DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 22 of 46 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    Awesome job Aridhro!
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Just confirming that this means that these items are planned to stay on the DMsGuild and not migrate to the Forge?
    What on earth makes you think this is not in DMsG? That is only place it can be. Do not mistake DMsG allowing/requiring FGU extensions to be put on Forge as somehow translating to other types of supplemental data. Licensing is the defining factor on where things can go.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    What on earth makes you think this is not in DMsG? That is only place it can be. Do not mistake DMsG allowing/requiring FGU extensions to be put on Forge as somehow translating to other types of supplemental data. Licensing is the defining factor on where things can go.
    To paraphrase you

What on earth makes you ask that?
    My words were - "...confirming that this means that these items are planned to stay on the DMsGuild..."

As to license - based on the title of the product it is EFFECTS which are FG Coding which are not then WotC IP...
    If it is something else then it is something else.

My question was quite simple and I really dont understand the reply.

To paraphrase you

What on earth makes you ask that?
    My words were - "...confirming that this means that these items are planned to stay on the DMsGuild..."

As to license - based on the title of the product it is EFFECTS which are FG Coding which are not then WotC IP...
    If it is something else then it is something else.

My question was quite simple and I really dont understand the reply.
    It’s supplementary data with links to the data - as all the previous things have been. While it works with my extension it’s not necessary. Licensing, as it’s been described to me by DMsG is they only released things that were FGU related not data related as in things dependent on DMsG licensed data (WOTC related).

Just confirming that this means that these items are planned to stay on the DMsGuild and not migrate to the Forge?
    The mods will remain on DMsG. I do use a lot of WotC IP like specific item, class feature, ... names. I also make short summaries of the descriptions, while I link to the official books for full description.
    You may correct me if I'm wrong.
    Effects are FG code, but using them to Translate WotC IP, needs to be on DMsG, for what I understand of this.
    Last edited by Aridhro; August 30th, 2021 at 07:13.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Its fine - I was clarifying because I didnt want to buy from DMsG if they were moving to Forge.
    lol, thought you posted the questions as a moderator, not as a customer. Thanks for the support.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

I don't know if anyone is still reading these posts, but I think I found a bug in the Monk's Deflect Missiles effect. It originally looked like this

$# Deflect Missiles; Reaction; DMG: -1d10 [-DEX] [-MONK] ranged; 'Apply to target who hits with ranged attack

but this didn't work for me. I had to remove 'ranged' from it to get it to work.

$# Deflect Missiles; Reaction; DMG: -1d10 [-DEX] [-MONK]; 'Apply to target who hits with ranged attack

I tried combat with shortbows and longbows but it never worked. When I removed 'ranged' it worked fine. Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrcMonk View Post
    I don't know if anyone is still reading these posts, but I think I found a bug in the Monk's Deflect Missiles effect. It originally looked like this

$# Deflect Missiles; Reaction; DMG: -1d10 [-DEX] [-MONK] ranged; 'Apply to target who hits with ranged attack

but this didn't work for me. I had to remove 'ranged' from it to get it to work.

$# Deflect Missiles; Reaction; DMG: -1d10 [-DEX] [-MONK]; 'Apply to target who hits with ranged attack

I tried combat with shortbows and longbows but it never worked. When I removed 'ranged' it worked fine. Not sure why.
    I suspect it has to do with the extra modifiers not parsing "ranged" after it as that is a legal DMG syntax. You don't want your damage triggering by mistake on melee attacks so you should probably experiment with the positioning of the "ranged" keyword or spacing to get it to process. Maybe even try to add commas or something. May just be a bug in FGU dropping it when you have modifiers also - you never know.

Thread Information