5E Character Create Playlist
Page 27 of 33 First ... 172526272829 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by fogcutter View Post
    This thread is 26 pages long now so I apologize if it's already been addressed

Death indicators work great - my players love the grave stones. My issue is that when the mob dies the token automatically goes invisible. I have to click on the target and "Mark Sensitive Visibility" make it show up again

Anyone else have this issue or is it a known issue?

Thanks!
    Played last night - PCs killed plenty of things - saw nothing like this. The dead thing is replaced with gravestone on the CT and in the map - as it should be. I have to delete the CT entry to get both to be deleted or delete the map token then the CT (less convenient way) but I saw nothing not working as it should.

If your tombstone on map goes invisible then you probably have some conflict with some other extension. You'll have to work that out yourself.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Question and possible suggestion. I was using this extension a few weeks back. Now I wasn't using it OOTB so the problem may have been due to how I was using it, but thought I would point out the issue and ask if their OOTB the extension handles this or if it might be possible to fix/change. Background this was a kruthik hive and a high level party. So we are talking over a hundred NPCs over dozens of rounds (only a dozen or less would arrive per round).

Here's what I was doing;

When an NPC died, I wanted to remove from the CT, but leave the marker on the map. So, during the characters' turns, I would place a token over the marker and them remove the NPC from the tracker. This resulted in performance problems as LOS was now being calculated to so many tokens. So I then had to switch out tokens for image assets and things worked great

Would I have had this same problem using the extension as written (OOTB)? Is their a way/option in the extension to have the marker left on the map and the NPC removed from the CT? Are or can the markers left be image assets and not tokens?

Thanks!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Question and possible suggestion. I was using this extension a few weeks back. Now I wasn't using it OOTB so the problem may have been due to how I was using it, but thought I would point out the issue and ask if their OOTB the extension handles this or if it might be possible to fix/change. Background this was a kruthik hive and a high level party. So we are talking over a hundred NPCs over dozens of rounds (only a dozen or less would arrive per round).

Here's what I was doing;

When an NPC died, I wanted to remove from the CT, but leave the marker on the map. So, during the characters' turns, I would place a token over the marker and them remove the NPC from the tracker. This resulted in performance problems as LOS was now being calculated to so many tokens. So I then had to switch out tokens for image assets and things worked great

Would I have had this same problem using the extension as written (OOTB)? Is their a way/option in the extension to have the marker left on the map and the NPC removed from the CT? Are or can the markers left be image assets and not tokens?

Thanks!
    When I use this my players usually have me remove the map death indicators as soon as they are determined to be "really dead". The reason they are still the actual tokens is because mistakes happen and they can easily be brought back to life if dead dead (no saving throws left in play for NPC or PC). There is currently no image placement that would be automated as they would involve layers and decisions that would be to variable depending on the user/desires. If I need an image to replace what I delete off PC (rare) I manually drop the image I want on the map. Tokens are inherently interactive with LOS and have all sorts of issues if over done on the map as you realized - which is why I usually immediately remove them. If you want the corpses (or some asset) left in map you'd have to do it yourself - or modify this free extension to do it for you as an optional thing. For sure its not something I would clutter my maps with as images in the map really become part of the map. And tokens have "logic" embedded that reacts with things and can clutter up things like focus on same spot and LOS calcs slowing things down etc.

I've incorporated well thought out code changes (that don't effect me) before - so if you wish to add something in that does not interfere with what I used I'd add in the code to the deliverable. Or you could just deliver the zip an option yourself. Remember I got permission from original authors to hack this to my desired use and then shared it with the community if they happened to want the same things. Nothing says you cannot do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Played last night - PCs killed plenty of things - saw nothing like this. The dead thing is replaced with gravestone on the CT and in the map - as it should be. I have to delete the CT entry to get both to be deleted or delete the map token then the CT (less convenient way) but I saw nothing not working as it should.

If your tombstone on map goes invisible then you probably have some conflict with some other extension. You'll have to work that out yourself.

Good suggestion. So I loaded a test campaign and only loaded the Death Indicators extension. Worked as it was supposed to but the tombstone went invisible as before.

Quote Originally Posted by fogcutter View Post
    Good suggestion. So I loaded a test campaign and only loaded the Death Indicators extension. Worked as it was supposed to but the tombstone went invisible as before.
    I still could not duplicate this. So I'd check that you are running 5e - you have no lighting enabled in map (to rule out something silly like not having any light to make it visible from whatever token you have doing the viewing) - and that you are using V4.23 (in chat log when you come up) - and that you don't have some strange set of tokens for the tombstones (use defaults) - and that you have a standard map (not of your creation - something out of a module someplace would be best). This will rule these things out - as I don't know why you are seeing what you are seeing if its the only extension being used.

A recent update to FG Unity seems to have broken the Death Indicator extension with the following error message when a character/npc goes to 0 hp:

[ERROR] Handler error: [string “scripts/manager_token_DeathIndicator.lua”]:57: attempt to call field ‘getActorFromCT’ (a nil value)

Is there a fix planned or implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhchng View Post
    A recent update to FG Unity seems to have broken the Death Indicator extension with the following error message when a character/npc goes to 0 hp:

[ERROR] Handler error: [string “scripts/manager_token_DeathIndicator.lua”]:57: attempt to call field ‘getActorFromCT’ (a nil value)

Is there a fix planned or implemented?
    No fix planned as it works fine for me.

Check version is latest - 4.23 for 5E
    Turn off all extensions - if it works then - you have a conflict with another extension.

I missed the update(s). Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhchng View Post
    I missed the update(s). Thank you.
    If you are getting it from Forge you should not be missing the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I still could not duplicate this. So I'd check that you are running 5e - you have no lighting enabled in map (to rule out something silly like not having any light to make it visible from whatever token you have doing the viewing) - and that you are using V4.23 (in chat log when you come up) - and that you don't have some strange set of tokens for the tombstones (use defaults) - and that you have a standard map (not of your creation - something out of a module someplace would be best). This will rule these things out - as I don't know why you are seeing what you are seeing if its the only extension being used.
    Still no joy - tried running as the only extension on and the tombstone still disappears. Just wanted to check again because my friend is having the same thing happening in his campaign. When an NPC dies the tombstone appears but the NPC immediately goes invisible and I have to set visible again for folks to see the tombstone. I just wanted to check to make sure this is not normal functionality.

2022-02-28.png

Thread Information