5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 12 of 14 First ... 21011121314 Last
    A fix for this is ready for the next update for the ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

The criminal background doesn't let you pick a different tool proficiency if you already have proficiency with thieves' tools.

Moderator:
    Moved to CW bug reports
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; February 7th, 2024 at 14:34.

I think this is correct. The Criminal background allows for proficiency in one type of gaming set and Thieves Tools. It doesn't go on to say if you are already proficient in thieves tools select another proficiency. Therefore I think it's thieves tools or nothing. So if you know you are going to select the criminal background I'd suggest not taking thieves tools as a proficiency elsewhere else.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by tslewis123 View Post
    The criminal background doesn't let you pick a different tool proficiency if you already have proficiency with thieves' tools.

Moderator:
    Moved to CW bug reports
    Thank you for the report, I'll look into it.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think this is correct. The Criminal background allows for proficiency in one type of gaming set and Thieves Tools. It doesn't go on to say if you are already proficient in thieves tools select another proficiency. Therefore I think it's thieves tools or nothing. So if you know you are going to select the criminal background I'd suggest not taking thieves tools as a proficiency elsewhere else.
    Aren't you supposed to be able to pick a different tool proficiency if you get it from another source, like if your background gives you a tool proficiency that your class already gives you?

Aren't you supposed to be able to pick a different tool proficiency if you get it from another source, like if your background gives you a tool proficiency that your class already gives you?
    I don't know if there is a rule to that effect or not; I allow such things but have always considered it a house rule. But there may be one that allows it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It actually is a rule. According to the personality and background section of the Player's Handbook, "If a character would gain the same proficiency from two different sources, he or she can choose a different proficiency of the same kind (skill or tool) instead."

It actually is a rule. According to the personality and background section of the Player's Handbook, "If a character would gain the same proficiency from two different sources, he or she can choose a different proficiency of the same kind (skill or tool) instead."
    I agreed and mentioned I will have a look at the code to make sure it's functioning as it was intended to do. Thieve's Tools has been a problem child as of late due to it being an odd duck in the grand scheme of things within the character creation process. I will take a look at it and see if the system will honor the initial intention. The other skills and proficiencies function as such and this should follow suit.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

When creating a character with the Planar Philosopher background (from Planescape), the Character Wizard makes you select three skills: Arcana, plus two more.
    This is wrong: the text of the Planar Philosopher says:
    Skill proficiencies: Arcana, the skill associated with your faction, or one skill of your choice.
    That's an OR, not an AND. The background should allow only to have Arcana and a second skill. The "or one skill of your choice" is meant to be used by characters who do not subscribe to one established Sigil faction but belong to a minor philosophy or a sect outside of Sigil.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 000225.png

Xanathar's guide weirdness

Good day

Game: DND 5e
    Adventure: Sleeping Dragon's Wake
    Addons: Clear Dead, Friend Zone

During the last level up. the two players who had assets from Xanathar's Guide kept getting an error when trying to level up. All of the other players had no issue. I checked and we all had Xanathar's installed and loaded, I made everyone unload and reload the book and rebooted the program. Still no ability to level up. Both PCs are multiclassed if that makes a difference.

The error we are getting is:
    Unable to import. Unable to open class record(s) not loaded.
    'Warlock' - (DD Xanathar's Guide to Everything Players)

I just tried to create a new character using the character creator using Xanathar's hexblade subclass and it created a character no issue during creation and during level up.

Please advise.

Thread Information