5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Wtf !!

Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    Sidebar looks rubbish after the new upgrade, please stop tinkering just for the sake of it really does add nothing to functionality, you put sidebar choices into options now removed it just a few months later, whats going on?

Theres no need to overcomplicate things by adding "New Cool" features that essentially do no improvement whatsoever, fix the basics firsts then pretty it up. please...

I want function over style everytime..
    I completely disagree with you, and the attitude in the title of the thread.

If the UI gets left alone people moan "its outdated and not a modern UI", and if it gets updated people moan "why did you change it"

It will take you about 3 minutes of use to get used to it. This update was also part of a major overhaul of the system to enable more modernisation and improvements.

Blog Entries
    I like it quite a lot. It takes up less room if you minimise it. It looks good.
    Im just struggling to fix MoreCore to be compatible with it!
    Ill get there...

Sidebar looks rubbish after the new upgrade, please stop tinkering just for the sake of it really does add nothing to functionality, you put sidebar choices into options now removed it just a few months later, whats going on?

Theres no need to overcomplicate things by adding "New Cool" features that essentially do no improvement whatsoever, fix the basics firsts then pretty it up. please...

I want function over style everytime..
    Respectfully, I disagree.
    I welcome the new sidebar because it doesn't look cool at all, but it gives more space to the side once you collapse the "categories". It gives more screen estate to use, which FGU desperately needs since we can't float windows to multiple screens yet - that IS function over style.

I really like the new button layout.

With the greatest possible repect to eveyone here that has input their various opinions, being of a certain age, I personally dislike what I percieve to be change for changes sake, some other people have acknowledged that the sidebar is now in fact bigger than it was therefore actually reducing the available use of screen size, You can collapse the catorgories for sure but the sidebar remains exactly the same size irrespective of how many catagories are open/closed etc. So for those already using a small screen (e.g. Laptop users) it takes up even more space proportionally, if there is actually a method to hide the sidebar completly similar to a roll over mouse thingy, I would be interested. As while running a game I don't need 90% of them anyway, so the actual location is pointless.

For those that say, well its been announced in beta for some time. I neither have the time or inclination to indulge, I get my update info from the release notes, in which there was no mention of the UI change.

On a final note, Jiminimonka, your political comment is neither welcome nor appreciated, please keep those opinions to yourself, this is not a forum to tout your political bias.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

On a final note, Jiminimonka, your political comment is neither welcome nor appreciated, please keep those opinions to yourself, this is not a forum to tout your political bias.
    If you are responding publicly to a private comment - this is not the place IMHO. For sure I read his comment (as it exists right now above) and I have no clue what your talking about with "political bias" commentary.

He's as welcome to give counterpoints to your venting about the update as you are to... well... vent about the update. I posted my opinions on this thread in my own thread so will refrain from saying more.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I get my update info from the release notes, in which there was no mention of the UI change.
    About the release notes: Sadly, ruleset updates are not listed in the launcher's release notes, only client updates. (In the past that was different) Ruleset updates are only listed in the city halls of the forums, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...pdates-2021-12, or on Discord. In some other thread(s) we already discussed that it would be very nice and much better if FG would make patch notes much more visible
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 16th, 2021 at 20:29.

Blog Entries
    All release notes are always linked from unique release entries in the City Hall forum.

Application release notes are tracked here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...hnotes_v4.html
    Ruleset release notes are tracked here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...s_ruleset.html

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

With the greatest possible repect to eveyone here that has input their various opinions, being of a certain age, I personally dislike what I percieve to be change for changes sake, some other people have acknowledged that the sidebar is now in fact bigger than it was therefore actually reducing the available use of screen size, You can collapse the catorgories for sure but the sidebar remains exactly the same size irrespective of how many catagories are open/closed etc. So for those already using a small screen (e.g. Laptop users) it takes up even more space proportionally, if there is actually a method to hide the sidebar completly similar to a roll over mouse thingy, I would be interested. As while running a game I don't need 90% of them anyway, so the actual location is pointless.

For those that say, well its been announced in beta for some time. I neither have the time or inclination to indulge, I get my update info from the release notes, in which there was no mention of the UI change.

Twas a jest and not in the forum.

I wear glasses to compensate for a small screen being of certain age.

The updates to the UI take time and maybe eventually Smiteworks will add the option for the side menu to slide away when not in use. But it will take time and small steps.

Was the rep also a jest?

Before Large Fonts from the forge I had to use the scaleui feature at 110% and I use a 24in monitor for running games in FGU, sometimes still struggle with that, using my laptop to craft games as I also do when I am away from home, available screen space is much more crucial so I have a great deal of sympathy for those with smaller screens.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Thread Information