DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 61 of 68 First ... 11515960616263 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mattvictim View Post
    I love this extension and it works great except for one thing:

It causes a lot of lag whenever any arrows/cones/circles/squares are on the map as well as when they are being drawn.

This happens even when it is the only extension running.

Is there any way to fix that?

Thanks much!!
    Thanks, mattvictim. I'm not noticing a lag. Can you confirm which version of Token Height you have running (in the chat log when you first start up), what ruleset you're using, and things like how many tokens are on the map and how many pointers are on the map? If you type /console in the chat when you first start up, then the clear button, then load the map, do you see any messages?

Version 5.8 updated from FORGE.

5e ruleset with only Token Height Indication loaded (The problem seems the same with dozens of other extensions loaded as well).

It seems to happen on any map (tiny or massive file size) regardless of 0 or many tokens and regardless of LOS and Lighting on or off.

Drawing or editing (moving/resizing) suffers from about 1/3 second of lag: Very choppy and have to hold both mouse buttons on the final position of the pointer extra long to get it to stay in the intended place.

This happens with or without players connected.

It doesn't seem to get any worse by adding more pointers.

The rest of the game isn't lagged, only when interacting with the pointers or zooming the map with mousewheel, or repositioning what it shows with click-drag mousewheel.

If I unload Token Hight Indication, drawing pointers is perfectly smooth (160 hz).

Thanks much!

That's very odd. I don't see any lag with points or zooming or repositioning the map (no discernible difference with or without the extension). What kind of OS and hardware are you using?

Everyone else - anybody have similar issues?

Windows 10 Pro
    i7-9700K @3600
    64GB DDR4
    Samsung Pro nvme drive
    Geforce 2080 Super

It's not top of the line, but it still handles most everything without breaking a sweat.

Well that should certainly be able to handle anything FGU throws at it. If you could zip up the campaign you're using I can see if I can reproduce the lag using that.

Here's the ZIP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2grmkpn0o...02020.zip?dl=0

Just let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Thanks. I'll let you know.

Well, the good news is that I'm pretty positive that the issue is the number of items in the combat tracker - any time the pointer moves, FGU calls the routine to calculate distance sending in coordinates. In order to calculate the distance, I need to see if there are any tokens at those coordinates in order to grab their height. There's no built-in routine to determine that, so I have to slog through all of the tokens in the combat tracker to see if any overlap those coordinates (not just are centered there, so there are additional calculations).

The bad news is that I'm not sure there's anything I can do about it. I'll try to figure out of there's a way to narrow down the search based upon what's upon the screen (or at least the particular map). Fingers crossed.

Oh yeah... there are tons of hidden actors thanks to Combat Groups extension...

Thanks for taking a look.

Quote Originally Posted by mattvictim View Post
    Oh yeah... there are tons of hidden actors thanks to Combat Groups extension...

Thanks for taking a look.
    Beware of using to many combat groups it helps CT be faster but you can still swamp it - I have huge number and use token height with no issues. But part of my session planning is offloading combat groups to encounters and adding encounters for new stuff into combat groups of things I think they will see or won't see -only persistent areas stay around for the whole campaign. There is a new way to transfer combat groups into encounters with a click of a button also. Point being i have really big test cases Token uses and they don't see what your seeing. Which make me think you went a bit nuts with trying to put everything in campaign into combat groups instead of everything for session or persistent areas
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information