FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 18 of 44 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    A token won't see another token if a) it is blocked by LoS or b) it isn't blocked by LoS but isn't within the vision range of the viewing token. So in your example above the token with the darkvision would not see the token in the red square because although it has LoS to that token it isn't within it's range of vision.

So to answer your question the combination of LoS and Lighting is both an aid to imagination and has function as well.
    To be clear, with the new lighting there no longer will be the need to select mask-sensitivity for each token?

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    To be clear, with the new lighting there no longer will be the need to select mask-sensitivity for each token?
    Tokens are mask-sensitive as default when visible in the CT, as long as one does not overwrite it But they're probably still always invisible when invisible in the CT, and you are probably asking for mask-sensitivity as default when invisible in the CT So, standard behaviour as usual (at least I doubt that this will change now)

I've never had to do this in my LOS enabled maps. IS this something you have to do currently?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I do, because I want the NPCs not seen in the combat tracker or the map until LOS reveals them. Example, player opens a door and orcs are seen in the room immediately surprising the player.

Again, as noted before. Unless a token is visible on the CT then it's invisible on the map no matter how many lights are on it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Again, as noted before. Unless a token is visible on the CT then it's invisible on the map no matter how many lights are on it.
    Unless you select Mask Sensitive Visibility on the token. Currently with Mask Sensitive Visibility selected on a NPC token, that token will become visible when visible to LOS of another token even when the corresponding NPC on the combat tracker is invisible.

Unless you select Mask Sensitive Visibility on the token. Currently with Mask Sensitive Visibility selected on a NPC token, that token will become visible when visible to LOS of another token even when the corresponding NPC on the combat tracker is invisible.
    Yes; your question was will there no longer be a need to set mask sensitive visibility on each token and my answer is no there will be that need if you want what you want.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Understood. Thanks!

*Edit: Okay, I continued watching and pretty much the exact functionality is already in there. Almost. There is the ability to entirely mask the ambient light, including the shadows. What would be also be nice to have is a mask that only stops the shadows being cast in the area, but still illuminates it.

Have just been watching the latest stream on Twitch, and it highlighted a need to be able to map out areas using polygons where dynamic shadows from the ambient light are not cast - in order to stop shadows of structure walls being cast into the structure itself.

Last edited by Surge; January 31st, 2021 at 23:13.

so, the big question. When does it roll out live?

Thread Information