FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 30 of 44 First ... 20282930313240 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Whats the reasoning for blocking access to things like "devilsight" from other rulesets other than 5e? Maybe they would be useful in some situations in other rulesets.
    You're not the first person who seems to think that because something is not in their preferred ruleset but in some other ruleset for the beta testing of the first release of lighting is because it is being blocked or withheld from other rulesets they play and won't ever be added. This is not the case. If SmiteWorks programmed everything in every ruleset this would not be in testing right now and everyone would be waiting even longer for this.

Can I make a suggestion? If you want to see something in a ruleset, that matches the rules of that system - can you be constructive and start a thread to list and discuss the requirements for your RPG system please? That would be much more positive and constructive. In the short term users can discuss specifics on how to make what's there already work in the ruleset, and listing specific RPG system vision/lighting requirements will give the developers a head start when they look to expand the embedded ruleset functionality to other rulesets. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Whats the reasoning for blocking access to things like "devilsight" from other rulesets other than 5e? Maybe they would be useful in some situations in other rulesets.
    To put this in perspective, "Devilsight" in the 5E ruleset is just a name that maps to the "truesight" base functionality. So, if you want "devlisight" 5E functionality in 4E, give your 4E PC "truesight".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    To put this in perspective, "Devilsight" in the 5E ruleset is just a name that maps to the "truesight" base functionality. So, if you want "devlisight" 5E functionality in 4E, give your 4E PC "truesight".
    Agreed. Instead of thinking of these vision bands by the names given to them, just think of it's functionality as it's vision type can cover quite a few senses.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You're not the first person who seems to think that because something is not in their preferred ruleset but in some other ruleset for the beta testing of the first release of lighting is because it is being blocked or withheld from other rulesets they play and won't ever be added. This is not the case. If SmiteWorks programmed everything in every ruleset this would not be in testing right now and everyone would be waiting even longer for this.

Can I make a suggestion? If you want to see something in a ruleset, that matches the rules of that system - can you be constructive and start a thread to list and discuss the requirements for your RPG system please? That would be much more positive and constructive. In the short term users can discuss specifics on how to make what's there already work in the ruleset, and listing specific RPG system vision/lighting requirements will give the developers a head start when they look to expand the embedded ruleset functionality to other rulesets. Thanks.
    OK, was just a question. Didn't mean for it to ruffle any feathers.

So that everyone is aware. The following are the lighting settings that are built into the CoreRPG ruleset. *Any* ruleset that runs on CoreRPG has these:

Code:
    	<lightingsettings>
    		<preset key="torch" nameres="lighting_torch" color="FFFFF3E1" bright="4" dim="8" animtype="flicker" animspeed="25" />
    		<preset key="lantern" nameres="lighting_lantern" color="FFF9FEFF" bright="6" dim="12" />
    		<preset key="candle" nameres="lighting_candle" color="FFFFFCC3" bright="1" dim="2" animtype="flicker" animspeed="100" />
    		<ambientpreset key="dawn" nameres="ambient_lighting_dawn" color="FFFFDFBD" shadowcolor="650057BD" shadowangle="144" shadowlength="2" />
    		<ambientpreset key="sunlight" nameres="ambient_lighting_sunlight" color="FFFFF7E6" shadowcolor="9130525D" shadowangle="280" shadowlength="0.2" />
    		<ambientpreset key="dusk" nameres="ambient_lighting_dusk" color="FFFFC3A0" shadowcolor="313052BB" shadowangle="316" shadowlength="2" />
    		<ambientpreset key="moonlight" nameres="ambient_lighting_moonlight" color="91C9E7FF" shadowcolor="74195263" shadowangle="220" shadowlength="0.6" />
    	</lightingsettings>
    	<visionsettings>
    		<preset key="darkvision" nameres="vision_darkvision" gradcolor="FFFFFFFF" distance="12" intensity="50" />
    		<preset key="blindsight" nameres="vision_blindsight" gradcolor="FF7B96F9" distance="12" />
    		<preset key="truesight" nameres="vision_truesight" distance="12" ignoredark="true" />
    	</visionsettings>
    The "visionsettings" section are the three built in base types that has been mentioned. These are being kept to three for performance and efficiency issues. The "lightingsettings" section is what shows in the image edit window and also maps to vision effects.

To address the issue that some people think the D&D 5e ruleset has more than the other rulesets. All the 5e ruleset has is the following two lines of code:
    Code:
    	VisionManager.addVisionType(Interface.getString("vision_devilsight"), "truesight");
    	VisionManager.addVisionType(Interface.getString("vision_devilsight_alt"), "truesight");
    These map "devilsight" and "devil's sight" to the base "truesight" functionality as defined in the CoreRPG ruleset.

That's it. The 5e ruleset doesn't have any more lighting/vision functionality than any other ruleset that's based on CoreRPG.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 13th, 2021 at 20:42.

Can we have the "Darkness" as an effect plz (not just toggleable from the map, but also from effects like torch/candle/lantern)

The effects are only for token lights; and token lights do not currently support "inverse" lights. What's your use case?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The effects are only for token lights; and token lights do not currently support "inverse" lights. What's your use case?

Regards,
    JPG
    I don't know his case, but I can think it would be especially useful for players that are constantly casting Darkness spells ... like Shadow Sorcerers. Although, I think most Shadow Sorcerers and others that would be using this ability won't always be centered in the darkness.

Personally, I think the way it works currently works best.

Yes, spell caster casting darkness on self or a target

The sorcerer / warlock cast in my game casts Darkness on her hat, has Devilsight and then just pew-pews Eldritch blast with the Elven Accuracy Feat.

Thread Information