FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Second Edition?

Second Edition?

Second Edition was announced recently. Are there plans to make an FG version of that ruleset?

A very good question and if yes, how will you integrate the current material and is this why we have a rather limited choice of ressources for the current edition in Fantasy Grounds?

Second Edition has not been discussed. In the mean time you can start a feature request for the ruleset. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As for the limited choices, the community developers that convert the modules into FG are working on modules. They are not employees and get them done as fast as they can. If you are interested in producing modules and making some money as well, you can reach out to [email protected] for more information and to ask questions about the process.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thanks for quick response! Agreed for the request for the ruleset in the community features.

However, for the second part, I have been told the exact same answer for the past six months at least so its very disappointing to see no new meaningful products for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Voxpopuli View Post
    Thanks for quick response! Agreed for the request for the ruleset in the community features.

However, for the second part, I have been told the exact same answer for the past six months at least so its very disappointing to see no new meaningful products for that long.
    I am working on a few Star Trek products, they are huge books to convert. When I win the lottery and don't have to go to work I will do this full time. What are the winning numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I am working on a few Star Trek products, they are huge books to convert. When I win the lottery and don't have to go to work I will do this full time. What are the winning numbers?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Yes thank you and I don’t want to diminish or criticize the great work your doing @Jiminimonka and others. In my opinion, I’m still questioning the business model adopted by Fantasy Grounds, as a paid customer, on a major IP like Star Trek having no permanent staff working on it and apparently relying somewhat on the community to do the work.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I will combine that with 7 of 9...

and it should be 10 out of 10!

Quote Originally Posted by Voxpopuli View Post
    In my opinion, I’m still questioning the business model adopted by Fantasy Grounds, as a paid customer, on a major IP like Star Trek having no permanent staff working on it and apparently relying somewhat on the community to do the work.
    The business model is the way it is because for the vast majority of FG DLC if you look at the "hourly rate" return for producing DLC it doesn't reach that of the salary of a permanent staff member. Star Trek is not one of the highest selling products on FG, so it makes sense to keep with the usual model of using community developers - who do the FG conversions more for love of the products and wanting to see them converted to Fantasy Grounds, with some recompense for that work. As @Jiminimonka eluded to - he'd have to win the lottery to be able to do these conversions full time.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Business model

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The business model is the way it is because for the vast majority of FG DLC if you look at the "hourly rate" return for producing DLC it doesn't reach that of the salary of a permanent staff member. Star Trek is not one of the highest selling products on FG, so it makes sense to keep with the usual model of using community developers - who do the FG conversions more for love of the products and wanting to see them converted to Fantasy Grounds, with some recompense for that work. As @Jiminimonka eluded to - he'd have to win the lottery to be able to do these conversions full time.
    I believe if there was more product this game would sell better so its the proverbial chicken & the egg situation.

Thread Information