DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Nsaty bug with "IF"

So, I have a Dragon Shaman character in my 3.5 game who has the ability to "fast healing 1 whenever HP are at or below half its total" (a draconic aura, to be exact). So I went and scripted an effect "IF: bloodied; FHEAL: 1" ("whenever you ping as "bloodied" (50% or less hp), then run a FHEAL: 1").
    And it works. It works until for some reason, HP go to negative (-1 or less), at which point FG hangs up for quite a lot, delivers me a "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor.lua"]:29: stack overflow", and most of the times I need to shut down FG from task manager and re-run it to remove that effect from CT's actor (while hoping it doesn't hang up again in the meantime). Among things (should it unfreeze on its own), that character's HP are locked: I can modify'em as much as I want, if I bear with its hanging for minutes each time... but damage and healing effects, such as attacks and cure wounds, don't budge the value: if that character has 24 wounds over 20 total hp (-4), a longsword critical dealing 24 damage still leaves wounds at 24. Same with "cure wounds" healing 10 hp, still leaves wounds at 24.

At first I thought it was some extension, but this bug persists with

my 3.5 campaign
    my 3.5 campaign with no extensions
    3.5 new campaign (created for this test), clean, no data besides FG default
    PF1 new campaign (created for this test), clean, no data besides FG default
    5e new campaign (created for this test), clean, no data besides FG default

Aat this point I suppose it's not a matter of settings, so I here I am to ask for help, wisdom, and possibly a pop-corn bag

Blog Entries
    Pop corn sounds good

I think this is something the devs are going to have to look into. Sounds like a out of bounds error

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hm, once I also ran into that problem (Asgurgolas, since you know my extensions, that was about that nodex also recognizes CA, there I had a similar trouble). I thought it was about my extension, but since you were able to reproduce it without extensions now, a fix of that may also allow me to extend my extensions Thus, I am now here, too

... and I have brought popcorn!

"Extend extensions" sounds spiffy *eats popcorn*

I attempted to try and replicate the issue, but it appears to be working. We might need more information as I am unable to get the error to fire.

x9zsECnsNN.gif
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I attempted to try and replicate the issue, but it appears to be working. We might need more information as I am unable to get the error to fire.

x9zsECnsNN.gif
    As far as I see the wounds did not succeed the HP in your example, isn't it? For example start with 14 or 15 wounds while having 13 HP

I continued testing with 15, 26, 36, and 56 wounds and it didn't produce the error in either of those cases. What I did find is at 15 it will roll the stabilization roll and add damage instead of healing. What my goal is to see if I could replicate the error reported. With the information provided, I'm having a bit of trouble to do so. We might need some logs to see if I can see if I'm missing something with my test case.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I continued testing with 15, 26, 36, and 56 wounds and it didn't produce the error in either of those cases. What I did find is at 15 it will roll the stabilization roll and add damage instead of healing. What my goal is to see if I could replicate the error reported. With the information provided, I'm having a bit of trouble to do so. We might need some logs to see if I can see if I'm missing something with my test case.
    The stabilization roll always results into damage when it is a failure, it does not heal when it successes (it just applies "stable" effect then) (EDIT: Ah, wait, now I know what you mean, the FHEAL should already lead to a "stable" effect, hence, no damage expected )

I also now just tested and I could not replicate it sadly, too

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    The stabilization roll always results into damage when it is a failure, it does not heal when it successes (it just applies "stable" effect then) (EDIT: Ah, wait, now I know what you mean, the FHEAL should already lead to a "stable" effect, hence, no damage expected )

I also now just tested and I could not replicate it sadly, too
    Agreed, still a weird issue, but at the moment, not able to replicate it. I would say if anyone runs into this again, to please collect the logs and we'll have another crack at tracking down the culprit.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

In my current testing (between one busy thing and another), the bug happens to trigger ONLY on character sheets (NPCs seems to work fine), and not on pf1 anymore (don't ask XD).

I think it has to do with some fix from a long time ago, that "stopped" fast healing from working when HP were negative, but I think it was from some extension and I tested extensionless... so I'm back on the dowsing work

Also in the current campaign (where I'm also testing with extensions) the error goes on both "29" and "210"

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor.lua"]:210: stack overflow
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor.lua"]:29: stack overflow
    Last edited by Asgurgolas; December 6th, 2020 at 18:40.

Thread Information