STAR TREK 2d20

creating new and custom origins

picked up winter of atom. created synth and protectron origins in FGU. unfortunately, none of the players creating new characters can see the new origins when they click the button during character creation. i see them. what am i doing wrong?

It is recommended in creating a development campaign to setup modules to share with your players. If they are created in the campaign you are playing in, you will need to share those records with the players.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    It is recommended in creating a development campaign to setup modules to share with your players. If they are created in the campaign you are playing in, you will need to share those records with the players.
    you are going to have to dummy that down for me. i got no idea what you mean.

danke

Certainly,

If you create a new origin in the a campaign, it is not available to your players till you share the record with them. To make it available for them, you right click on the entry and and choose the Share Record option (9 o'clock position) and then the players should be able to see the new origin. If you want the origin available without needing to share it, it would be best to create a new campaign and create the origin(s) and other records you wish to share. Then export those records into a module and making it into a player module. When your players pop into the session, they can load the module and it will show those records within the module. Two ways same result.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

ok. did not know i could share origins. that is the easy way.

i still am not catching on with the 2nd method. how do i export them in to a module? i did not know i could do that either.

If you want to set up content for your campaigns that you can share as a module (or just consolidate as a single module); you can create a data module by creating a separate module development campaign containing all the data records you want to share (or consolidate), and then export those records to a data module to be used in any of your other campaigns. If you want a module for players to access (i.e. player options), then you would use the "Player Module?" option in the export screen.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
    ok. did not know i could share origins. that is the easy way.

i still am not catching on with the 2nd method. how do i export them in to a module? i did not know i could do that either.
    The video covers exporting a campaign to a module: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9f_XBY3ncU

Thread Information