FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Official World of Darkness Bug Report Thread

Use this thread to post any ruleset specific issues to track and get resolved. When reporting, please provide steps in reproducing the issue and any images if possible.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I posted one in another thread, and have no idea how to move it here The problem i describe seems to be with preexisting SPC's from a previous campaign.

I looked it over, you can copy the contents into a reference manual builder page and then use the magic wand tool to convert the text and then copy and paste it back into the background.

You may get some errors related to the link tags. It looks like it copied the text over with the XML tags.
    Last edited by superteddy57; September 19th, 2023 at 00:05.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Apologies, the control was changed to allow parsing out dice rolls within the trait. The text can be copied but links won't be able to be used in the description of the trait. You would be better to set up in the notes tab the link.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

So.. over time I made a very nice module with a lot of old stuff I converted to 5E and some custom stuff that I use. Most of that is old / custom disciplines. Made very nice reference manual too.

Loading that in after the update has presented with some significant loss of data. (No extensions of any kind was used here!) Luckily I am keeping an old, unconverted copy lying around for now.

Data entries for Ceremonies, Powers, and Rituals simply aren't there. All the descriptions are just ... gone. Ceremonies I can understand, since those were just Rituals in the old ruleset. This is a MAJOR issue! There is a lot of work missing here.

Advantages: They are not completely gone. As in .. the Advantages window is not empty. It is just filled with a lot of empty << New Advantage >> entries. So that is also completely no good.

Ironically the Flaws.. works... flawlessly?? No complaints here! It seems like the above lacks something in the code that Flaws have. I dunno.. Just thought this fact might help run down the problem.

Something else I noticed, which may or may not help tracking down the missing data bug. In every category where data has converted correctly (Disciplines, Flaws... etc) The campaign remember the Group I have saved them under. Everything has been given a Group. Those groups are missing, where data has not been converted correctly.

Every link in my Reference Manual to missing data doesn't work. But I suspect that's because the data missing.

Some minor stuff:

How are you supposed to add Institutions / Cults to Charactersheets? If that is possible, the method is extremely obscure to me. There doesn't seem to be a place for it. Am I blind?

Also: Everywhere you can change a record by typing something into a text field (Haven in Locations, Institutions in Organization, Weapons in Items and so on...), can we please please have a dropdown menu with all the options? What If you didn't know that cults were integrated. I feel like that there is very likely integration that I don't know about. This needs to happen!

Regarding custom rolls: Great! I love it! Sorely needed! But... can we have a rolls section on the sidebar, like skills and all the other good stuff. It would be fantastic if it was possible to create rolls you would drag/drop on to character sheets so you don't have to make them from scratch every single time. It would just put that feature over the top!

Regarding Disciplines on the character sheet: Having Disciplines and Power separated feels kind of disjointed to me. Having powers displayed under their corresponding discipline would make for a much clearer overview of those things, since they are connected in groups. This is just my opinion. It works fine. Just... could be better.

Regarding Skill specializations: How is that integrated? Do you simply add +1 in the modifier window?

Editing Charactersheets: Having a single unlock button at the top is very nice. Previous Storyteller rulesets have had issues with dots appearing by accident, so that is good you thougth of that. It's just a very very small button. Might I suggest adding a lock / unlock function to the right-click radial menu? Having both ways of doing it, would be so very lovely, pretty please.

Gotta say though that the ruleset runs really fast. Responsiveness might not be the biggest issue, but so nice. I am loving many of the new features. Equipment that have actual stats. Custom rolls. Have I mentioned that I love institutions are implemented???? All good stuff. All appreciated!!!
    Last edited by viresanimi; September 19th, 2023 at 11:50.

I'll look into the descriptions. Are these from campaign data or from a module you created and you are loading them up?

As for the Institutions / Cults, they are organization records located under the Campaign category in the sidebar. You just need to type Institution or Cult into the 'Type" line and it will display the fields. Skill specializations are able to be added to the character by expanding the 'I' icon next to the skill and typing your speciality. When you wish to add your speciality, you can hold shift before you click on the skill roll. The skill name should turn bold to indicate it has a specialty.

I will take your other feedback and consider them.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

@viresanimi Can you provide a copy of the campaign you are seeing this? I need some further information to see where the conversion is failing and how best to fix the code?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

The Enemy Flaw is being incorrectly categorized as an Advantage.

When attempting to create a Custom Loresheet, a new Advantage is created, instead.

Additionally, I know it's likely outside the scope of FGU, but it would be nice to have a way to build Relationship Maps on your character sheet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enemies is made as a background and that was placed under Advantages. This was to cut down on the number of sidebar records. You can locate it there. Thanks for the report on Loresheet, I need to tweak it to add the Loresheet type when using the custom option.

Relationship Maps are not something that can be easily made as a feature. After speaking about it during testing, we settled on using a black image and using an image record to track relationship maps.
    Last edited by superteddy57; September 19th, 2023 at 18:43.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Going through the Ruleset I have a request and a couple questions.

The request would be to make all backgrounds the same color as the chat box--really, if I had my dream, it would be to revert to the original V5 color scheme all way round.
    The first question would be involving Backgrounds. It seems that the "+" to add a Background points to an empty box (1st pic). The other "+" seem to work fine. Also, drag'n'drop seems to work for everything except Backgrounds.
    The second question (2nd pic) is about the Loresheets. It seems the font is off, and doesn't display the same way the other fonts do. Not sure if that was intentional.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information