Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Wow... Extensions all busted in latest TEST.

I think a heads up of "Extensions that touch any sheets will be completely busted" would be a good warning for this TEST version.

It kills me every time I read "to make it easier" my skin crawls because I know its going to break everything in extension land.

I've not investigated a lot - but changing names of anything in an established sheet has to be known to be a death blow to any extensions that work in it. Something you should warn in big red letters when you announce a TEST version as I figured this was a no impact when I first read it.

[Post Edit: Some critical stuff (for me) was rewritten so I'm less effected by the release now.]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 3rd, 2023 at 02:25.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

The links provided in Moon's post point to the wiki where it's broken down what is being changed and what will be used in it's place if applicable.

This is the link to that resource:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...l+Change+Guide
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    The links provided in Moon's post point to the wiki where it's broken down what is being changed and what will be used in it's place if applicable.

This is the link to that resource:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...l+Change+Guide
    Well thanks for that... makes it about 50% less painful than it is without it. Which is something. Still does not prevent having to check everything that touches sheets and figuring out what part was wrecked - but it helps a little. I'm hoping its not as painful as the anchor errors and windiff of the source make it look. Not counting on that though - this was a total surprise based on the text used to announce this TEST - which sounded "harmless". Should have realized it was "mostly harmless" in the vein of Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe

Guess I'll start listing what's busted in the spirit of...

I'll just add things here as I find them so people are aware (no real thread for VLC to report problems)...

VLC sound extension
    [8/2/2023 12:30:07 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (filter_label_content_left) in class (sound_settings_filter_vlc)
    [8/2/2023 12:30:07 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (filter_stringc_content_left) in class (sound_settings_filter_vlc)
    [8/2/2023 12:30:07 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string ".. Text Patch) - LIVE:..ings_filter_vlc.lua"]:11: attempt to index global 'filter_name' (a nil value)

Polymorphism extension
    [8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (main) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (skills) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (abilities) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (inventory) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (notes) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (logs) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (actions) in windowclass (charsheet)

I don't use the default theme (turned off one I do use assuming it will give problems) so maybe these have always been there but I'll list these also...

Death Indicators extension
    Important NPC text cut off last letter.

Combat Groups/Assistant GM extensions
    Slight overlap in top lines of CT with Eye icon of original CT.

Advantages Extension AdvantagesCW.ext - actually as I don't touch interface this is probably pure Character Wizard
    [8/2/2023 12:50:51 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (overviewframe) in windowclass (charwizard_sub_commit)
    [8/2/2023 12:50:51 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (overviewframe) in windowclass (charwizard_sub_commit)

I'll list anything else edited in here if I notice anything else. For now I'll fix the things within my control (Polymorphism, Death Indicators, Combat Groups, Assistant GM)

Fixed the CW overviewframe warnings. They've apparently been there for a while, so not new to this test cycle.

I'll send the VLC extension notes to Cameron.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Fixed the CW overviewframe warnings. They've apparently been there for a while, so not new to this test cycle.

I'll send the VLC extension notes to Cameron.

Regards,
    JPG
    Question: I'm looking at errors in polymorphism but don't get why they are erroring. The only difference in record_char.xml I see is that contentanchor was removed. The following calls I would think still would work as I have to push down the entire window to make room for my sub window.
    Code:
    			--Debug.console(" ** PC **");
    			-- PC sheet has seven tabs we need to push down to make room for sub_polymorphism (we won't try and display on tabs that aren't known to us)
    			-- this window is required - let it blow up if not present
    			window.parentcontrol.window.main.setAnchor("top", "overview", "bottom", "relative", 128);
    			if window.parentcontrol.window.skills then
    				window.parentcontrol.window.skills.setAnchor("top", "overview", "bottom", "relative", 128);
    			end
    			if window.parentcontrol.window.abilities then
    				window.parentcontrol.window.abilities.setAnchor("top", "overview", "bottom", "relative", 128);
    			end
    			if window.parentcontrol.window.inventory then
    				window.parentcontrol.window.inventory.setAnchor("top", "overview", "bottom", "relative", 128);
    			end
    			if window.parentcontrol.window.notes then
    				window.parentcontrol.window.notes.setAnchor("top", "overview", "bottom", "relative", 128);
    			end
    			if window.parentcontrol.window.logs then
    				window.parentcontrol.window.logs.setAnchor("top", "overview", "bottom", "relative", 128);
    			end
    			-- this window is required - let it blow up if not present
    			window.parentcontrol.window.actions.setAnchor("top", "overview", "bottom", "relative", 128);
    Yet I get the following errors (and the entire charsheet is wrecked off to the right because of it):

[8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (main) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (skills) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (abilities) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (inventory) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (notes) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (logs) in windowclass (charsheet)
    [8/2/2023 12:47:04 PM] [ERROR] window: No horizontal anchor defined for control (actions) in windowclass (charsheet)

I don't understand what the horizontal anchor has to do with anything as I'm not even dealing with it and never had.

Give me a little bit, and I think I can rearrange things a bit to resolve that.

JPG

Give me a little bit, and I think I can rearrange things a bit to resolve that.

JPG
    Sounds good. Let me know when I should give the new TEST a try.

I pushed the updates I was thinking of; so I think that the particular Polymorphism errors you noted a couple posts above (No horizontal anchor defined) should be addressed.

Regards,
    JPG

I pushed the updates I was thinking of; so I think that the particular Polymorphism errors you noted a couple posts above (No horizontal anchor defined) should be addressed.

Regards,
    JPG
    Works great, thanks. I'll have to do a deep dive closer to deadline to see if any obscure stuff is broken. I admit I was shocked anything was broken based on "theme" description of updates.

Thread Information