FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Conversion Checker Issues

So I've been having issues with Conversion Checker extension and I'm confused and frustrated.

Yesterday I spent a whole bunch of time resolving all the issues CC was giving me. I would fix all the listed ones, run it again and get new issues. Fix those, run it again, rinse & repeat. Ok, so that was annoying but fine and I eventually got it where CC would indicate nothing needed to be fixed (except the 3 external links to the DMG I intended to have). Then I shut down FG, went and did life things, then came back and out of curiosity I ran CC again since it was still loaded when I started up the campaign. And guess what? It showed 40+ new issues.

Also of note it was giving bad/missing links and when opening the record it had no such link visible. I had to remove the link in the xml itself.

Is this expected? It's quite annoying.

Here's the latest results;

Start Module Check: Current Campaign
    This module links to the following modules: DD Dungeon Masters Guide, DD MM Monster Manual
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.npcdata.bandit@DD MM Monster Manual, battle.id-00031.npclist.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.npcdata.zombie@DD MM Monster Manual, battle.id-00067.npclist.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.npcdata.shrieker@DD MM Monster Manual, battle.id-00140.npclist.id-00004.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.npcdata.violetfungus@DD MM Monster Manual, battle.id-00209.npclist.id-00002.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.npcdata.myconidsovereign@DD MM Monster Manual, battlerandom.id-00003.npclist.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.npcdata.stirge@DD MM Monster Manual, battlerandom.id-00005.npclist.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.npcdata.goblin@DD MM Monster Manual, combattracker.list.id-00001.sourcelink,
    Record: Link Target Missing - image.img_goblin_jpg@DD MM Monster Manual, combattracker.list.id-00001.text,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.refmanualdata.refpage_diseases@DD Dungeon Masters Guide, encounter.id-00178.text,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.refmanualdata.refpage_downtimeactivities @DD Dungeon Masters Guide, encounter.id-00562.text,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.protectionfromevilandgood@*, item.id-00096.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.zoneoftruth@*, item.id-00097.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.speakwithplants@*, item.id-00098.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.compulsion@*, item.id-00099.description,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.spiderclimb@*, item.id-00107.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.conjureelemental@*, item.id-00186.description,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.masshealingword@*, item.id-00205.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.fireball@*, item.id-00209.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.arcanelock@*, item.id-00210.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.jump@*, item.id-00257.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.darkvision@*, item.id-00259.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.knock@*, item.id-00260.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.commune@*, item.id-00282.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.curewounds@*, item.id-00283.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.removecurse@*, item.id-00284.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.dispelmagic@*, item.id-00285.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.revivify@*, item.id-00286.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.prayerofhealing@*, item.id-00287.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.banishment@*, itemtemplate.id-00001.description,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.imagedata.img_spell_scroll_jpg@*, itemtemplate.id-00001.description,
    Record: Link Target Missing - image.img_blackpudding_jpg@DD MM Monster Manual, npc.id-00328.text,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.npcdata.firesnake@DD MM Monster Manual, tables.id-00002.tablerows.id-00006.results.id-00001.resultlink,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.polymorph@*, treasureparcels.id-00033.itemlist.id-00001.description,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.npcdata.mastiff@*, treasureparcels.id-00099.itemlist.id-00007.description,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.poisonspray@*, treasureparcels.id-00129.itemlist.id-00005.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.colorspray@*, treasureparcels.id-00129.itemlist.id-00006.spells.id-00001.link,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.disguiseself@*, treasureparcels.id-00129.itemlist.id-00007.description,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.npcdata.awakenedshrub@*, treasureparcels.id-00140.itemlist.id-00001.description,
    Record: Link Target Missing - reference.spelldata.dominatebeast@*, treasureparcels.id-00166.itemlist.id-00001.description,
    Finish Module Check.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; March 2nd, 2024 at 16:38.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Oh, and many of these ~40 items are ones I have a record of fixing before...

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Are you running the latest version? It was updated (well actually re-written) a few weeks ago. Make sure you don't have an old copy in your extension folder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Yea, it was updated after that fix. I think I updated last week as well...
    File shows as last being updated on my machine 2/9/2024
    edit: after an update that is still the current version.

The errors you are getting are genuine ones I think. They are showing that the spells are anonymous links which aren't used any more. I've been updating a lot of modules recently - converting them to campaign based creation rather than par5e and I do have to relink spells and some items in tables. However normally I get all the errors at once rather than piecemeal. I have seen this piecemeal thing though sometimes. It seems to stop reporting for whatever reason before it has looked at the whole database.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    ok, thanks. Yea, I was getting the peicemeal thing withing a single session of FG, but since I had run it and was no longer getting anymore I was cranky when I started up FG the next time and had new errors

Blog Entries
    Mr Z, you didn't find a quick way to replace the anonymous links in the xml did you? It looks like the in module links do not use the name, but rather the NPC is node, so I don't see a good way to update the xml directly.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Mr Z, you didn't find a quick way to replace the anonymous links in the xml did you? It looks like the in module links do not use the name, but rather the NPC is node, so I don't see a good way to update the xml directly.
    Not really. The problem is that you don’t know exactly where the links should point. If you know where they should point you could replace the @* with @modulename.

Blog Entries
    I want them to point to the campaign itself. But thanks. I did notice that if I have the modules loaded, the CC does not list them as an error. But if I unload everything, then they show up. So that's part of where my confusion with the list of issues changing was coming from.

Toss up your campaign XML and I can look it over to give more directed suggestions
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information