FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Comcast, XFinity, Cox and Shaw Communications Users - Important

Comcast , Cox, Shaw Communications and Xfinity users - your ISP is "protecting" you and blocking incoming connections on your Port Forwards.
    https://www.xfinity.com/support/arti...anced-security
    You will need to go in and unblock the FG server AND your players every 30days.

Extra info from Niles

So log into xfinity.com/myxfi, NOT the admin page where you port forward. This would be where you can pay your monthly bill. Click on Network, then Advanced Security, then you'll see all the devices connected to your wifi. It will probably show that there were "threats" to your devices. Click on your device that runs Fantasy Grounds. The next page will say "Unauthorized Access Attempt and specify the number of threats to your device. Click on that and the next page will say "threat history". Click on that. Now you can click on "allow" to let FG and anyone else trying to access Port 1802 through. But as damned said, it's only for 30 days. At the end of 30 days, you have to allow it all again. I had a Comcast tech out and he said this extra layer of security can't be bypassed and even the newest of modems will have it.

You may be able to disable it permanently (or until they turn it on again).

https://internet.xfinity.com/more/my...ices-disabling

I ran into this EXACT issue last week when I started playing again with some friends.

It is just a big PITA because you have to go in, open the port, and then AFTER you try connecting, go back to the site and approve the connection.

And yes, you will have to renew it every 30 days.

Seems this is only people who opt in to some kind of "premium security" feature right?

Definitely has some "how to turn this BS off" options in their FAQ, too. Hopefully it's not really a thing you gotta set a calendar reminder for... ugh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearMonkey View Post
    This is the ISP blocking traffic that the customer has allowed by way of Port Forward.
    Changing DNS wont bypass this.

Even after opting out of the Advanced Security. The gateway was still blocking traffic on 1802 when properly set up.
    Using the "equipment" as a bridge seems to allow things to work on FG as normal. We shall see in the future if this holds true.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Blog Entries
    Extra info from Niles

So log into xfinity.com/myxfi, NOT the admin page where you port forward. This would be where you can pay your monthly bill. Click on Network, then Advanced Security, then you'll see all the devices connected to your wifi. It will probably show that there were "threats" to your devices. Click on your device that runs Fantasy Grounds. The next page will say "Unauthorized Access Attempt and specify the number of threats to your device. Click on that and the next page will say "threat history". Click on that. Now you can click on "allow" to let FG and anyone else trying to access Port 1802 through. But as damned said, it's only for 30 days. At the end of 30 days, you have to allow it all again. I had a Comcast tech out and he said this extra layer of security can't be bypassed and even the newest of modems will have it.

I've stickied this so it doesn't get buried.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

It looks like this will disable it permanently (or until they turn it on again).

https://internet.xfinity.com/more/my...ices-disabling
    Xfi_advanced.png

Yup, this worked like a charm. Thank you.

Thread Information