STAR TREK 2d20

Adding to the random species table

I see the table for random species selection during lifepath character creation is locked down. From what I have read elsewhere the lock means that the developers, Modiphius in this case, do not allow for the table to be unlocked.

Here is my question then. How would I go about making a random species table that could be the default table when using the character creation tool instead of the permanently locked table from the core rulebook?

I've added a number of species from the books to FG, and as I recall, they get added in to the randomizer... I'll have to double check tonight if that's true, but they're certainly all present in the creator. If they don't show up there, you could also make a table in FG with your species, roll on it, and then manually select the one you get.

The entire ruleset is "vaulted," which means that its data is stored in such a way that customers can't get access to it. It's based on CoreRPG though, so certain things work in a similar way. It's possible that with enough educated guesswork you could add your manually added species to the table in an extension... you'd probably be better off asking devs (here or at Modiphius) how that specific function works, so that you could try your hand at an extension.

Adding species so they show up in the creator is easy enough for sure. Creating a random table and then manually rolling then selecting in the creator, annoying but also easy enough.

I'm wondering if there is a way to create a new table for the randomizer in the creator. I know the original is vaulted so cannot even rename it and then name a new table the same as the old. But still wondering if there is a way to point that automation towards another table. Would be useful in rulesets other then STA as well for those that are "vaulted". Thanks by the way, vaulted was the word I was looking for and for the life of me could not remember.

You could just roll the table outside of the creator and just select it based on the result that the table output. I don't believe I set up a way to do a custom table roll. I would need to check over the code.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hovering over the button says "Will roll on CharWizard Random Species list per era selected." So depending on how vaulted the ruleset it, you may be able to work with that nomenclature to do something.

The title of the table is 'Random D20 %s Species Table", where %s is replaced with the era. The issue is it will try and locate that table. So you could create a new one with that title. I just can't guarantee it will roll on the table you want if two are in loaded into the ruleset. It does a search for the table record and uses the first one it finds with that title. I would have to expand the code to do a search for another title to supersede the one it looks for as a custom option. It's just going to take some time for me to tackle it.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

The next update should contain help in this area. Moving forward it will use the campaign table instead of the module table if you want a custom one. The best solution is to copy the table to your campaign and adjust it to your liking. If the name of the table entry matches the species record name, it will randomly select that species.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Fantastic! Thank you very much. It sounds like FGU will see a table with the same name as the one that came with the ruleset.

Thread Information