STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Might be how you set the trigger up. It is case sensitive for sure. I have triggers for melee attack hit miss, range attack hit miss, slain messages, new round, cast fireball and lightning to name a new so far.

Maybe show a screenshot of trigger and output of chat.

Oh, more than likely that I just set it up incorrectly from a limited understanding of how sound sets function. Sort of a non-issue, at least while sounds can't be played concurrently, but I'll attach a mock of what I did while testing, just without any sound linked. I also don't understand how to designate a sound as a music, mood, or sfx, but that may be a topic better suited to a different thread.evidence of doof.png

So you can toggle trigger to chat and then setup your pattern matching. I believe that type:trigger only work in 5e.

I play OSE and 2E and I don't use syrinscape so I can't be certain. I use chat triggers for all of my sounds

Quote Originally Posted by KnightMark View Post
    Oh, more than likely that I just set it up incorrectly from a limited understanding of how sound sets function. Sort of a non-issue, at least while sounds can't be played concurrently, but I'll attach a mock of what I did while testing, just without any sound linked. I also don't understand how to designate a sound as a music, mood, or sfx, but that may be a topic better suited to a different thread.evidence of doof.png
    I definitely get random triggers not work - then they work then they don't - so don't count on it being the trigger definition. Something odd is for sure going on with VLC extension (I assume scrinscape does not see the double requests going out on every trigger).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I apologize; I am usually better about providing full and complete information. That was from a campaign using the 5e ruleset. A few other feature extensions added, but nothing else other than VLC support for sound.
    A side note: sounds seem to be looping even without the loop button being depressed? Because when the sfx sound did trigger, it just looped over and over until stopped. Though that seems a separate issue. Again, 5e ruleset, just updated before testing, a few other feature extensions loaded.

There is a loop button in the VLC controls next to volume. Perhaps it got pressed or current setting is set to loop. Can you try to hit that once? When I get home I'll show you an image of a chat trigger in FG.

The whole thing is strange. What would happen is I'd have the music playing, the chat trigger would go off, and it would start looping the sfx. Unless I am misunderstanding what set to loop looks like versus not set to loop, this appeared to be the case even when not set to loop. I understand that part of this is VLC not playing more than one sound. Could be that the sfx are copying the settings from the music, which I probably would want to loop.

Yeah because the loop is set. Just like it does not reset volume everytime you play a sound it does not reset the loop setting. It stays at last setting. I use kenku to loop the background and play the sfx on VLC only.

Guys, have you tried the search bar of the "FGU Sound - VLC Support extension"?
    It is working in the File and in the Syrinscape sections but not in VLC.
    I tried to reach Tarkonian about this, with no success.
    Can somebody try this search bar just to see if the problem is just on my side?
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    Guys, have you tried the search bar of the "FGU Sound - VLC Support extension"?
    It is working in the File and in the Syrinscape sections but not in VLC.
    I tried to reach Tarkonian about this, with no success.
    Can somebody try this search bar just to see if the problem is just on my side?
    thanks.
    Has not worked for me with VLC.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information