FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 19 of 25 First ... 91718192021 ... Last
    We don’t currently provide any organization options within our system; as logins are tied to our forums system which drives everything by individual users. It may be something we would look at in the future; but the most common option I would think would be to set up an organization user account that is managed by the organization. (Along with attendant responsibility to keep account login information limited to need to know and allowed to publish people)

Regards,
    JPG

So a FES forum registration? We can do that.

Showtime fellow extensioners on DMsG... the time is UPON US!!!!

From OneBookShelf(DMsG)....

Hello,
    We reached out to you a while ago to let you know that specific titles of yours that are extensions for Fantasy Grounds would no longer be hosted on DMsGuild.
    SmiteWorks has launched their Fantasy Grounds Forge platform, and we are working with them to allow those titles to be moved there.
    In approximately one week, at the beginning of August, those products will be deactivated from sale on DMsGuild. Any customer who has previously purchased your product will still be able to access it through their Library on our site; SmiteWorks and we agree that the easiest solution for customers to continue to receive updates for those products would be for creators to continue to update their files on DMsGuild.
    If you have not already done so, you can go to https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/ and register an account to upload your titles.
    Note that only the Fantasy Grounds-related titles we reached out about previously are allowed to be moved to Fantasy Grounds Forge. All other titles published on DMsGuild should remain exclusively on DMsGuild.
    Please let me know if you have any questions!
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I just got one of those.
    "Hello,
    You are receiving this email because you have purchased one or more titles that will soon be deactivated from sale on DMsGuild and moved to Fantasy Grounds Forge. This is simply a notification email: There is no action you need to take.
    Going forward, the file creators will still be able to update these products, and you will still be able to access them through your Library on DMsGuild even though they will no longer be on sale for new purchases.
    If you have any questions, you can contact us at [email protected].
    Thank you and have a great day!
    DMsGuild Team"

I went to the forge link. If I click on the "login" choice it sends me to the forums where I am already logged in. If I click on inventory in the forge I don't see any. The note above said "and moved to". Does this mean that the inventory page in the forge will eventually populate with my purchased mods and extensions?
    Last edited by webdove; July 23rd, 2021 at 21:34.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    I just got one of those.
    EVERYONE did.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

I just got one of those.
    "Hello,
    You are receiving this email because you have purchased one or more titles that will soon be deactivated from sale on DMsGuild and moved to Fantasy Grounds Forge. This is simply a notification email: There is no action you need to take.
    Going forward, the file creators will still be able to update these products, and you will still be able to access them through your Library on DMsGuild even though they will no longer be on sale for new purchases.
    If you have any questions, you can contact us at [email protected].
    Thank you and have a great day!
    DMsGuild Team"

I went to the forge link. If I click on the "login" choice it sends me to the forums where I am already logged in. If I click on inventory in the forge I don't see any. The note above said "and moved to". Does this mean that the inventory page in the forge will eventually populate with my purchased mods and extensions?
    Your DMsG purchases will not show up in Forge, the "moved to" is only meaning for future sales. The author is going to have to maintain any updates on both Forge and DMsG, and you will have to manually download from DMsG and then place them into your extensions folder when they are updated.

I haven't purchased many extensions via DMsG. Those that I have, though, have been useful enough that I'll probably be willing to double-down just for the convenience of The Forge's update capabilities.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Would it be possible for authors to grant permission to migrate purchases to the forge? That might save them some maintenance time and it would be convenient for owners as well.

Would it be possible for authors to grant permission to migrate purchases to the forge? That might save them some maintenance time and it would be convenient for owners as well.
    No. Per previous reasons.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by EOTB View Post
    Can a forge creator account be set up for an organization, to make free material available? I ask as a new complete/expanded OSRIC mod is complete and in QA, as well as a beastiary (Monsters of Myth). If possible it would be better, I think, for the creator to show as "First Edition Society" rather than myself, as I happen to be the member of the FES engaged with fantasy grounds and doing most of the grunt work to adapt those into FG form - but it is still an effort on behalf of and authorized by the org, and the entirety of the works intended for a release on FG are compilations containing many members contributions (well over a dozen people contributed to Monsters of Myth, for example).
    With this in mind, I had an idea. You could expand the system that allows the owner of a project to add royalty recipients to also allow them to add management access for other crafters. Maybe with an added permission system to only allow access to specific parts, like uploading builds, changing build, editing description, etc.
    This would not only allow easier access to community projects by multiple creators but also gives publishers who are working together with a FG developer the option to grant them permission to upload images and build but not edit them or the description. Effectively leaving the owner of the project in charge of the store appearance but allowing a creator to contribute.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Thread Information