DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Here is a quirk. It appears that clicking Grant NPC Access for any PC erases all memory of the map for all PCs.
    Before clicking Grant
    Before Clicking Grant.png

After clicking Grant
    After Clicking Grant.png

Clicking Grant with Party Vision disabled and with only a PV character in Party Vision causes the PV character to get kicked out of Party Vision.
    Last edited by webdove; March 19th, 2021 at 04:36.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    One suggestion that I would offer is that the buttons "add", "Delete from CT" and "Frieds" growth the Combat Tracker about 40% horizontally.
    If they could be slid under the Group Name box immediately to their left it would make for a more compact Combat Tracker. (My screen space is somewhat limited).
    Your talking about combat groups not assistant GM, this is Assistant GM thread - and the reason its only on one line is to keep it obvious what the active group selected is tied with and due to the pain it is to manage things in FGU windows. May consider it at some point in combat groups but not any time soon as I like it this way (one single line for all the functionality). For sure you could edit your version to change it though.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Here is a quirk. It appears that clicking Grant NPC Access for any PC erases all memory of the map for all PCs.
    Before clicking Grant
    Before Clicking Grant.png

After clicking Grant
    After Clicking Grant.png

Clicking Grant with Party Vision disabled and with only a PV character in Party Vision causes the PV character to get kicked out of Party Vision.
    I'm not sure what your telling me here. If you grant NPC access the whole CT is redone and updated on the players side - which will clear any active status likely. If you don't have a player active you will see nothing. Its the way FGU works. Activate the player token and you'll see their perspective again. Per usual FGU.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what your saying.

What I am observing is that the the PC's memory of the map that they have seen so far is lost when I click Grant.

You can see in the first image the screen view for the Player controlling the Minsc character to the SE of the nightmare with that character token not selected.
    The gray regions are his memory of map areas he has seen in the past.

The second image is the view for that same character with the token unselected after Grant was pressed. The gray (memorized) areas from the previous image are now black (erased).

My players like being able to see in gray where they have been on the map and erasing that information will make them unhappy.

My apologies for cross posting.

What I am observing is that the the PC's memory of the map that they have seen so far is lost when I click Grant.

You can see in the first image the screen view for the Player controlling the Minsc character to the SE of the nightmare with that character token not selected.
    The gray regions are his memory of map areas he has seen in the past.

The second image is the view for that same character with the token unselected after Grant was pressed. The gray (memorized) areas from the previous image are now black (erased).

My players like being able to see in gray where they have been on the map and erasing that information will make them unhappy.
    Ok let me explain the basic facts of FGU and visibility. The visibility is tied to the token, which is tied to the combat tracker entry. You can think of that data as being part of that combat tracker entry. Forget this extension. Go into combat tracker and remove everything and then put it all back in. Or just do it for one token/CT entry PC or NPC does not matter. What you will see is that the history view of that token is gone. In fact, you will see a black screen until the map is re-shared to a player if you remove their CT entry and remove the token from the map then put it back out there from the host side. This is because this is how visibility works in FGU. Active token is what you see the visible perspective of. No active token - black map. Re sharing the map will give them that token's viewpoint again as there is no way for them to select it in a black map. This is all without this extension. Its how it works.

So when this extension replaces the CT entries - or anything else does - then you are back to how FGU works when you delete a CT entry from the map and replace it while that player is still logged in. You will have to reshare the map. And no matter what, just like in FGU, the history tied to that old CT entry that was replaced is gone.

I can't "fix" how FGU works in that regard. It is what it is. Now I could kludge it probably to force some kind of post operation to activate the token or something for the logged in unit - but really I'm not going to want to mess with that basic FGU behavior. If they don't bother to insure the logged in token is activated when you replace its map and CT entry I'm not going to make it behave differently.

Also if your making an assistant GM - you share and leave it for them for the duration - you don't switch it on and off like a light switch. Or at least for the duration of that map.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 19th, 2021 at 05:22.

I understand.

If you remove and replace a CT entry you eliminate that character's memory of the map.
    In order to Grant NPC access you must remove and replace the CT entry because you cannot modify the CT entry object in place to accomplish this.

corrected spelling of AssistantGM.ext that I deliver to DMsG - irrelevant really as they rename the whole thing when they deliver it but in case it matters to people - the name is now spelled correctly.

I just had a problem with Party Vision that stopped when I disabled loading of Assistant GM. Party vision and movement was turned off. I had one character (PV) included in party vision and moved them around the map so PV built a party vision memory of everywhere the party had been. I then stopped both clients and restarted everything. I put PV back into Party Vision and shared the map. My two clients (PV and Dufus) could the the areas that PV had memorized into Party Vision during the previous run. When I clicked to open the combat tracker on the Dufus client and clicked the map there all Party Vision memory was erased both on Dufus and on PV. I repeated this experiment with Assistant GM disabled and Party Vision memory was saved across different runs of fantasy grounds. I wonder if Assistant GM is doing something with the PV character entry in the Combat Tracker (when Dufus opens his Combat Tracker) that is causing PV's memory of Party Vision to get erased.

I just had a problem with Party Vision that stopped when I disabled loading of Assistant GM. Party vision and movement was turned off. I had one character (PV) included in party vision and moved them around the map so PV built a party vision memory of everywhere the party had been. I then stopped both clients and restarted everything. I put PV back into Party Vision and shared the map. My two clients (PV and Dufus) could the the areas that PV had memorized into Party Vision during the previous run. When I clicked to open the combat tracker on the Dufus client and clicked the map there all Party Vision memory was erased both on Dufus and on PV. I repeated this experiment with Assistant GM disabled and Party Vision memory was saved across different runs of fantasy grounds. I wonder if Assistant GM is doing something with the PV character entry in the Combat Tracker (when Dufus opens his Combat Tracker) that is causing PV's memory of Party Vision to get erased.
    Didn't we just cover all this a few posts ago? LOS is a combat tracker (CT) stored thing. If you replace the CT entries your going to lose all that LOS remembered data. I'm positive we just discussed this above. Not sure where the disconnect is happening for you - as ANY LOS remembered data will be lost if you replace the CT entry. Party vision set or not. And assistant GM will do that when it has to reformat the CT on the player side. As we discussed - don't grant stuff on and off if you plan on having an assistant GM. And if you plan to let players run NPCs then don't do it when using the same map. But point is - do not use assistant GM if you want some player to retain past memory of a map. Period. Its an FGU thing as I told you - remove a CT entry and it removes its LOS/occluder/whatever memory with it - as far as I've been able to tell.

Here is a handy rule of thumb. If you have an Assistant GM to run NPCs for you grant them access and leave it alone forever. They have access - end of story. No memory will then be lost except for things they remove from the CT in normal ways - or via other extensions.

If you have players you want to run NPCs then don't plan on the LOS memory being retained after the point you do the grant off or on because that will reformat the CT on their side which likely includes removing and adding in the CT entries in a new version of the CT display. As in not the old one. As in no LOS remembered data in that one.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 25th, 2021 at 20:40.

Thread Information