Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 14 of 14 First ... 4121314

Proficiency with kits/sets subtype tools can't be replaced in character wizard.

For some reason, proficiency with the tools marked with the kits/sets subtype granted by character backgrounds can't be replaced if you already get them from your class in the character wizard in D&D 5e. I originally thought it was just thieves' tools that had this problem, but it turns out herbalism kit has the same problem.

MOD: moved to 5E Character Wizard thread.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; May 23rd, 2024 at 20:43.

I'm currently working on another project and will need greater bandwidth to look this over. So it may be some time till I am able to look this over.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Cleric incorrect ability proficiency - Basic setup

I posted in the tavern but it was suggested that I should post this here.

I think the ability proficiency for saving throws is not working for clerics. The bonus is applied to Wisdom (as it should) and Intelligence (it should be applied to Charisma).

I am using the following modules:

- 5E SRD Data
    - D&D Basic Rules – Player
    - D&D Starter Set Rulebook (from Dragons of Stormwreck Isle).

as well as the following that I don't think are part of the issue:

- 5E SRD Bestiary
    - 5E SRD Magic Items
    - D&D Basic Rules - DM
    - D&D Dragons of Stormwreck Isle (DoSI)

I have created clerics and imported the DoSI pre-generated cleric. If I look at the character sheet I can see stars to indicate the abilities that have proficiency bonus for saving throws and it shows start next to Intelligence and Wisdom.

I tried to hunt around the modules and rule-sets to see if I could find a table that was causing the issue but I completely failed.

If this is a bug is it likely to be cleared?

Thanks, sPK

I'll take a note to fix the Cleric in Dragons of Stormwreck Isle. That should be Wisdom and Charisma and not Intelligence and Charisma.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You must be in the know. It does indeed appear to be a Dragons of Stormwrech Isle issue. Just tested with just the SRD modules and that is fine. Looking forward to the update.

Thanks, sPK
    Last edited by shyPunK; Today at 08:09. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by shyPunK View Post
    You must be in the know. It does indeed appear to be a Dragons of Stormwrech Isle issue. Just tested with just the SRC modules and that is fine. Looking forward to the update.

Thanks, sPK
    Just to be clear the Dragons of Stormwreck Isle characters will not work with the Character Wizard. You'll need to use drag and drop to level those up. (At least I'm pretty sure they won't work since they aren't like a standard character).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I was able to import the pre-generated characters and having looked this morning (I don't know where I would drag a character from**).

I have also created a character using the character wizard and the cleric has the same problem. See image with list of modules:

clericProfError.jpg

Let me know if you need any more information, sPK

Edit ** Ah, yes drag-and-drop for character leveling up.
    Last edited by shyPunK; Today at 12:00.

Quote Originally Posted by shyPunK View Post
    I was able to import the pre-generated characters and having looked this morning (I don't know where I would drag a character from**).

I have also created a character using the character wizard and the cleric has the same problem. See image with list of modules:

clericProfError.jpg

Let me know if you need any more information, sPK

Edit ** Ah, yes drag-and-drop for character leveling up.
    Ok, so as long as you only use the SRD or the Basic rules then the Cleric will end up with the correct saving throw proficiencies. You should not use both the SRD and the Basic rules together; use either one or the other. The SRD includes all of the races and classes but the Basic rules only has a select few. So I'd probably use the SRD. On the other hand the Basic rules has choices for subraces and has more backgrounds. So take your pick.

In addition to that if you are playing Dragons of Stormwreck Isle then there are pre generated characters for use in that module. To add one of them to your campaign open the DM module and then click on pregenerated characters in the library and click the green + button to add them to your campaign. You cannot use these pregens to create characters and if you have the SRD, Basic rules and Stormwreck open then there is a possibility of selecting the pregenerated character instead of the class from the SRD or Basic rules. Since the pregenerated character has a bug in that it's giving proficiency to Intelligence instead of Charisma that is overriding the SRD or Basic rules, rules. So the issue you are having is that you have too many modules open and are selecting a pregenerated character instead of a class. I think the Character Wizard is getting confused by the Stormwreck pregens since I don't believe they should appear as options in the CW.

As I said above if you are using the pregenerated characters then you don't need to create a character either using the Wizard or drag and drop since they are already there. If you want to create character and not use the pregens then don't have the Stormwreck module open and as noted above use only one of the SRD or Basic rules.

As I also noted above if you are using the pregens then do not use the character wizard to level the pregens up. Use drag and drop (in other words open the character sheet; click on classes in the right hand menu, find the class of the character and drag the link icon for that class and drop it into the class area of the character sheet). See this wiki article on how to create characters using drag and drop https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...haracter+Sheet

All this is explained in more detail in the players module in the reference page Introduction > Using this module in Fantasy Grounds.

In summary there's not an issue with the CW as far as I can see apart from it's picking up pregens from the Stormwreck module.

Thread Information