FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 27 of 48 First ... 17252627282937 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mordkhaan View Post
    Quick Clarification question as after reading the whole forum, watching the video and having done some experimenting, am still not 100% certain I have this correct.
    1 - Parcel when dropped on Map becomes Public, shows the P on right in Parcels gui and players can all remove and add items to it as well as seeing it in their Parcels gui
    2 - Deletion of Parcel on Map then removes the Public flag and players can no longer see the parcel in their Parcels gui
    3 - Right Click on Parcel in Parcels gui and choose share, returns the Public flag, making it visible to players again for removing and adding things to the parcel
    4 - Manually remove the Public flag again and then drag the parcel over a players portrait sharing the parcel with them, now shows S to the right in Parcels gui. They are able to remove items from the parcel but ARE NOT able to place items in it.
    Thinking of the example made of Individual Bags of Holding, these would need to be public for players to be able to place items inside them, and hence they could interact with other player's bags by accessing via the Parcel's gui?
    1) Correct
    2) Typically you would delete the Parcel itself if you were done with it and it would automatically delete the map. But I sometimes save a parcel for a surprise (no surprise if they can see a token) and have the image of the parcel stamped in map then when the time is right I drag the parcel token matching image over that and drop it over the image so it is now clickable. Of course I don't trust that people won't spy in their parcels button for public parcels that are not locked so if I want them secret I also unshare them. When they get placed in map they will go public again. Then depending on the unlock button status the players can grab it or not. Most people don't bother with what I just described but I'm "fancy" like that
    3) You can do that - or you could drag it over their portrait to make it only accessible by one player but really the code does all the sharing management for you so you can completely ignore it if you want. Really how "fancy" you want to get. Most times I'm dead lazy. Create locked parcel and drop it on map and forget about it till party encounters it.
    4) Yep you can do that - really your call. I'd go with lazy if you don't really want to manage it and leave all sharing up to the code and just manage the unlock button and selection of a token to place in the map.

Yep bags of holding would be a drag over portrait type of deal if you were picky but your call on how secure you want it to be. I tend to name a bag of holding uniquely in case there is more than one. But really - your free to do what you wish.

And I'm working on a stupid bug for the NPC dropping of weapons/armor etc. that I just found dealing with those new changes with sType - missed one - which basically results in a blank line appearing in the NPC offense combat tracker line instead of showing what you just added. Found it while having equipped effects try to equip/unequip items in NPC main page with that code and realized it no longer was working properly (called this extensions function). So expect an update some time tonight or tomorrow on that depending how late I want to work on it. Pretty late for me now already.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V1.25 - Bug - Dropping item into NPC was not properly updating the combat tracker offense attack lines. Was broken during the sType code changes in FGU rulesets where I missed updating one - result was a blank attack line. Also made it so that you do not have to unlock the record to drop an item into it and added "reference_equipment" which was missing as a valid drop item (module data). Keep in mind if you remove armor you'll also have to update the armor field which got updated if it was dropped in by this code.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    1) Correct
    2) Typically you would delete the Parcel itself if you were done with it and it would automatically delete the map. But I sometimes save a parcel for a surprise (no surprise if they can see a token) and have the image of the parcel stamped in map then when the time is right I drag the parcel token matching image over that and drop it over the image so it is now clickable. Of course I don't trust that people won't spy in their parcels button for public parcels that are not locked so if I want them secret I also unshare them. When they get placed in map they will go public again. Then depending on the unlock button status the players can grab it or not. Most people don't bother with what I just described but I'm "fancy" like that
    3) You can do that - or you could drag it over their portrait to make it only accessible by one player but really the code does all the sharing management for you so you can completely ignore it if you want. Really how "fancy" you want to get. Most times I'm dead lazy. Create locked parcel and drop it on map and forget about it till party encounters it.
    4) Yep you can do that - really your call. I'd go with lazy if you don't really want to manage it and leave all sharing up to the code and just manage the unlock button and selection of a token to place in the map.

Yep bags of holding would be a drag over portrait type of deal if you were picky but your call on how secure you want it to be. I tend to name a bag of holding uniquely in case there is more than one. But really - your free to do what you wish.

And I'm working on a stupid bug for the NPC dropping of weapons/armor etc. that I just found dealing with those new changes with sType - missed one - which basically results in a blank line appearing in the NPC offense combat tracker line instead of showing what you just added. Found it while having equipped effects try to equip/unequip items in NPC main page with that code and realized it no longer was working properly (called this extensions function). So expect an update some time tonight or tomorrow on that depending how late I want to work on it. Pretty late for me now already.
    Right, thanks for the prompt response
    Main thing was making sure that the drag over portrait thing would only allow players to grab from parcel not add back to it as I saw, and not that I had screwed something up!

Right, thanks for the prompt response
    Main thing was making sure that the drag over portrait thing would only allow players to grab from parcel not add back to it as I saw, and not that I had screwed something up!
    Yeah have a thread on basic FGU behavior to share any DB node by dragging it onto the portrait. While I do my own sharing in the code - I do not stop you from doing your own through normal FGU behaviors (though some may be "enhanced" in my extensions as I've overriden parts of it). So basic FGU sharing should still behave as normal to a user.

Yeah have a thread on basic FGU behavior to share any DB node by dragging it onto the portrait. While I do my own sharing in the code - I do not stop you from doing your own through normal FGU behaviors (though some may be "enhanced" in my extensions as I've overriden parts of it). So basic FGU sharing should still behave as normal to a user.
    So just another check then, will your sharing code provide a "take out and put in" version of the Bag of Holding?
    That does not require the parcel to be Public

So just another check then, will your sharing code provide a "take out and put in" version of the Bag of Holding?
    That does not require the parcel to be Public
    It does nothing with that as it does not require a token which is where all the sharing logic is when you put it in map. Any sharing for a non tokenized parcel that is not in the map is on you.

It does nothing with that as it does not require a token which is where all the sharing logic is when you put it in map. Any sharing for a non tokenized parcel that is not in the map is on you.
    Thanks again, good to know!

Is there a setting so a PC does not ever drop a parcel? I see in Options there is an option that affects both PC and NPC. Maybe that could be separate? One for PC and one for NPC. Last game two players died and dumped their goods and was a pain putting everything back when they were revived.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Is there a setting so a PC does not ever drop a parcel? I see in Options there is an option that affects both PC and NPC. Maybe that could be separate? One for PC and one for NPC. Last game two players died and dumped their goods and was a pain putting everything back when they were revived.
    How can you consider dragging the parcel link back into the inventory of the dead player painful? That’s literally less trouble than doing almost anything. And if you followed my directions on making the [MP] LOOT a delete on transfer there is nothing even left to cleanup. I do this all the time and it takes 2 seconds to do the whole transfer - and I’m slow.

How can you consider dragging the parcel link back into the inventory of the dead player painful? That’s literally less trouble than doing almost anything. And if you followed my directions on making the [MP] LOOT a delete on transfer there is nothing even left to cleanup. I do this all the time and it takes 2 seconds to do the whole transfer - and I’m slow.
    Because there are other settings, effects, and other character sheet adjustments that I have to do besides just copying the loot parcel back to the character sheet. So, its a pain in the A$$. Anyway, I assume its not something you will change so I will see if I can tinker with the code myself.

Thread Information