How do I add players

I have Fantasy Grounds (GM version)

I have created a campaign.

How do I add players?

Do they need to download FG?

How do I invite them to my game?

Thanks
    Luke

Note, there are 2 license types for Fantasy Grounds: Ultimate and Standard. If you have Ultimate, players can connect using any install (Free/Standard/Ultimate). If you have Standard, players will need to have the Standard/Ultimate version to connect.

Players will need to install FG from the Downloads link above; then after they launch the program, they select Join Campaign, then type your GM name ("the dirty fecker") into the Join By Name field, and click Start. If your server is running, then they will attempt to connect at that time.

Wiki article here:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...to+Join+a+Game

Regards,
    JPG

Basically, I just got Ultimate license (full one time price not monthly as I planned and have used it for years) and buy all the modules, extensions, etc. I want to use with it.

All my players do is get demo version for free - and play for free. As Moon said though, you can go the cheaper route with standard license but then your players have to pay and get one also.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Note, there are 2 license types for Fantasy Grounds: Ultimate and Standard. If you have Ultimate, players can connect using any install (Free/Standard/Ultimate). If you have Standard, players will need to have the Standard/Ultimate version to connect.

Players will need to install FG from the Downloads link above; then after they launch the program, they select Join Campaign, then type your GM name ("the dirty fecker") into the Join By Name field, and click Start. If your server is running, then they will attempt to connect at that time.

Wiki article here:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...to+Join+a+Game

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks!

I bought FG about 10-15 years ago. At the time I bought the version that others could play for free. Unless anything has changed that should still be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by the dirty fecker View Post
    Thanks!

I bought FG about 10-15 years ago. At the time I bought the version that others could play for free. Unless anything has changed that should still be the case?
    Yes, if you have the Ultimate license then players only need the demo to join your game.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

OK so I bought FG a long time ago. I presume this means I had classic?

Now, the thing is I had a friend try to join my game, but he could not find me on the server.

I had a look at the website pricing structure. This says if you buy standard it is about $40 and if you by ultimate it is $140.

I am pretty sure that when I paid for FG it was about $40 or maybe $60 at the time. At that time I could definitely invite players in.

Now, I am starting to wonder do I have the standard version which now means that since classic no longer works that with Unity, demo-players no longer work?

Was it the case that standard used to allow demo-players join games and now it doesn't?

I know I would not have paid $140 to run FG. It was about 15 years ago I think when I bought FG.

If you bought FG from this website, you can find out what you bought by clicking the "Store" drop down menu at the top of the page and then selecting "Order History". IE I have a bunch of old FG classic lite licenses and a standard license for FG classic, plus my FGU license.

With FG classic, in the beginning, there wasn't an ultimate license. You use to be able to get a Standard license and then have players with lite licenses connect to you.

Fantasy Grounds Classic Standard

Quote Originally Posted by the dirty fecker View Post
    Fantasy Grounds Classic Standard
    You'll only be able to have players with Classic join your games if you only have a Classic license. Since you have a Standard license only one player with a free license can join. If you want more than that then they'll also need a Standard license (and I don't think you can buy a license for Classic any more). Unity is a different program altogether and there was up until a year or two ago an upgrade path from Classic to Unity. However that is no longer the case.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information