5E Character Create Playlist
Page 93 of 104 First ... 43839192939495103 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ZelieDad View Post
    Crusher Feat from TCoE doesn't allow for the selection of which ability score to increase when chosen.
    That's got more to do with the wording of the feat in Tasha rather than the Character Wizard. I'll take a note to have a look at that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The only extension I am using is the Flee Mortals! preview extension.\

Edit: Apologies, I did not realize MCDM's Kingdoms & Warfare included an extension. That is what causing the issue.
    Last edited by jowenconnorton; May 4th, 2022 at 23:13.

The steps appear to be the same for myself (host) and any player in my game. When creating characters through the character wizard, selecting race, class, background, etc. an error occurs and only the ability scores and character name are translated over. This is happening with any and all selections, not just when selecting Bard for example.

Quote Originally Posted by jowenconnorton View Post
    The steps appear to be the same for myself (host) and any player in my game. When creating characters through the character wizard, selecting race, class, background, etc. an error occurs and only the ability scores and character name are translated over. This is happening with any and all selections, not just when selecting Bard for example.
    I will need more information than you are providing me. It's best to provide the error message you are receiving and the steps to recreate it. This way I can see it in action and find where the code is breaking down.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Yeah I did that in my original message:

"Experiencing an error in my game where when players use the character wizard they get this error

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1074: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

and nothing is actually added to their character sheet. Any fix for this?"

I've since found the source of the error. It seems to be coming from the Kingdoms & Warfare extension.

Ah sorry! Thanks for the reply and providing the information.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Adding Character with "+" versus Character Wizard

I apologize if this issue has already been reported. I searched the thread, but it didn't seem clear to me, so I took a couple of screenshots and decided to make a post.

I don't have any mods or extensions just whatever is included with FGU.

I manually added the 5E race Leonin to Fantasy Grounds.
    The racial trait Hunter's Instincts grants a choice of one out of four skills and when I use the "+" option and drag and drop Leonin onto the race line, this trait immediately pops up.

Screenshot 2022-05-05 184253.png

However, when I go through the character wizard, the trait is listed but the choice does not appear.

Screenshot 2022-05-05 184755.png

Welcome to FGU.

The character Wizard won't necessarily handle homebrewed stuff at the moment, only stuff found in official books.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by ChattyKatty View Post
    I apologize if this issue has already been reported. I searched the thread, but it didn't seem clear to me, so I took a couple of screenshots and decided to make a post.

I don't have any mods or extensions just whatever is included with FGU.

I manually added the 5E race Leonin to Fantasy Grounds.
    The racial trait Hunter's Instincts grants a choice of one out of four skills and when I use the "+" option and drag and drop Leonin onto the race line, this trait immediately pops up.

Screenshot 2022-05-05 184253.png

However, when I go through the character wizard, the trait is listed but the choice does not appear.

Screenshot 2022-05-05 184755.png
    If it's an exact copy of the record from the WotC product, it should parse correctly. I'll have a look and see if the base race record works as intended. If not, I'll see why it's not parsing correctly. As Zacchaeus mentions, if the record has been changed and the language is different than what the system looks for it's a tad difficult for the feature currently to translate it properly. Something we are looking to expand in the future.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Can I just say that for the 1st time I suggested to all my players use the lvl up button (Wizard) for going to lvl 11.

Usually we spend an hour with me talking them through the lvl up using the drag and drop old method and using discord screen shares.

This time they lvl’d up themselves with purely a few discussions more on choices than mechanics.

Impressed. It just worked. Many thanks superteddy for all the hard work

Thread Information