DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 43 of 46 First ... 334142434445 ... Last
    Howdy. The goal with 5eAE was always to cover the core rulebooks and then add the campaign settings (for which SpellJammer and Ravinica and Theros would be applicable) and other books over time. MotM was a huge undertaking because of the amount of new work and updates it required. Ari has previously taken requests for what books to work on next and we did have the campaigns in a voted priority order.

I know that IRL, Ari has started a different job and his availability is not what it once was. That, in combination with the MotM release, was a good time to take a pause. The same goes for me, who was doing the adventure modules. These were something we wanted to see what the appetite of the fan base was and whether it was worth continuing on. There wasn't a guarantee I would do all of them. I didn't own all of the adventures, so my goal was "did I make enough commission on the last adventure to buy the next one". That means it was *break even* proposition for me. There certainly isn't the $ in it that would make me quit my day job. Just for reference, CoS took over 100 hours to complete. I haven't been in a rush to start the next one.

Ari also had a stated goal of going back and updating many of the existing abilities. That is, not creating new content, but making the old content better for existing users. During that time, BCEG added many new features and so some things were in flux. That's why BCEG was brought up. We wanted to make things better, but wanted to make sure the active development on new BCEG features was slowing down so that work wasn't duplicated effort.

If anyone who has the experience needed to create the effects, the time available to dedicate to the project, attention to detail and would work to our standards, I would certainly entertain a discussion with you on working on one of books/modules not yet completed.

I have this wonderful product, and have started using Lingering Injuries in my game recently. I was going to create the effects, but noticed there was a Automatic Effects table already bundled in with this product. Problem is, I don't know how to use it, and cannot find documentation or receive an answer on the Discord server. Any advice from anyone would be most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectConsumer View Post
    I have this wonderful product, and have started using Lingering Injuries in my game recently. I was going to create the effects, but noticed there was a Automatic Effects table already bundled in with this product. Problem is, I don't know how to use it, and cannot find documentation or receive an answer on the Discord server. Any advice from anyone would be most welcome.
    Is the product you're talking about this one from DMSguild ? If so, it's a completely different product from 5E Automatic Effect, the one from DMSguild is made by Kent McCullough and Rob Twohy, so they are the best people to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    Is the product you're talking about this one from DMSguild ? If so, it's a completely different product from 5E Automatic Effect, the one from DMSguild is made by Kent McCullough and Rob Twohy, so they are the best people to ask.
    Thanks. Sorry, it can be hard to keep track of where everything comes from. I appreciate the help.

Thanks. Sorry, it can be hard to keep track of where everything comes from. I appreciate the help.
    Actually, I don't have that. When searching my tables, I find one that is Automatic Lingering Injuries, and assumed that it was automated, but that I don't understand it. I guess I will write my own effects or something.

Actually, I don't have that. When searching my tables, I find one that is Automatic Lingering Injuries, and assumed that it was automated, but that I don't understand it. I guess I will write my own effects or something.
    Automatic Lingering Injuries IS included in the one I linked from the DMSguild - check the link, it's indeed in the description of the page.
    From a quick look to the instructions, you need to:
    1) load the "Automatic Lingering Effects" extension from the Load Campaign screen
    2) in your game's options, set "Lingering Injuries" to "On", or use your own
    3) make sure you have a "Lingering Injuries" table with the effects of the injuries you need - either load the one from the Dungeon Master's Guide (if you have the FGU module of the Dungeon Master's Guide), or use your own.

That's what I see from the instructions. If these don't work, the only thing you can do is to ask for help in the author's Discord channel

Triggering sounds - missing "Cast" on spells

Hello Aridhro,

I have a suggestion for improvement for the spells added through the "Automatic Effects" modules:
    With the inclusion of sounds into Fantasy Grounds, it has become important that players have a "Cast" button for each spell (on their character's "Actions" tab), as otherwise, there is no sound trigger for the spell (it is bound to this "Cast"). Unfortunately, many spells from AE do not have the "Cast" action as there is no attack or saving throw required (I think the entries under a spell are called effects, but this is a bad naming as effects are only one type of... spell action, with attack, damage, heal, etc. other... actions for a spell).
    It would be therefore very helpful to add an "empty" (meaning: not triggering attack or saving throw) "Cast" action, preferable as first action of the spell (also for those people using "Fantasy Grounds Combat Automation" by Xelab).

I have added this manually for my players, and it works like a charm (and finally: sound triggers for spells), but it would be helpful if all spells have it out of the box, especially as there is no in-game way to change the order of actions and it must be edited in the XML:

Code:
    <id-00006>
    	<holder name="#####" owner="true" />
    	<order type="number">1</order>
    	<type type="string">cast</type>
    </id-00006>

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Hello Aridhro,

I have a suggestion for improvement for the spells added through the "Automatic Effects" modules:
    With the inclusion of sounds into Fantasy Grounds, it has become important that players have a "Cast" button for each spell (on their character's "Actions" tab), as otherwise, there is no sound trigger for the spell (it is bound to this "Cast"). Unfortunately, many spells from AE do not have the "Cast" action as there is no attack or saving throw required (I think the entries under a spell are called effects, but this is a bad naming as effects are only one type of... spell action, with attack, damage, heal, etc. other... actions for a spell).
    It would be therefore very helpful to add an "empty" (meaning: not triggering attack or saving throw) "Cast" action, preferable as first action of the spell (also for those people using "Fantasy Grounds Combat Automation" by Xelab).

I have added this manually for my players, and it works like a charm (and finally: sound triggers for spells), but it would be helpful if all spells have it out of the box, especially as there is no in-game way to change the order of actions and it must be edited in the XML:

Code:
    <id-00006>
    	<holder name="#####" owner="true" />
    	<order type="number">1</order>
    	<type type="string">cast</type>
    </id-00006>
    Cast? Not sure why you would ever depend on that. I define all my spells with chat...

Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Well, cast is an existing trigger used by the Smiteworks/Syrinscape packages.
    When you do it all yourself (like I did with AudioOverseer), yes - chat is a good choice.
    But it is now implemented differently, therefore the suggestion.

Thread Information