FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

March Beta Release in Test

Are you going to clue us in what changed and what to use instead or are we just going to have to guess?

Superficially bringing it up and doing nothing else (I'm sure there is more) the extensions are claiming all sorts of things have changed. Yet have no clue what replaces them.

[2/13/2024 12:42:30 PM] [WARNING] windowclass: Window class (power_stats) defined with merge attribute, but asset name does not match existing asset. [EquippedEffects] [campaign/record_power.xml]

[2/13/2024 12:43:00 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (image_toolbar_button_fixed) in class (imagewindow_toolbar)
    [2/13/2024 12:43:00 PM] [WARNING] window: Unable to locate control (toolbar_targeting) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (toolbar_targeting_lite) in windowclass (imagewindow_toolbar)
    [2/13/2024 12:43:00 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (image_toolbar_button_fixed) in class (imagewindow_toolbar)
    [2/13/2024 12:43:00 PM] s'toolbar_30 - DEPRECATED - 2024-03-05'
    [2/13/2024 12:43:00 PM] s'toolbar_button - DEPRECATED - 2024-03-05'
    [2/13/2024 12:43:00 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CombatGroups:..ipts/imagewindow_toolbar.lua"]:29: attempt to call global 'getImage' (a nil value)
    [2/13/2024 12:43:00 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (toolbar_targeting_lite) anchoring to an undefined control (toolbar_anchor) in windowclass (imagewindow_toolbar)
    [2/13/2024 12:43:00 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (toolbar_targeting_lite) anchoring to an undefined control (toolbar_anchor) in windowclass (imagewindow_toolbar)
    [2/13/2024 12:43:01 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (toolbar_targeting_lite) anchoring to an undefined control (toolbar_anchor) in windowclass (imagewindow_toolbar)
    [2/13/2024 12:43:01 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (toolbar_targeting_lite) anchoring to an undefined control (toolbar_anchor) in windowclass (imagewindow_toolbar)

I'm actually afraid to do anything else with this as this was just bringing up the application - not actually doing anything. I'm in an information vacuum here. I would think as FGU states it supports extensions that when underlying architecture changes there number one item list is telling us what functions no longer exits and what replaces them for our functionality.

Not bothering to include warnings from extensions that are not mine.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Maybe I missed it? Are you seeing something I don't (always possible)?

I see them saying what "changed" but not what people who used those things should be calling now. Looking at any of the warnings/errors I posted I can look them up and see they were "changed or removed" but not what I should do about them having gone away - as I use them. What do I use now?

Again - may have missed it in the way this was written but I'm not seeing someplace saying - "you used this now you have to use this"

Plus I'm pure 5E (and CoreRPG I suppose) and not really seeing those specifically mentioned.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 13th, 2024 at 19:15.

Actually looking close that doc it does not even reference the things my warnings etc. are referencing.

power_stats (complaining about missing asset - what do I do now?)
    image_toolbar_button_fixed (no longer there - what do I do now?)
    toolbar_targeting (no longer there - what do I do now?)
    getImage (now a nil value - moved? Can't believe this is gone)

And so on. Not one of these is even mentioned.

If you're interfacing with the image toolbar, that was completely rewritten. You'll have to take a look at the "imagewindow_toolbar" window class and related templates to re-add your buttons.
    (This would encompass image_toolbar_button_fixed/toolbar_targeting/getImage errors. Take a look at ImageManager for toolbar button registration examples; then adding the button type is fairly straightforward based on examples in imagewindow_toolbar.)

For the power, the window class was moved to provide consistency and templatization. I'll add to the notes. I tried to document everything changed, but I missed this one.
    ("power_stats" -> "power_main")

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; February 13th, 2024 at 20:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you're interfacing with the image toolbar, that was completely rewritten. You'll have to take a look at the "imagewindow_toolbar" window class and related templates to re-add your buttons.
    (This would encompass image_toolbar_button_fixed/toolbar_targeting/getImage errors.)

For the power, the window class was moved to provide consistency and templatization. I'll add to the notes. I tried to document everything changed, but I missed this one.
    ("power_stats" -> "power_main")

Regards,
    JPG
    Thank you. This is what should always be provided with TEST - directions and clues on what was removed and what to look at to replace it with. Otherwise, we are stuck wasting a lot of time trial and error guessing.

I haven't checked yet, because I didn't load test, just looking at the youtube video... The reference manual populates the "story" entries? Awesome, but also Implemented poorly? In story the pages are listed Alphabetically so A B C 1 2 3... but in Reference manual's you can have them listed in any "text" words, but by order via up / down arrows. So you could have Start, Body, Append. When moved to Story it would look like Append, Body, Start. Which could be confusing and also look like "poor" programing to outsiders. The story entry should be ordered as the reference manual, maybe with some hidden marker or something we use to have to name things 1.0.0 Start, 2.0.0 Body , 3.0.0 Append to get the order we wanted in story. I'd hate to do all that work in Reference manual's just for people to click on story and see it all messed up then complain about a product I converted.

Quote Originally Posted by Camberme View Post
    I haven't checked yet, because I didn't load test, just looking at the youtube video... The reference manual populates the "story" entries? Awesome, but also Implemented poorly? In story the pages are listed Alphabetically so A B C 1 2 3... but in Reference manual's you can have them listed in any "text" words, but by order via up / down arrows. So you could have Start, Body, Append. When moved to Story it would look like Append, Body, Start. Which could be confusing and also look like "poor" programing to outsiders. The story entry should be ordered as the reference manual, maybe with some hidden marker or something we use to have to name things 1.0.0 Start, 2.0.0 Body , 3.0.0 Append to get the order we wanted in story. I'd hate to do all that work in Reference manual's just for people to click on story and see it all messed up then complain about a product I converted.
    I think that having the Reference Manual inside Story too, to make it easier for new users to find stuff, is the point. The numbering of Stories for ordering is terrible and needs to be done away with

But making the Reference Manual link appear at the top of Modules instead of in alphabetical order would also help new users (and old) find the Reference Manual which is a major component (and almost the most time consuming for "developers" to convert from PDF to FG) more prominent. The easiest way to make the reference manual appear at the top is to name it "<_referencemanualpage>" in the xml, then it will always appear at the top during Export. (I saw this is how Mike Serfass extension for SWADE does it, credit to Mike).

Code:
    <library>
    <_referencemanualpage>
    <librarylink type="windowreference">
    <class>reference_manual</class>
    etc...

Wow - record_npc.xml has been completely redone so tabs are all renamed and different. Was not even expecting that given what I've read. This is going to be a nightmare of an update.

I wonder how many other easter eggs are in here waiting to kill my extensions?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Wow - record_npc.xml has been completely redone so tabs are all renamed and different. Was not even expecting that given what I've read. This is going to be a nightmare of an update.

I wonder how many other easter eggs are in here waiting to kill my extensions?
    Extensions = RISK
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information