5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last
    @Ludd_G,

Candles are 5/10 according to 5E rules. I just added the presets for other game systems, so this should be in there now. (i.e. 3.5E is 0/5)

Regards,
    JPG

Yes, 100% falloff on dim is the ticket. Gets rid of what looked like an additive effect.

@kevininrussia,

Yes, the light overlaps are an issue currently. I'm not as fluent in @cpinder's code; but I'll be looking at it or he'll fix when he's back next week.

JPG

I noticed that with Enable Lighting active, Enable Line-of-sight active and Enable/Disable Player Vision Preview inactive I no longer see lights on the map as GM. When I Disable Line-of-sight then I see all the lights. Is that how its suppose to work? I forget how it worked before.

We were asked by @ddavison to make the display more visible for GMs during standard GM play to make placing encounters, viewing rooms, etc. easier. So, the overall display in various modes were generally brightened, while making the Player Preview more for the GM to be able to view what players are seeing.

Also, related to your light overlap observations. I think this was probably around for a while, but the bad dim falloff calculation probably obscured it. As I mentioned before, we plan to review this before release.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; April 1st, 2021 at 01:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We were asked by @ddavison to make the display more visible for GMs during standard GM play to make placing encounters, viewing rooms, etc. easier. So, the overall display in various modes were generally brightened, while making the Player Preview more for the GM to be able to view what players are seeing.

Also, related to your light overlap observations. I think this was probably around for a while, but the bad dim falloff calculation probably obscured it. As I mentioned before, we plan to review this before release.

Regards,
    JPG
    The 50/100 falloffs work perfectly for the fixed lighting. Token lighting when it has a torch or other Effect - not sure how to get that to do the 50/100 as it only allows "LIGHT: 20 torch" type of thing. So the effects still have the hard border outlines.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

The effects and APIs always use the default fall-off values for token lighting. No plans to change that. We may adjust the defaults some, depending on our discussion. It is unlikely that we would go as high as you are preferring, because of the whole aesthetics vs. mechanics discussion.

Regards,
    JPG

The effects and APIs always use the default fall-off values for token lighting. No plans to change that. We may adjust the defaults some, depending on our discussion. It is unlikely that we would go as high as you are preferring, because of the whole aesthetics vs. mechanics discussion.

Regards,
    JPG
    You mentioned earlier you wanted to keep the effects coding simple but it would be nice to be able to adjust the fall off value in the effect.

@Ludd_G,

Candles are 5/10 according to 5E rules. I just added the presets for other game systems, so this should be in there now. (i.e. 3.5E is 0/5)

Regards,
    JPG
    Hi Moon,

yes, I agree, that's what I should be seeing in my testing 5e campaign, but candles are showing 0/5 not 5/10. I've just started a new clean 5e campaign in case something has got messed up with the ongoing test one, but again for me candles are still showing 0/5 not 5/10.

Is anyone else seeing this in 5e?

Cheers,

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    You mentioned earlier you wanted to keep the effects coding simple but it would be nice to be able to adjust the fall off value in the effect.
    I concur. I'd very much like to be able to set fall off in the effect.

Cheers, Hywel

Thread Information