FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 18 of 20 First ... 81617181920 Last
    You unfortunately can't know specifically. The publisher decides if a ruleset is vaulted and the code not available to the public.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Trainings not allowing minor disciplines properly

When selecting a training (in the ruleset, command, operations, and sciences track), each one gives an option of two disciplines to have as your 'major', which is increased by two. This works properly. However, the rules as written say that after picking that major, you increase any other two disciplines by one—the ruleset doesn't allow you to choose the other major discipline choice as one of the minors.

So if you choose command track in the character creator, and select command as the 'major' discipline, you can't select conn as a minor. This occurs regardless of whether a discipline is at the limit for this step of 4 or not.

The ruleset is currently in lockdown and may be some time till you see the update. The next update will remove the gate keeping on trainings. The ruleset won't hinder selection moving forward when a new update is pushed. So it will be up to the player to ensure they follow the not exceeding 4 at that stage. This will ensure those selections are available.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Career events are allowing any discipline to be chosen, even though most of them have a specific discipline named in the description, and chosen in the details.

MOD: Merged your previous post with the Bug Report thread. As I mentioned in my previous post a fix will be made available when the ruleset is no longer on lockdown.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

The "blade" item has the "heavy blade" item's examples; it should have "(Sword, Mek’leth, etc)".

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    MOD: Merged your previous post with the Bug Report thread. As I mentioned in my previous post a fix will be made available when the ruleset is no longer on lockdown.
    Ok, sorry, I thought the Trainings issue was a significant enough bug to warrant its own thread. Should ALL bug reports go here?

Additionally, I don't know what "on lockdown" means. Should we not report bugs until it ends?

Yes, it's what we recommend all developers to monitor. So other developers for modules will be looking this thread for issues. Lockdown means that no updates will be pushed till the current Beta is released LIVE. So all those updates will be pushed to the TEST server or held till the rulesets are released from Lockdown status.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Torpedoes appear to be adding the ships security *and scale* to their damage dice. For torpedoes, it should only be the torpedo type's base damage + the ship's security. Pages 254-255 of the core book are where that appears.

(There also isn't a way to manually change anything about that.)

Well you could use the misc box to adjust. I however thought the system in place was a bit of a headache and decided to expand the entry line with editor window details instead. So creating a weapon is done there now. The ruleset however is in lockdown and a push LIVE will be done once this current BETA goes live. When it is pushed to the TEST server, you may test it out there if you would like.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Script execution error in STA

I am not sure if this is the correct place to report this but I hit the following error in STA as the GM. No custom content.

[11/30/2023 8:47:39 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..rek Adventures 2d20:..ts/manager_char.lua"]:1337: bad argument #1 to 'concat' (table expected, got nil)

This happens when rolling damage from the combat tab with in any character sheet. Some players were encountering the some issue. For same a relaunching FG seemed to fix the issue but for others it did not.

Any thoughts on what could be causing the issue and how to fix it?

Thread Information