5E Character Create Playlist
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
    I have to admit - this title showing up every day in new posts... not really relevant to what is being discussed in here. Makes it seem FGU is an unplayable mess 24/7 in the forums! I disagree! Bugs and sorting them out is legit though - wish the title was something else though.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I have to admit - this title showing up every day in new posts... not really relevant to what is being discussed in here. Makes it seem FGU is an unplayable mess 24/7 in the forums! I disagree! Bugs and sorting them out is legit though - wish the title was something else though.
    Yeah. Lock this thread. Its a terrible name and wrong entirely.

I sat in on his game and the title might be a bit of an exaggeration but it crashed twice in a couple hours so for him it is an issue. I think the issue is being caused by a conflict with the sound applications he is running and FGU doing its sounds. I think they are just stepping on each others toes. He moved the sound programs to another PC and has his game tomorrow I believe so if that resolves the issue maybe he will update the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    - Do you use any overlays for FGU (discord overlay for example)?
    This could be one possible culprit actually. I've had the overlay (discord) interact badly with various things including my own FGU.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    - Do you use any overlays for FGU (discord overlay for example)?
    - Are any FGU folders being synced via OneDrive?
    No Discord overlay.
    I use the steam version of FGU, and there is a framerate counter in the top right corner. In that sense there is an overlay as that is part of the Steam overlay.
    The data folder is backed up to dropbox, but dropbox is always shut down completely during sessions.

Moon Wizard
    You might want to check on Task Manager next time you have a freeze-up, and check the memory / CPU / GPU levels for all applications at that point in time. I'm wondering if the memory spikes at some point (whether just FG, or combination of all applications), which causes disk paging which can cause apparent hangs. If the FG memory spikes over 4GB, or the overall memory of all applications spikes over total memory; then you would see some issues.
    Yep, i could check. In my opinion, if it doesn't use excess memory outside of the freeze, it's hard to say if the freeze-up is caused by memory spike or if the memory spike is caused by the freeze-up. I'll have a look at that anyway though.

SilentRuin
    I respectfully disagree. This problem has been ruining 8 sessions of otherwise would-be wonderful gameplay in a new campaign for me and for my 5 players. FGU freezes with no recovery over and over until we give up. The problem has not been resolved. The title is descriptive of the issue at hand. I could have asked the community here for advice on thread naming, but that's not how a forum normally works.

That's just rude and the least helpful post I have seen in this community so far.

-M

I did change the title of the first post earlier, but it did not change the title of the thread though. I don't think the thread title can actually be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by moostik View Post
    I use the steam version of FGU, and there is a framerate counter in the top right corner.
    What framerates do you usually see?

I did change the title of the first post earlier, but it did not change the title of the thread though. I don't think the thread title can actually be changed.
    It can be changed by an admin. If you'd like the title changed, just let me know. Otherwise, we'll leave it as is.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

No Discord overlay.
    I use the steam version of FGU, and there is a framerate counter in the top right corner. In that sense there is an overlay as that is part of the Steam overlay.
    The data folder is backed up to dropbox, but dropbox is always shut down completely during sessions.
    -M
    There isn't actually a Steam version; it's just a shortcut to the .exe file. Everything comes from Smiteworks.

I know the Steam overlay caused considerable problems with FG Classic so it may well be worth shutting that off completely to see if that might be the issue. Backing up to an external cloud source has also been known to cause considerable issues. Again it may be worth disabling the back up completely (I know you said that you close down Dropbox whilst running the game but even having the backup might be an issue if it's trying to back up and can't succeed).

Clearly with the specs you have; the connection you have; the small file sizes; the small campaign size; the usual things which are known to cause lag or FGU becoming unresponsive are not present here. So it does sound like some kind of conflict with something else that's running on your computer. As you said above there aren't a bunch of people reporting this kind of thing so something unique to your set up would seem to be the issue.

It may be worth disabling all of those things and uninstall FGU; then clean boot and resinstall.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    The man has a problem, and whether the title is appropriate or not he still has a problem. Neither of your comments help resolve that problem.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, I am considering removing everything FGU related and reinstall to a different disk, as well as picking a location for the data directory that is not backed up by Dropbox.
    It's not a steam version per se, but having it installed via Steam does enable the Steam overlay.
    The overlay can be disabled.

I see a constant 60 fps framerate. I used to see a bit higher framerates until i started using the /vsync 0 command.

Before I try anything else, I will run a session tonight, this time my discord bot as well as syrinscape and spotify will be running on a different system as to not interfere.¨

I'll return with the results.

Thank you all so far,

-M

Thread Information