5E Character Create Playlist
Page 90 of 114 First ... 40808889909192100 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Yeah, I probably would have skipped supporting IFT.
    I think there is a function I can call to get a table of who you're targeting when the aura is parsed, although this seems like it might feel even weirder.
    Rather have it than not - which is why I added it - for sure has its uses in reducing CT effect overhead.

Thanks again for reworking this!

[Post edit] Also the whole point of Auras is they don't care about targeting. I'd not look up real targets in that table - AURA is its own thing - let it be unique (says the pseudo expert who has literally only been using it in detail for a few days - so take any opinions or code suggestions with a grain of salt)
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 16th, 2022 at 23:20.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Rather have it than not - which is why I added it - for sure has its uses in reducing CT effect overhead.

Thanks again for reworking this!

[Post edit] Also the whole point of Auras is they don't care about targeting. I'd not look up real targets in that table - AURA is its own thing - let it be unique (says the pseudo expert who has literally only been using it in detail for a few days - so take any opinions or code suggestions with a grain of salt)
    Please fix the manager_effect_aura.lua: getAurasForNode where I cut pasted without thinking about what it was really doing... fix in bold red...

Code:
    			-- Check if the moved token has auras to apply/remove
    			for _, auraEffect in pairs(getAurasForNode(sourceNode, auraString, otherNode)) do
    				checkAuraApplicationAndAddOrRemove(sourceNode, otherNode, auraEffect, nodeInfo)
    			end
    			-- Check if the moved token is subject to other's auras
    			for _, auraEffect in pairs(getAurasForNode(otherNode, auraString, sourceNode)) do
    				checkAuraApplicationAndAddOrRemove(otherNode, sourceNode, auraEffect, nodeInfo)
    			end
    This should resolve targeting issues when you make the fix - now it should be....

[conditions before AURA];AURA: * *;[conditions after AURA]

[conditions before AURA] = IF applies to CT entry with the AURA effect defined. IFT applies to CT entry with the FROMAURA applied.

[conditions after AURA] = normal FGU conditions as applied in CT entry with the FROMAURA applied

Successfully tested with the following AURA in a complex environment - it only assigned FROMAURA when the mine was NOT destroyed, the target was NOT dying/dead, and the TYPE was a Vehicle. None of the humanoids triggered the mine while the vehicle did. Worked. [I used AURA, BCEG, and Equipped Effects (why there is name in front to match item) extensions]

BOOM; DMGA: 1 fire

Incendiary Mine; IF: !DYING; IFT: !DYING; IFT: TYPE(Vehicle); AURA: 15 foe; IF: FACTION(notself); Incendiary Mine; TDMGADDS: BOOM; IF: !DYING; SAVEA: 14 DEX (H); SAVEDMG: 2d8 fire

The BOOM custom effect was so that my 1 hp mine would trigger and with Death Indicators switch out to crater token.

Also tested as shown in this image below by parking two vehicle ships next to eachother in range of the same cannon AURA - then I just hit end turn constantly until one ship was destroyed. I am one lazy DM

AURAExample.jpg

Very powerful stuff. Let me know when it goes LIVE.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 19th, 2022 at 19:19.

1.18-hotfix.2 is now live

Updated this post with more examples on how the new condition checks can work.

Hotfix 3 works great! Thanks bmos!

So now that this is present, it might make sense to stop checking whether characters are dead or dying.
    Some auras could be only applicable for characters that are dying, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    So now that this is present, it might make sense to stop checking whether characters are dead or dying.
    Some auras could be only applicable for characters that are dying, for example.
    Not sure what you mean - but I have to check for sure in the AURA effect if they or their target is dying for certain things. Can you explain what you mean based on some of what I do? For example:

Mines (static):
    Incendiary Mine; IF: !DYING; IFT: !DYING; AURA: 15 foe; Incendiary Mine; IF: !DYING; SAVEE: 14 DEX (H); SAVEDMG: 2d8 fire

Fragmentation Mine; IF: !DYING; IFT: !DYING; AURA: 15 foe; Fragmentation Mine; IF: !DYING; SAVEE: 14 DEX (H); SAVEDMG: 2d10 kinetic

Gas Mine; IF: !DYING; IFT: !DYING; AURA: 15 foe; Gas Mine; IF: !DYING; SAVEE: 14 CON (H); SAVEDMG: 2d6 poison

Clouds (moving or static):
    Toxic Cloud; IFT: !DYING; AURA: 20 all; Toxic Cloud; IF: FACTION(notself); IF: !DYING; SAVES: 14 CON (H); SAVEDMG: 5d8 poison; Poisoned

Gas Cloud_Gas Cloud (Huge); IFT: !DYING; AURA: 15 all; Gas Cloud; IF: FACTION(notself); IF: !DYING; SAVES: 14 CON (H); SAVEDMG: 2d6 poison; Poisoned; Blinded

Gas Cloud_Gas Cloud (Large); IFT: !DYING; AURA: 10 all; Gas Cloud; IF: FACTION(notself); IF: !DYING; SAVES: 14 CON (H); SAVEDMG: 2d6 poison; Poisoned; Blinded

Incendiary Cloud; IFT: !DYING; AURA: 20 all; Incendiary Cloud; IF: FACTION(notself); IF: !DYING; SAVES: 14 DEX (H); SAVEDMG: 10d8 fire

Bodak NPC from Monsters of the Universe (need two - one for the effect - and one for generating immunity to the effect:
    Aura of Annihilation_Bodak; IFT: TYPE(undead, fiend); AURA: 30 all; Aura of Annihilation_Bodak; IF: FACTION(notself); IMMUNE: CUSTOM(Aura of Annihilation_Bodak)

Aura of Annihilation_Bodak; AURA: 30 all; Aura of Annihilation_Bodak; IF: FACTION(notself); IMMUNE: CUSTOM(Aura of Annihilation_Bodak); DMGO: 5 necrotic

When I have a campaign with Token Height Extension and Aura Effect Extension loaded with no maps up - then when I key in the Wounds field in CT the map for that CT entry pops up. Also does when you add effects to the extension. It's completely weird. Especially if during startup something is coming up and modifies an effect or something in the CT - a blank map for that entry pops up. I'm posting to both of these extensions - suspect some sort of conflict as nothing happens if only one or the other is loaded.

I have about 130 FROMAURA effects, mostly identical, in my custom effects window under Tools. It looks like it makes and saves a custom effect every time someone enters an aura. Is there a way to prevent this?

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGM View Post
    I have about 130 FROMAURA effects, mostly identical, in my custom effects window under Tools. It looks like it makes and saves a custom effect every time someone enters an aura. Is there a way to prevent this?
    Does your chat say its v1.18-hotfix.3?

If not update you have one of the bad versions before the hot fixes.

Thread Information