Starfinder Playlist
    Can you point me to the rule where vulnerability is only applied to the dice, not the damage modifier? Is this for everything then? If I hit someone with a hammer, it's 1d6 bludgeoning damage and +STR strength damage? That doesn't seem right to me.

On page 241 of the CRB, ability damage is actual damage to your ability scores. I don't understand what this other "ability damage" is that FGU is calculating.
    Last edited by Markimedes; May 26th, 2024 at 05:15.

I took a second look and see that the "Ability" damage type is splitting the damage. It should split on kinetic and energy damage types with a second look. It will be part of the next update to the ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Range doesn't work. Starfinder maps can tell how far away things are, and weapons have a range increment on the stat sheet, yet no penalties are applied no matter how far away the target is. This seems to be a Starfinder-only issue since it works automatically in other systems in FGU.

It does not apply to the other default systems (5E, 4E, 3.5E, PF1), unless it has been added by an extension.

Regards,
    JPG

It was never added into Starfinder as well. There was no mechanism built to handle such things when the ruleset was built and has always been handled manually.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Could you steal the code from Savage Worlds, as that one does in fact have ranged modifiers without any extensions Clipboard012.png

It would require an extension if you would like it handled automatically, as there are no current plans on expanding it at this time.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when a player is holding a torch and walks into an area and then leaves, that area stays "explored". If another player without darkvision or dim-light vision then enters that room, which should be totally dark, he can still see the walls and stuff that the player with the torch explored earlier, and he can even see monsters in that room now.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or I'm doing something wrong. Is the torch somehow turning the dungeon into dim light permanently when they pass through an area? Is there a way to unexplore the area so it because pitch black again when the torch leaves the room?

Next to Torch.PNG

Area already explored by torch.PNG The smaller character has no darkvision but can see creatures in what should be pitch black.

BTW I joined as a player, so you're seeing from their perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Markimedes View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when a player is holding a torch and walks into an area and then leaves, that area stays "explored". If another player without darkvision or dim-light vision then enters that room, which should be totally dark, he can still see the walls and stuff that the player with the torch explored earlier, and he can even see monsters in that room now.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or I'm doing something wrong. Is the torch somehow turning the dungeon into dim light permanently when they pass through an area? Is there a way to unexplore the area so it because pitch black again when the torch leaves the room?

Next to Torch.PNG

Area already explored by torch.PNG The smaller character has no darkvision but can see creatures in what should be pitch black.

BTW I joined as a player, so you're seeing from their perspective.
    So I was able to figure out part of it. For some reason ambient lighting was turned on, which removed his ability to see the Akata, but the room is still show up as "explored". Is this how it's meant to work?
    Attachment 60980
    Last edited by Markimedes; June 2nd, 2024 at 07:50.

This would be a core feature question and report. The Starfinder ruleset doesn't make any changes to this system. As far as I am aware yes, the fog of war doesn't reset once the actor loses light. Explored areas remain explored or another light is still on the actor.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information