5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Lighting/Visibility issues

If a player logs in - and the hosts set their map token to invisible so they can sneak around - they can no longer even select their token to move. This was with a PC but I assume it is the same problem for NPC or other types of tokens that a player owns and should have control over (does when visible). This is a new bug as it used to work. The included campaign (or really any) can be used to duplicate this by logging in a player having host set his token with right mouse to always invisible - then they won't be able to select token - set it back to visible and they can. Again I assume this is a problem now for any owned token of a player.

Lighting can be turned on then off in the effects and any creature the effect showed when the light was on will remain visible when the light is off (most times). It gets even weirder when a light effect is set on host as it will not show as effect in client - nor will a LIGHT effect set by player client show in the host. Super weird stuff. Can also be done if you play with this simple campaign test.

Included for both of these is simple 5E campaign with one map and 2 characters in CT.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

If the token was selected before you make it invisible then the player can still see the token, and can move it with the keyboard but not by dragging it. But if you remove focus on it then it disappears. I'm not sure if it's intended behaviour or not. I've always assumed that option was only for NPCs.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If the token was selected before you make it invisible then the player can still see the token, and can move it with the keyboard but not by dragging it. But if you remove focus on it then it disappears. I'm not sure if it's intended behaviour or not. I've always assumed that option was only for NPCs.
    Before if you owned the token - regardless of what type of token it was or the visibility state it was in - you had the ability to drag it (as that is standard way to move things and I've never actually tried movement with a keyboard only a mouse).

Plus losing functionality like that would really suck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Before if you owned the token - regardless of what type of token it was or the visibility state it was in - you had the ability to drag it (as that is standard way to move things and I've never actually tried movement with a keyboard only a mouse).

Plus losing functionality like that would really suck.
    Owned tokens should always be visible to the owner. I'll take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Thanks - I'm having tons of ownership issues right now with logged in PC CT entries not getting ownership - at least when logged in locally. However, this came about from a player (not local) in my game last night not being able to move so pretty sure either something has gone seriously wrong with PC CT entry logins not getting addholder assigned or - don't know what. But I'm being driven nuts by this in my own extension and so mentioning it in case that can you help you figure this. I have one campaign where my local PC CT login has a holder of SilentRuin and my client side of my extension works - and a lot of campaigns where the logged in PC CT client has no addholder (public) and of course is not considered DB.isOwner and when trying to set it DB data without checking that you get a failure - as you should.

I had a player login and for sure the PC CT holder is not being assigned even when not the local login. But he did test this again and it turns out he can move the token (select it) if he clicks on the itty bitty effect icon on it or the thin health bar when invisible. And when visible he can click on anything in the token.

Any chance I'll see this fix before Monday? I don't relish telling my invisible guys they have to pick the health bar to get their token selected in my game that evening. It's downright tiny - but not as tiny as the other thing they can select I guess - the widgets for effects on the token.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Any chance I'll see this fix before Monday? I don't relish telling my invisible guys they have to pick the health bar to get their token selected in my game that evening. It's downright tiny - but not as tiny as the other thing they can select I guess - the widgets for effects on the token.
    New builds are usually pushed on Tuesdays.

New builds are usually pushed on Tuesdays.
    Only when they are not considered critical by SW Well I should be fine I suppose - the SW5E ship combat they are entering tomorrow has them all carried on the ship and invisible. But since end turn still selects the CT entry map token whose turn it is on in client (at least in my extension filled game - forget if that is FGU thing or mine) they should still be able to target. Only the pilot of the ship will need to move and he can select the health bar still to drag it around for now. I'll just be sure to inform them before the game.

Just curious, why are you setting tokens to always invisible at the lowest level? Why wouldn't tokens set to "invisible" be considered as non-visible, non-selectable by players? How can a GM hide player tokens completely without being able to set to invisible?

I'm thinking maybe the issue is that you are using the "always invisible" setting to mimic "invisibility"; which was not the intent of the "always invisible" flag for a token. It sounds more like the display is somewhat inconsistent at the moment (which should be tokens/widgets are all on/off and selectable or not, which is definitely an issue).

I would want to discuss with @pindercarl about the ramifications of any changes, as well as what the feature was originally designed for (i.e. hide tokens with always invisible token states from all player clients, period).

While I appreciate any thoughts you have on your particular usage needs; I'd also like you step back and think about overall long-term needs for potentially making player tokens actually "invisible" to all players, including the token "owner".

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information