Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Custom Sub-race linking not working in v4.3.4 (5e Ruleset)

I'm not sure what is happening at the moment, but I think custom Sub-race linking got broken for the Character Wizard in this update; the 2 methods I know are not working (Creating the Sub-race and linking it to the Main race within the Sub-race's "Other Tab"; or just making the Sub-race in the Race's "Other Tab").

What's weird is that the Player's Handbook races are fine. Unless it's just some change to the wording that's needed.
    Also I swear I'm not crazy, the races I had done were working before on older versions in the New Character Wizard.
    If I could get some insight into this it would be great!

Edit: Dragging the Race into the Character sheet works just fine, so it's just the Character Wizard that's doing something funky

Edit 2.0: I should clarify, Sub-race selection in the Character Wizard seems to have stopped working for Custom Races. Player's Handbook seems fine.

Edit 3: After an update, Sub-race selection in the Character Wizard is working now.
    Last edited by Lupandwich; March 2nd, 2023 at 21:35. Reason: Update

Welcome to the forums.

Subraces now have their on window. Click on the subrace button at the top of the race windows and create a new subrace. Link it to the main race by entering the associated race in the box. See video thirty six here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you, but I should have clarified.
    The method in video thirty six was the first method I tried using.

The drag-and-drop method for adding a race with sub-races to a character sheet works perfectly fine as I said in the edit (Unless you was in the middle of writing the reply when I edited, then sorry)

What I was meaning was that Sub-race selection in the Character Wizard has stopped working with Custom Races, I've been running tests in clean sessions using the method in video thirty six and it's not working with the Character Wizard.
    While this is my first time really posting anything, I was wondering if this is happening to other people since the update went live.

Are these subraces for custom classes or added to existing races? Can you provide some screenshots to illustrate the issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ran the tests again. Yes this is happening custom races and it is very weird with what I found

The first image here shows the test on a completely clean session (No modules loaded)
    Ratman is the test Base for the race
    Green Rats is a sub-race using the method in video thirty six
    Super Ratman is a sub-race also using the method in video thirty six
    Labrat is using the old way of adding a sub-race

None of the Sub-races are available for selection in the Character Wizard (If they were they would show with a "+" on the right side of the Class selection like in the second image when I added the PHB)
    Ratman Test.PNG
    Ratman Test 2.PNG

However; What is extremely weird. I was able to add an Elf Rat sub-race for elves... I have no clue what is happening at this point
    Ratman Test 3.PNG

But to answer your question, Yes this problem is happening to completely new races. I'm just really confused now on why, when the same method works just fine on existing races.

So is the race of Ratman not showing up? Your screenshot doesn't show the rest of the races only the first page. So is the issue that the race isn't showing up at all (the subraces won't show up if the races isn't there for selection).

Thanks for the report. It looks like I caused this when attempting to fix the DMG Aasimar issue. I'll look into this and see if I can find a solution.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Sorry that I was able to replay in a timely manner (Time zones and I was asleep).

The First Image doesn't show any other races because I didn't load the Player's Handbook because I wanted a clean test environment. The new Character Wizard has a red cross on the right side of a race, if they have Sub-races to select in the Character Wizard. It's a drop down.

The second Image was meant to show what Sub-race selection was meant to be in the Character Wizard. I loaded the Player's Handbook for this screen snip.

But it's working now after updating.

Sorry for any confusion.
    Last edited by Lupandwich; March 2nd, 2023 at 21:47.

I'm assuming the update that I woke up to was the fix.

Sub-races selection is working now, thank you for the speedy fix.

Yes, apologies, I meant to respond and let you know that a hotfix was pushed.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information