FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 19 of 33 First ... 9171819202129 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by spencerg View Post
    Love this extension. I have one request, could you clean up the u.i. abit. I can do it myself by hacking the file but prefer not too in case of updates. Could you make it so the container is collapsible, like all the other powers/spells, and perhaps make the buttons smaller and all the same size to give it an even look ... (i set them to 75 i think).
    Id love to see the u.i. cleaned up and the ability to hide/collapse the group when not using.
    Ok I'm going to look into making the buttons less bulky and taking up less space - but won't be doing the collapsible container as the whole point of this extensions is to remind players/DM's the things they always forget are actions they can use. Hiding them would defeat the purpose.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Ok I'm going to look into making the buttons less bulky and taking up less space - but won't be doing the collapsible container as the whole point of this extensions is to remind players/DM's the things they always forget are actions they can use. Hiding them would defeat the purpose.
    I agree the whole point is to see the things they can do.
    Do you think you can add a "Ready" action button? Because players can do this and I would like the effect to be placed in the CT showing they are taking the with the effect dropping off at the start of their turn (Or on any action)

This helps DM's and players to see they are taking the ready action.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I agree the whole point is to see the things they can do.
    Do you think you can add a "Ready" action button? Because players can do this and I would like the effect to be placed in the CT showing they are taking the with the effect dropping off at the start of their turn (Or on any action)

This helps DM's and players to see they are taking the ready action.
    Ready is just a note in chat as its too complex to really perform reliably any other way IMHO. This is a case where its either too simple (my current version) or way to complex (causes headaches and more trouble than its worth). To do it right you'd have to have the ability to select an action and store that as text in effect that gets put into their CT which dissapears at end of round. As that can get into even notes of what they plan on triggering it also - not something I'm willing to support. In my games they just tell me the ready action and I let them trigger it when they wish - verbally. As its just one round its not a big deal.

Ready is just a note in chat as its too complex to really perform reliably any other way IMHO. This is a case where its either too simple (my current version) or way to complex (causes headaches and more trouble than its worth). To do it right you'd have to have the ability to select an action and store that as text in effect that gets put into their CT which dissapears at end of round. As that can get into even notes of what they plan on triggering it also - not something I'm willing to support. In my games they just tell me the ready action and I let them trigger it when they wish - verbally. As its just one round its not a big deal.
    I don't think there needs to be a longer note than just "Readying an Action" or "Ready" as this will put a note on them saying they are doing it. I've often times seen that things happen and ready actions were missed as the DM or player forgot. I think putting in longer notes would really mess things up, but a simple note that Ready action is an option and that they choose to take it would be highly effective for people to see and the DM to see it's on a player.
    I understand if you don't want to do it, however, I figured I would ask since you did say why this GA was down at the bottom already was to help remind people the actions they can take which READY is one of an important and often overlooked action people can take.

I don't think there needs to be a longer note than just "Readying an Action" or "Ready" as this will put a note on them saying they are doing it. I've often times seen that things happen and ready actions were missed as the DM or player forgot. I think putting in longer notes would really mess things up, but a simple note that Ready action is an option and that they choose to take it would be highly effective for people to see and the DM to see it's on a player.
    I understand if you don't want to do it, however, I figured I would ask since you did say why this GA was down at the bottom already was to help remind people the actions they can take which READY is one of an important and often overlooked action people can take.
    Its reminded in the chat. For me, the whole pain/maintenance/keeping it clean with a CT effect is simply to cumbersome and not worth the effort and headache.

V1.25 - UI - reordered and sized the buttons to keep same text size but save on real estate in the default sheet size.

New look... shown with Sir Motte's theme...

(had to redeliver for a quick fix because hide was missing - no version change)

GenericActions.jpg
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 20th, 2022 at 22:08.

Its reminded in the chat. For me, the whole pain/maintenance/keeping it clean with a CT effect is simply to cumbersome and not worth the effort and headache.
    Figured I would ask, I will keep editing the GA to add this effect for my players when they click it. Coding isn't hard just causes me to have to update it each new version that comes out.
    Personally, I find it almost useless for it be in chat as chat scrolls by and used mostly for insta information or information you want to look at if you knew about it and scrolled back to. Whereas the CT is information of what is on going. Effects that are currently in place. I would never look in chat to see who had one effect on them, or what someone was doing currently, or the status of an effect. I would only use chat as a way to see what has happened, or figure out what happened, but never a status update or current status.

Chat to me is used for insta information, or a history of what has happened. I also do not find it "maintenance" or "pain" to have a player do nothing more or less than they were already doing and getting more out of it. I only find it a benefit to the player or DM. The automation is the of most of these exts is to help not do so much. Having to try to remember someone's current stats of ready or not means more on the player/DM.

I can see for you as an ext maker how it would be more of a headache upfront, however, this coding is super simple so I didn't think it would be an issue at all.

Note had to make a redelivery with no version change to fix hide having been overwritten by another button. Image of new UI also updated in original post.

In DMsG - will be in Forge when grim press gets around to it.

Figured I would ask, I will keep editing the GA to add this effect for my players when they click it. Coding isn't hard just causes me to have to update it each new version that comes out.
    Personally, I find it almost useless for it be in chat as chat scrolls by and used mostly for insta information or information you want to look at if you knew about it and scrolled back to. Whereas the CT is information of what is on going. Effects that are currently in place. I would never look in chat to see who had one effect on them, or what someone was doing currently, or the status of an effect. I would only use chat as a way to see what has happened, or figure out what happened, but never a status update or current status.

Chat to me is used for insta information, or a history of what has happened. I also do not find it "maintenance" or "pain" to have a player do nothing more or less than they were already doing and getting more out of it. I only find it a benefit to the player or DM. The automation is the of most of these exts is to help not do so much. Having to try to remember someone's current stats of ready or not means more on the player/DM.

I can see for you as an ext maker how it would be more of a headache upfront, however, this coding is super simple so I didn't think it would be an issue at all.
    It's not a matter of ease of coding for me. Its that I have enough spam in my effects without adding more. But if you've coded it yourself - that's great - your happy in your game management - and I'm happy in mine

It's not a matter of ease of coding for me. Its that I have enough spam in my effects without adding more. But if you've coded it yourself - that's great - your happy in your game management - and I'm happy in mine
    I understand, however, you did say it was a matter of ease just not only ease of coding, you said other things, which I stated why. I do think that ease of coding is a matter for you as I've seen you state this before. I think in the current one it's not a matter as it is easy. So are you saying that ease of coding is not a factor at all when considering adding something to an ext? Because I've seen this stated by you before and this seems to be a conflict of statements.

None the less, I do think you are unlikely to add this as you are happy with the current stats and see no need for it in your ext or games. So I get why you wouldn't want to code it easy or not. I just think some of your statements here are wrong, which is why I wanted to clear that up.

Thread Information