5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 8 of 15 First ... 678910 ... Last
    I have to wonder if Combat Groups Extension is the only thing that's been deactivated so far. Old extensions still out there for the moment. Has anyone seen anything else deactivated in DMsG? Or is it just the new stuff (mine).

Honestly, its still confusing to me and still seems like nobody (FG, DMsG, WOTC) really understand what they are going to do about all this. For sure my past post noted that bundles are a major concern to me having found the deactivated Combat Groups was still in there affecting the price and actually appeared to sell a couple. I've taken it out of that bundle - but that makes me wonder when they start deactivating other things in a bundle - what then? Am I responsible to remove them out of the bundle?

Seems rather an insane way to handle all this. Hoping for clarity from someone as I can see getting sent to DTRPG - then being told FG portal is finally out and its the place to be - and then forbidden to move due to some "Can't move once there" kind of thing as DMsG had. Hope the parties take that sort of thing into account.

They might all say not worth our time to address, your just out of luck. I can see that happening for sure.

But really, what did I do wrong? I followed the rules - was told DMsG is where sales for .ext things were done - only for 5E extensions - and none of mine actually deal with data - only software architecture changes in FGU. For sure I'm not going to do anything shady like mask my .ext as something else as I've heard being suggested. That's not me. I'll wait till the legal correct path is defined then take that one. I just have to hope I'm not screwed over for being honest. But that happens sometimes.

Price you pay. Willing to pay it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mshall View Post
    If WOTC doesn't want .ext on dmsguild, could they be moved to drivethrurpg? There is other compatible content there that is specifically there because it doesn't meet the criteria for dmsguild, so if the issue is keeping a clean branding of what content should reside dmsguild, perhaps the sister-site would be acceptable? The move would still be confusing but maybe there is a mechanism that exists for the migration from one OBS subsite to another that might be easier and faster than spinning up a new Smiteworks solution (still may want to do that as well, but will take time to implement and also need to resolve how to deal with those of us who have purchased a lot of extensions via dmsguild.)
    Not without a Publisher Agreement in place between SmiteWorks and the author of the extension.

Past customers should still have access to the extensions. It is affecting sales and revenue for these extension authors, though, so we are working on a solution for this. We've diverted a resource over to the Forge project and will probably know more in a week about how long it will take to get that ready. Once we have a projected ETA, we can determine if we need to come up with any other work-arounds for people. Setting up Publisher Agreements is also a resource intensive step and it takes time to work through that if we decided to go that route. I'm leery of doing that since it also adds to my work-load and costs each quarter for payments to publishers and indie devs.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Good point. Our solution will probably need to allow creators to gift copies to buyers who already bought it.
    Very glad to see that this is already being included in the thought process. I very much appreciate what the extension developers have created and feel they definitely need to be compensated for their efforts, I would prefer to not have to pay for things multiple times (bad enough I have to do this with the WotC books).

Blog Entries
    Some feedback on the Extension Forge. None of this are required for Minimal Viable Product, but would be high value and if considered during initial architecture may make deployment later easier.
    - Ability to send complimentary copies; for reviewers and for those who previously bought elsewhere
    - Ability to bundle multiple products
    - Ability for extension author to set/adjust price
    - Ability for extension author to set coupon/discount codes based upon quantity redeemed and/or time
    - Ability for author to contact customers
    - Author controlled description page for extension, or link to forum thread.
    - FG compatibility (initial version, latest version)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Some feedback on the Extension Forge. None of this are required for Minimal Viable Product, but would be high value and if considered during initial architecture may make deployment later easier.
    - Ability to send complimentary copies; for reviewers and for those who previously bought elsewhere
    - Ability for extension author to set coupon/discount codes based upon quantity redeemed and/or time
    - Ability to split the royalties.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Ability to bundle items together for a discount
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Ciphor View Post
    Just posting my humble opinion so they can read all about it...
    I don't understand how WoTC can shadow ban extensions to a program they do not author. If the extensions violated content, perhaps, but ones that are designed to enhance functionality of the program (not under authorship, maintenance, or control of WoTC), I just don't see it. Unless SmiteWorks was somehow stupid enough to relinquish control of their product's development to a 3rd party... ???
    But I do know this... I've spent thousands of dollars on FG, including additional content, over the years. If they are going to revoke my right to access those products, then they owe me a full refund for depriving my continued use of said product(s). I don't care if 'they' ultimately = SW, DMsGuild, or WoTC. That's between them to fight out. All I know is, I legally bought a product in good faith, and I am entitled to continued use...IMHO. I accept refunds in the form of cash only, NOT "store credit" -- for the record.
    This is just one more way WoTC is continuing to drive the enjoyment of the hoby into the dirt. Good luck with that. I hear PF2 is a better product than 5E, anyway...
    /end rant
    The original Unearthed Arcana for FG got pulled from sales a few years ago, and I can still access it in my DMsGuild library. So I don't think it affects what you already purchased, just stops further sales.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Good point. Our solution will probably need to allow creators to gift copies to buyers who already bought it.
    Those that have purchased the extension via DMsGuild or elsewhere can contact the authors (most of them are on Rob2e's discord and the rest are on these forums) with some proof and get a one time link that shows they purchased,to the Forge system.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Those that have purchased the extension via DMsGuild or elsewhere can contact the authors (most of them are on Rob2e's discord and the rest are on these forums) with some proof and get a one time link that shows they purchased,to the Forge system.
    That would be important to me as someone that purchased a lot of extensions.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Actually one of my 5 buyers notified me of an issue in Combat Groups Extension (one that triggered all this by being deactivated with mail from DMsG about it) and I found that uploading the fixed .ext file to my non public DMsG page for it actually let the buyer download the fix. So that is a relief somewhat. So no matter where I end up with my .ext - I can still keep DMsG buyers up to date with fixes. At least for now. Super weird all this stuff.

Thread Information