FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 84 of 104 First ... 3474828384858694 ... Last
    Hey,

For some reason the character wizard on all my campaigns now shows this for the human race option:
    https://imgur.com/TveGWSy which gives me this https://imgur.com/2HfFULh

If I select the other option:
    https://imgur.com/whvh5sj It gives me this https://imgur.com/VDrEu6Z

I did just buy the Curse of Strahd module and downloaded several extensions but it is happening on old campaigns, new ones with or without extensions. It won't let me move on with the wizard until I select one of these options.
    Any idea what it could be causing this or is this a bug?

This is normal behavior has the human gets a +1 by default to every ability. So I'm not sure what the issue is that you are facing.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    The Default is the default Human, which as Teddy says is +1 to every attribute and no choices. Option 2 is the Variant Human, where you get +1 to 3 abilities and a bonus feat.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Well default Human is a bit goofy in that regard as the second option really shouldn't be used for base Human. It doesn't really follow the idea for the Tasha changes.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Well default Human is a bit goofy in that regard as the second option really shouldn't be used for base Human. It doesn't really follow the idea for the Tasha changes.
    There's something for you to consider... are folks going to be able to create using both the original PHB methods and the new Tasha's approach?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

We are brainstorming changes to the Wizard for the old and new data. Nothing solid yet to implement.

Edit:

Let me clarify, that currently the way the CharWizard factors things, is the default button will search the race/subrace record you have chosen and see if it provides a default ability score increase. If so, then it will create a selection window with that ability score chosen with the proper increase. If multiple ability score increases match the increase they become also selected. This then allows you to swap the defaults for whatever you would like them changed to. This follows Tasha's of swapping increases. With the new Race records from the newer supplements, they don't provide defaults. Then it reverts to the one +2 and two +1 choices in default. The reason I say the PHB Human doesn't benefit from Tasha is because there is no swapping as the human race gets a +1 to every ability score. Nothing to swap. The second option also will make you lose ability score increases. So it might need a special case for it not to show the second option.
    Last edited by superteddy57; February 25th, 2022 at 23:36.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The Default is the default Human, which as Teddy says is +1 to every attribute and no choices. Option 2 is the Variant Human, where you get +1 to 3 abilities and a bonus feat.
    Ah this makes more sense. The variant-human and human race were merged into one rather than being separate. I only recently updated my Fantasy Grounds when I bought the new module so I guess this was an update that happened rather than something with what I downloaded or the character wizard glitching out. Okay, cool cool.
    Maybe I've missed an actual dnd change or just terrible memory, wasn't variant human +1 to 2 ability scores in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    The reason I say the PHB Human doesn't benefit from Tasha is because there is no swapping as the human race gets a +1 to every ability score. Nothing to swap. The second option also will make you lose ability score increases. So it might need a special case for it not to show the second option.
    Yeah this makes sense as to what I was wondering. There's no way to toggle these changes are there? It just came out of left field after updating and feels a bit clunky at first look at it. I feel like there should be a way to turn the Tasha's options off but understand if that's a bit too much work for literally just selecting "default" and not messing with the ability scores past that.

Human and Human-variant are not merged. They are still two separate records. There is nothing to turn off. There is no need to turn off Tasha as clicking on default will provide you with the default ability scores. What is available is the ability to swap the choices for your ability scores. This is what Tasha introduced. So you could go with the default or decide to change them based on the ability score increase. As for base Human, clicking on default provides the correct ability score increases, just nothing to swap. Human just needs to have the second option removed when chosen.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Blog Entries
    Ah, sounds lie I was wrong on variant vs default.

Character Creation Wizard - source - Tasha's Cauldron - I have had 2 players select Fey Touched - however none of the following get added to the character sheet wizard when it is selected - Increase your Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
    You learn the misty step spell and one 1st-level spell of your choice. The 1st-level spell must be from the divination or enchantment school of magic. You can cast each of these spells without expending a spell slot. Once you cast either of these spells in this way, you can’t cast that spell in this way again until you finish a long rest. You can also cast these spells using spell slots you have of the appropriate level. The spells’ spellcasting ability is the ability increased by this feat

Thread Information