DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 20 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    I'm not able to replicate with the steps you provided. Did you do anything else to have that error be produced?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Have noticed that when using the character builder in Star Trek Adventures when you select "Isolated Colony" instead of giving the options for Engineering, Science and Medicine (as stated in the text), it instead gives the options for Command, Engineering and Science. I posted an image of the error in the Fantasy Grounds Academy, see link below.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...5751/image.png

Quote Originally Posted by Morik View Post
    Attachment 57765

Ship-to-ship combat:I get the above error when clicking on the Crew die of the enemy ship (Romulan Warbird).
    Been out for Father's Day stuff. Let me see if I can replicate this.

This seems to happen for every ship I try it on.

I bring up a random ship and scroll down to Crew. When I click on the die (by the little crew icon), it gives me the above error.

I have Core and Alpha Quadrant loaded. These are stock ships, nothing I've created myself. It seems to happen for every ship I pull up. Is that die not supposed to be used? I thought it was for Crew actions that weren't covered by anything else on the sheet.

Pushed a hotfix for the issue reported.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Fixed! tyvm.

Off to work on my Conan game for tomorrow.

Btw, this probably isn't a bug, but I usually log in another instance (via localhost) to play certain NPCs (they have mostly full character sheets). However, after the most recent patch (not hotfix) I can no longer do this. When I try to join, it either tries to connect forever, or I get the license key conflict. Did something change?

Possible bug: Unable to edit ship stats - depts, power, crws, shields, etc.

I did a quick search of the thread and didn't see anything, so hopefully I'm not repeating something that's already been reported.

When attempting to create a ship entry by right clicking on the party sheet and creating item, I find that several of the fields are locked and cannot be changed. I am able to hit the edit button and adjust Systems, but nothing happens when I hit the up or down button for departments. I suspect this might be a display bug, because I can create a new ship entry and if I click up/down on the Departments BEFORE applying a Ship Profile I still won't see the values change, but when I apply the profile suddenly the values reflect any changes I made.

For example, I create a new ship and start with a 0 in engineering. If I apply 'Crisis and Emergency Response' the Engineering value should change to 1. I can click up/down and the value never changes away from one, however if I create a new ship and have a 0 for Engineering, click up 6 times on it, then apply Crisis and Emergency Response, the value for Engineering with be 7.

I did just discover that you can however hold CTRL and scroll the mouse wheel while hovering over these fields to alter their values. This works for the mechanics, but you see a little +whatever number you changed it to vs the base being altered. Obviously the up/down buttons not working is an issue, but the +3 bubble isn't perfect. In my case I was attempting to build a ship using the Utopia Planitia rules which are not in FG just yet - the Depts and shield values were incorrect because it was using the old values, but when I attempted to correct them the only way I can get the right value is to make it look boosted.

Beyond the Department buttons, Power, Crew Support, Shields, and Resistance cannot be set - only given a bonus like the Departments. Same issue I mentioned above, the Utopia Planitia rules indicate my ship should have 12 shields, but when I built it with the rules currently in FG it only had 10 and the only way to increase them adds the little +2 bonus box. It works, but isn't optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Terawatt View Post
    I did a quick search of the thread and didn't see anything, so hopefully I'm not repeating something that's already been reported.

When attempting to create a ship entry by right clicking on the party sheet and creating item, I find that several of the fields are locked and cannot be changed. I am able to hit the edit button and adjust Systems, but nothing happens when I hit the up or down button for departments. I suspect this might be a display bug, because I can create a new ship entry and if I click up/down on the Departments BEFORE applying a Ship Profile I still won't see the values change, but when I apply the profile suddenly the values reflect any changes I made.

For example, I create a new ship and start with a 0 in engineering. If I apply 'Crisis and Emergency Response' the Engineering value should change to 1. I can click up/down and the value never changes away from one, however if I create a new ship and have a 0 for Engineering, click up 6 times on it, then apply Crisis and Emergency Response, the value for Engineering with be 7.

I did just discover that you can however hold CTRL and scroll the mouse wheel while hovering over these fields to alter their values. This works for the mechanics, but you see a little +whatever number you changed it to vs the base being altered. Obviously the up/down buttons not working is an issue, but the +3 bubble isn't perfect. In my case I was attempting to build a ship using the Utopia Planitia rules which are not in FG just yet - the Depts and shield values were incorrect because it was using the old values, but when I attempted to correct them the only way I can get the right value is to make it look boosted.

Beyond the Department buttons, Power, Crew Support, Shields, and Resistance cannot be set - only given a bonus like the Departments. Same issue I mentioned above, the Utopia Planitia rules indicate my ship should have 12 shields, but when I built it with the rules currently in FG it only had 10 and the only way to increase them adds the little +2 bonus box. It works, but isn't optimal.
    I'm noticing this too, I think. I thought maybe there were some in-game rules I was breaking and simply didn't know. I can create an NPC ship from the Ships tab, but when I do it from the party sheet, it's... wonky. I can change some things, but not others. Most of my problems seem to come after selecting the Class. Does the Class lock the Departments into certain ranges?

As an example: I couldn't create the USS Lexington. After choosing the Constellation class, I couldn't get Conn to go down to one. Two was the minimum. Is that a bug? I'm still learning about ships and the associated rules. The Lexington has a Conn of 1 in its description.

Pushed a hotfix and should be available if you run the updater.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information