FG Spreadshirt Swag

Changes from the Mongoose Traveller 2E ruleset to Traveller Core Rulebook Update 2022

When I browse the Fantasy Grounds store, I see the 2E rulebook for sale. When I go to the Mongoose store, I see that they're now listing a 2022 update to the core rulebook.

I have the 2022 update as a (legal) PDF file. (Thank you Humble Bundle.)

How much changed between the 2E rulebook available here and the 2022 update that I already have? Can I personally update the 2E rulebook files if I want to run Traveller here on Fantasy Grounds? Or do I have to wait until someone gets around to updating and releasing the 2022 updated version?

If only the artwork changed, I'm OK with that. But if there were actual rules changes, that'll be a bit more work. I would prefer not running significantly different older rules if I know the new rules are coming out in the relatively near future.

-----------

Looking at the Mongoose store, I see a lot of items there that are not available for Fantasy Grounds. Just how difficult is it to learn how to convert one of the Mongoose books to become available on the Fantasy Grounds store? Are there instructions (or videos) somewhere teaching this? And other than their name appearing on the store page, does the person making the conversion get anything out of it?

There are updates and if you have purchased it here on on the store they have said that once the updates are completed by the person doing the conversions that we will get that update automatically without needing to purchase an updated Core Book.

That being said there is a delay as the person who was primarily doing the updates (Madbeardman) is currently not available to do the updates.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Blog Entries
    I will bring this up with Madbeardman. As for the extent of changes, I'm unsure and will leave that to others to chime in on. Many times, the publisher will also have an errata or change list available that will show what has changed from one printing to another. Perhaps there is something available on Mongoose's site for this.

There is such a document, if you check here, https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pages/downloads-htm, you can download a PDF with the updates.

Blog Entries
    Thanks johnecc

Any updates on this issue? I had a player complain about the lack of an update to 2022 rules in our session last night.

No information for the original developer, so I will add this to my list to investigate and update what I can. I am not the original developer, but will be providing maintenance to the ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information