DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Extracting Map Fx

I have a map that I added LOS and a fx (water) to make torches/fireplaces animate. I then Exported Metadata into the directory with the image. The Export Metadata only seems to have the LOS/Lighting information in it when I bring Create Impact Record from the Assets into another campaign. I did not see an option on the fx layer to export it. Is there a way to do this or would that have to be redone when the image is brought in somewhere else new?

(If not way to do this - I know I can export to a module, but then EVERY IMAGE that I have there is exported. I really do not want to keep making campaigns for certain customized maps).

Thanks.

We are still working on expanding lighting and vision, but at this point FX are not exportable. Also, when making maps to be available in another campaign, the option to export into a module is the currently the only option. What I have done is setup a single map making campaign to keep all my custom maps in a single module. So when I make a new one, I do a fresh export and it's now part of that module to be loaded into any of my campaigns.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    You can drag single records to the export window, that way you can create a module with just one or a select set of maps etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You can drag single records to the export window, that way you can create a module with just one or a select set of maps etc.
    This I did not know - I will try that!

Edit - Next time I should read the bottom of the export box. It does say it. Thanks for pointing out this option!
    Last edited by amerigoV; August 18th, 2021 at 14:36.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    What I have done is setup a single map making campaign to keep all my custom maps in a single module. So when I make a new one, I do a fresh export and it's now part of that module to be loaded into any of my campaigns.
    So I run into a problem with this approach.

Say I have Campaign A, B, and C.

In A, I make a few maps with LOS, effects, etc. It is the only content in the campaign, no extension (note: Savage Worlds as the ruleset, but that is it). I export it, selecting Images only. I did extract the LOS to the original maps just to have it even if I do not use the module.

In B, I load up this new module and pull up the new images from the module. I see a mistake in the LOS and go back to Campaign A to fix it and export it again. That change does not carry through when I go back to Campaign B. I have done the following to try to get this to work:
    1. Re-extract the LOS to the original file
    2. /flushdb in both A and B
    3. Unload and reload the module
    4. Delete the module file, re-export. (and confirmed the updated date)
    5. In B, I deleted the maps thinking if I reopen it that it would force refresh the asset. Unfortunately, in Campaign B I can not see those maps anymore. If I go to the Library and click in the images for the module, its empty.
    6. Turned off all extensions and loaded again

If I open C and open the module, it has the updates.

Its like I get one shot at opening a module since the campaign cannot seem to get any refreshed information.

I recall this happening way back when LOS first came out. I went away from this technique as I was experiencing the same problems but I figured that would be resolved by now. Am I missing a step? I am glad to pack up the campaigns with a screen capture (well, might have to do it again since I "deleted" the maps out of the images in B).
    Last edited by amerigoV; August 22nd, 2021 at 17:25.

In Campaign B right click on the module and select revert changes. Or right click on the specific map in the images list and revert changes there.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacchaeus. It took a couple of tries (or maybe it was because they were big maps). But they got there

Thread Information