DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 13 First ... 23456 ... Last
    P.S. since extensions are usually small, it's worth keeping previous versions in a depreciated folder or something. I do that by hand right now.

It would be useful if the automated tool did it too - so if something breaks you can go back to the previous version fairly trivially. The tool can automate it - keep the last "N" versions of the file, renaming to "filename_version_minus_1" or whatever. I've never actually had to roll back to a previous version, but it's pretty painless for an automated tool to facilitate it should it be necessary.

Cheers, Hywel

Well in the interest of full disclosure - I've received the following message from DMsG:

Wizards of the Coast has clarified for us the kinds of Fantasy Grounds files it approves for DMsGuild. The file type itself is not a concern, but the function of the extension could potentially be in breach of the community content guidelines.

We now have the following guidelines:

If the extension combines content supplemental to a product specifically designed for use with Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition rules and/or uses Wizards of the Coast IP that is licensed for use on DMsGuild, then it is approved to stay on our platform.

If an extension is a general update or alteration to the Fantasy Grounds platform itself, then it will be removed from sale on Dungeon Masters Guild.

With the above in mind, unfortunately, we have found that the following titles of yours must be removed from DMsGuild.

Combat Groups Extension (Fantasy Grounds Unity)
    Generic Actions Extension (Fantasy Grounds Unity)
    Equipped Effects Extension (Fantasy Grounds Unity)
    Map Parcel Extension (Fantasy Grounds Unity)

Ideally, we can help transition these files over to a new location on our DriveThruRPG sister site. We have sent a list of all titles removed from DMsGuild directly to Fantasy Grounds for their consideration; assuming they approve, we can then move your product over to DriveThruRPG and reactivate it for sale there.

They will be in contact with you should they decide to allow your product.
    I'm pretty sure SW has answered the DTRPG question here - but I suppose I will get a reverification soon.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    We just received the note from DMsGuild today with a list of all the extensions that would be affected. It affects 8 community content creators and 36 extensions.

I asked when they needed to be removed and asked if it was possible to delay the removal until the start of the new year at the earliest. I got a quick response back that they were already deactivated from sale but were still available to customers who purchased them. They were going to investigate whether or not they could be turned back on to allow for sales until a later date.

We (SmiteWorks) are working on building out a new system that allows these to be housed and sold. This is the FG Forge. Steven is still working on building this. He has made good progress but is not ready for it yet to be deployed. If we decide to do something different, such as allowing these to be sold on DTRPG, then we will contact those developers directly to discuss their options. Any new extensions would need to wait until the FG Forge is up and running before they could be sold. Distribution of free extensions on the forums is still allowed.
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; December 18th, 2020 at 23:12.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We just received the note from DMsGuild today with a list of all the extensions that would be affected. It affects 8 community content creators and 36 extensions.

I asked when they needed to be removed and asked if it was possible to delay the removal until the start of the new year at the earliest. I got a quick response back that they were already deactivated from sale but were still available to customers who purchased them. They were going to investigate whether or not they could be turned back on to allow for sales until a later date.

We (SmiteWorks) is working on building out a new system that allows these to be housed and sold. This is the FG Forge. Steven is still working on building this. He has made good progress but is not ready for it yet to be deployed. If we decide to do something different, such as allowing these to be sold on DTRPG, then we will contact those developers directly to discuss their options. Any new extensions would need to wait until the FG Forge is up and running before they could be sold. Distribution of free extensions on the forums is still allowed.
    Thanks for quick reply. Will wait to see where the stuff can go and when - as I do this as a hobby and not to make a living - I'm probably not effected as much as the others. Just the messenger - don't shoot me

Thanks for the info. I was one of them that had most of mine pulled. only 3 of mine are still remaining and I truly do not understand their logic for what got pulled and what was allowed to stay.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was one of them that had most of mine pulled. only 3 of mine are still remaining and I truly do not understand their logic for what got pulled and what was allowed to stay.
    I had one of mine left - but I'm asking now if that was an oversight or it really was valid. Personally I want them to all go to the same place - whereever that may be - as a group. I only plan on existing at one spot - preferably SW site. But it's not clear on what stopgap will be in place till then - if any - as it depends on multiple parties. Also, glad to hear it was not just me Not that I'm happy it happened to you

Yeah, it happened to all of us that published with Team Twohy. It just took a little bit I guess for them to review. I would expect more rounds of cuts. the 3 they left of mine dont make much sense, but I am not about to start questioning. Like the rest of us, its just a waiting game until a viable alternative comes along.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Guess I need to update everything but polymorphism to "The sales for this product in DMsG may soon be deactivated per this post - will let you know when that happens and when it finds a new home. "
    And I verified with Jack at DMsG that for whatever reason, Polymorphism is still allowed in DMsG. So its still up.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 18th, 2020 at 23:29.

As I understand it, if it is connected to D&D (i.e. a spell like polymorph) they can justify it. However, if they feel it is not related to D&D, they may have to remove it. It's possible, I think, that a case could be argued on some of the extensions they want to remove. If it really is connected to D&D 5e, it should be allowed to stay. One possible solution is to rework some of the extensions and modules so that they ARE compliant in their relation to D&D, even if they have options that allow it to be used outside of D&D. Am I making sense? Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    As I understand it, if it is connected to D&D (i.e. a spell like polymorph) they can justify it. However, if they feel it is not related to D&D, they may have to remove it. It's possible, I think, that a case could be argued on some of the extensions they want to remove. If it really is connected to D&D 5e, it should be allowed to stay. One possible solution is to rework some of the extensions and modules so that they ARE compliant in their relation to D&D, even if they have options that allow it to be used outside of D&D. Am I making sense? Not sure.
    It's highly subjective and basically it's there call. I can see why combat groups, equipped effects, and map parcel are considered more code support for FGU than purely 5E - but have asked why generic actions was included in that list (as its purely buttons in support of specific PHB 5E page numbers - actions).

Gist is - I'm sure you can try and trick your way into making these extensions look more tied to 5E (even though all mine were written to support my own games and I only play 5E), but its a game I'm not willing to play.

Equipped Effects and Map Parcel both support more rulesets than 5E and combat groups could support more than 5E with a few specific .xml additions for the other rulesets - which someday I might want to do. So those are for sure fair game to axe.

Thread Information