STAR TREK 2d20

GM Action Point Pool

is the a way to hide the GM action point pool from the players? i really do not like having them know how many i have. danke.

No, there is no way to hide the GM Action Pool. I don't remember seeing anywhere in the rules that the pool should be kept secret. If you can show me where in the rules it allows it, I will add it to my list of expansions for the ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

since when is it ok to see the GM's assets?

i do not yet own the 426pg rule book.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    No, there is no way to hide the GM Action Pool. I don't remember seeing anywhere in the rules that the pool should be kept secret. If you can show me where in the rules it allows it, I will add it to my list of expansions for the ruleset.
    so i talked with one the players, who has the hard copy of the rules. yes, there is no mention of hiding the GM AP pool, but there is also no mention of making it visable either. it is assumed that the GM, during paper and pencil play, that they keep that info hidden behind the GM screen. so how about putting in the campaign options window, and option to hide GM AP points?

the players in our game all agree, they should not be able to see the GM's AP pool.

peace.

Ok, will consider it the next time the ruleset gets an expansion.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    ok, will consider it the next time the ruleset gets an expansion.

danke.

for now, going to keep it at 0 in FGU and keep track the old fashion way. P&P.

I’d prefer both options of hiding it or not. Personally, I don’t mind them seeing how many AP is in the GM Pool as I know some players will take that into account (which I support).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuson View Post
    I’d prefer both options of hiding it or not. Personally, I don’t mind them seeing how many AP is in the GM Pool as I know some players will take that into account (which I support).
    It's actually intended that the GM Action Point Pool is in the open, but GM's can hide it if they wish.

From Nathan on the Modiphius Staff: "The intention is that the GM’s AP pool (like the Threat pool in other 2d20 System games) is visible to the players, but GMs are welcome to play it hidden if they wish. Personally, I find that the visible presence of it helps provide an extra rise and fall of tension as the pool grows and shrinks (though letting it get too big can put the players on the defensive)."

It's on my list of things to look over when I circle back to the 2d20 systems. If I enable it for one, it will be available in the others.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by Urqy View Post
    It's actually intended that the GM Action Point Pool is in the open, but GM's can hide it if they wish.

From Nathan on the Modiphius Staff: "The intention is that the GM’s AP pool (like the Threat pool in other 2d20 System games) is visible to the players, but GMs are welcome to play it hidden if they wish. Personally, I find that the visible presence of it helps provide an extra rise and fall of tension as the pool grows and shrinks (though letting it get too big can put the players on the defensive)."
    as a GM, i generally keep my AP pool low. i use other methods, such as Aggressive, to give myself APs, or even give NPCs their own AP pool. THIS is mainly why i want my GM AP pool invisible.

Thread Information