5E Character Create Playlist
Page 90 of 104 First ... 40808889909192100 ... Last
    Racial Ability Score Increases for the Owlin race (Strixhaven) appear to be bugged. The race should have +2 and +1 options, but only the +2 option appears.
    hZY6s6l[1].png

Steps to replicate:
    - Start a campaign and load the D&D Player's Handbook and D&D Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos modules.
    - Create a new character using the Character Wizard.
    - Select the Owlin race, and Medium Owlin or Small Owlin subrace.
    - Select Default racial modifiers.

Expected behavior:
    - There will be an option for Racial mod +2 and another option for Racial mod +1.

Actual behavior:
    - There is an option for Racial mod +2. There is no option for Racial mod +1.

Quote Originally Posted by validpostage View Post
    Racial Ability Score Increases for the Owlin race (Strixhaven) appear to be bugged. The race should have +2 and +1 options, but only the +2 option appears.
    hZY6s6l[1].png

Steps to replicate:
    - Start a campaign and load the D&D Player's Handbook and D&D Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos modules.
    - Create a new character using the Character Wizard.
    - Select the Owlin race, and Medium Owlin or Small Owlin subrace.
    - Select Default racial modifiers.

Expected behavior:
    - There will be an option for Racial mod +2 and another option for Racial mod +1.

Actual behavior:
    - There is an option for Racial mod +2. There is no option for Racial mod +1.
    Thank you for the report. Looks like it wasn't splitting the string on the period. A fix will be pushed with the weekly update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Character Wzard Issue

I'm throwing an error with trying to create a character. The error is as follows
    Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1119: attempt to index a nil value
    Not sure what is going on any help could be useful

It seems like it isn't adding HP initially to the character so It won't allow the class to be chosen.

Blog Entries
    Which character wizard? i.e 5E or one of the other rulesets? Note, the 5E character wizard has it's own bug report thread in the 5E sub-forum, probably the same for the other CW rulesets.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

5e ruleset. I could get some races to work with it but couldn't get Plasmoid to work. Just keeps throwing that error and loading a character with out health and class

Blog Entries
    Plasmoid is not a race I recognize. And right now I think the 5E CW only supports official WotC products. You can check this thread for specifics and report furter there. Make sure to test without extensions and post what source the race is from.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Reports-(2020)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by BearTheCub View Post
    I'm throwing an error with trying to create a character. The error is as follows
    Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1119: attempt to index a nil value
    Not sure what is going on any help could be useful
    I'm not able to replicate this with the information you have provided and I'm not aware of that race. Can you provide more details and steps to help reproduce the issue?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I added Plasmoid to the Unearthed Arcana module recently. Not exactly sure what the issue is but I can replicate the error. Possibly the creature type? Or possibly the fact that there's a choice between medium and small size.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I added Plasmoid to the Unearthed Arcana module recently. Not exactly sure what the issue is but I can replicate the error. Possibly the creature type? Or possibly the fact that there's a choice between medium and small size.
    The issue is in the charwizard code - just before the line error given in post #1. The code shouldn't run if there isn't a subrace, and it looks for a blank subrace link name - but the earlier the code can set that name to "none", so the subrace code runs - but there's no subrace which causes the error.

The code at line 1111 in the 5E ruleset "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua" file needs to be changed to the following:

Code:
    if sSubRaceClass ~= "" and sSubRaceClass ~= "none" then
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information