DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

VtM V5 character sheet layout: disciplines + powers on the Main tab or not

When I logged into Fantasy Grounds Unity a couple of weeks back, I was pleasantly surprised to see the updated character sheet layout with attributes, skills, disciplines, powers, and custom rolls all on the first page "Main" tab. This makes it much easier to select a discipline + attribute to make a roll.

However, with the most recent update, looks like we're back to the older character sheet layout with disciplines, powers, and custom rolls on the "Actions" tab.

Both layout styles have their benefits. The first one was perhaps too crowded or lengthy for some users. But I'd really appreciate as Storyteller a configuration option to switch between the two, or if this could be individually configured by each player that's fine too. Am I missing something? Is there already a way to change to the Vampire the Masquerade V5 character sheet layout that I mentioned first?

Thank you!

PS: I also liked the dots style ●●● rather than check marks, but again I can see that some might prefer check marks.
    Last edited by chinnery; October 20th, 2023 at 10:53.

Both styles wont' be available. The current layout is what we will be using moving forward. I'm not sure what you mean by check marks as neither the base theme or the werewolf theme have check marks. They should be dots. Can you show me where you are seeing dots?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thanks for the response.

Here's a snapshot of an example character sheet showing the check marks. I made sure that Fantasy Grounds Unity was up-to-date before taking the snapshot.

example.jpg
    Last edited by chinnery; October 21st, 2023 at 04:54.

I'm not seeing an image, you might need to click on advanced and upload as an attachment.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

For some reason, I had problems directly including the image in my post. But if you click on "example.jpg" in my second post above, you will see it. Thank you.

That appears to be a different theme. I'm thinking it's the FG Light theme. That won't use the dots and use the base check marks. The base theme and the Werewolf theme (will be available with the Werewolf module purchase) will look very differently.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thank you very much for identifying the issue. Yes, I am using the FG light theme.

The only themes that I currently have available are the FG themes (dark, light, classic, dungeon, leather, etc.). It is a bit surprising that the World of Darkness (5E) ruleset doesn't have a theme with dots, only check boxes, or am I missing a good theme to get instead that has the dots?

I use the default one for VtMv5 and HtRv5, the "WOD - Werewolf" one for WtAv5. The dots are there.

If you don't select a theme, every ruleset has it's own base theme. Plus, there is the "Theme: WOD - Werewolf" currently available, as @Naurthoron mentioned. There will be a couple additional WOD specific themes available soon.

Regards,
    JPG

Attached is what I get with the V5 Vampire the Masquerade ruleset loaded and no FG theme.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information