STAR TREK 2d20
Page 22 of 29 First ... 122021222324 ... Last
    V1.52 - Update - double click on combat group name edit field now will zoom in better (zoom = 1.5). First time you double click it will bring up the map with group centered in default scale. Second double click will bring in to whatever zoom 1.5 is relative to that map. Zoom level in FGU is pretty cryptic - but this setting is better than the previous zoom = 1.0 setting.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Getting a SLEW of errors on the latest FG update.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Ciphor View Post
    Not sure why your telling me this. Find out what is causing it. I don't even call any of those things. Because they have been deprecated. The only way you'd get them from me is if you had some ancient version of CG. If V 1.52 is not your current version then get the current version.

Or find out what extension you have causing those errors as its not mine.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 26th, 2023 at 18:13.

This is the only extension I have loaded in trying to track it down. Errors occur on first opening of the CT with the extension enabled. The current version is <version>1.52</version>, pulled from the Forge.
    Will keep digging....

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Ciphor View Post
    I have similar. Though, I can't see that they have caused anything not to work, having played a session regardless last night.

I also have a fair few extensions, so could be any of those without investigating myself.

Let me know in direct message if you want me to test anything on my end to help narrow it down.

Try deleting the extension from your /extensions folder and re-updating from the forge. That seemed to clear it with version 1.52.

I got my extension from DriveThruRPG, but in an effort to replicate your steps I deleted the file completely from the extensions folder, re-downloaded and plopped it back in there again.

That solved my issue too, thanks!

Yeah I fixed where I said V1.51 to V1.52 - so many changes. Sounds like you had the an old one or multiple versions in your extension directory and it was picking up some ancient one? I have to admit that it makes no sense that simply reloading it would make a difference as I don't call those functions (at least since they went out of scope in TEST a while back (talking many weeks)) - but glad you worked it out.

V1.53 - Update - Added new option "Encounter placed in active combat group name" defaulted to "off" which will cause any encounter to place all its entries into the active combat group name. If the combat tracker is not up or the active combat group name is blank then it will just place the encounter entries with no combat group as it previously would do. This lets me drop an encounter straight into a combat group if the option is "on".

Once you turn this option on its up to you to realize any encounter you drop will be added to the active combat group name - if you forget and stick tons of things in one combat group - or put the same encounter unintentionally (can see cool reasons to use it as build tool to do intentionally) in the same combat group over and over... its on your head. DON'T TURN this option on if your forgetful. Use at your own risk. However, having said that - with the ability to put a combat group into an encounter based on active combat group name and put and encounter into the active combat group name is a powerful tool. Which of course, in the wrong hands is a disaster waiting to happen. DO NOT USE IT if you are a walking disaster waiting to happen You have been warned.

Oh and for those who don't know how FGU NPC data works - its not like PC data. Their is no data update between an NPC list record and the CT NPC list record. And encounters use NPC list records. So if you edit data in a CT NPC entry and want it preserved you'd have to copy it to your NPC list as a new record. And I always delete the old CT NPC record and replace it with the new copy NPC list record so that the sourcelink points to it as its originator. Ignore this if you have no idea how FGU data works - this is just to prevent people from asking "where did my CT data go after I put it in encounter"... yeah... I can't solve the way FGU does its data.

Also, when you add these into the active combat group it will be Visible or not Visible in CT based on current Visible button setting for that group. As far as the map visibility - they still will default to the FGU default NPC placement settings (which is not map visible - eye icon). Up to you to set those how you want.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 2nd, 2023 at 20:31.

V1.54 - Update - supported vehicle class as much as possible in the same manner as npc class.

Thread Information