DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 144 First ... 513141516172565115 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    When an NPC starship has multiple weapons on the same Arc the GM can not roll the DMG dice for the first weapon. Example Fang Fighter from Dead Suns AP 5 has these for the Front Arc "high explosive missile launcher (4d8) and twin laser (5d8)". To fix this this a ";" must be inserted after the first weapons DMG dice. EXAMPLE "high explosive missile launcher (4d8); and twin laser (5d8)" This can be done on the CT or on the NPC sstarship sheet. This problem occurred with multiple starships.

I have the latest updates and no EXT installed.
    All of the ships have not been updated to accommodate this and will be relayed to the dev to get those updated.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by notwithoutcid View Post
    hi I got another one. sorry if I'm being a pain, documentation is fairly vague - a dev tracker would be nice

I set up a custom ability under the action tabs to handle trick attacks for an operative.

hitting the "Use" button will roll the specified skill check against a DC 20+CR

It *technically* works, that is to say, the chat TEXT shows whether it fails or not correctly.

However for those rolls, regardless of the outcome, the ICON always shows as a success, and never the fail/miss.

Is this something that is fixable?

See attached, where a natural 1 roll (vs a DC 25) says it failed but shows success.
    Attachment 42477
    This action was setup to use the attack code to allow targeting and to produce opposed checks and uses those icons as well. Since the text is producing the correct output, I would ignore the icon for now till a finer solution is found for this feature.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by jrock1 View Post
    SFRPG:
    There's an issue with the Entangled condition when attacking with DEX based weapons (e.g. ranged weapons such as the Azimuth Laser Riffle). It's giving a -4 to attack rolls instead of the correct value: -2.

Entangled states: You move at half speed; you cannot run or charge; and you take a -2 penalty to AC, attack rolls, Reflex saves, initiative checks, and Dex-based skill and ability checks.

Please help to correct this issue.
    Thank you.
    I tested this with a few characters and was not able to replicate the -4 to the AC results you seem to be reporting. I tested with a ranged attack from an NPC and it was removing -2 from the AC of the attack as you have mentioned is the rules. Can you further test this and see if you can give me more information on the combat scenario that this is appearing?

Capture.PNG
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by Stadlerc View Post
    When leveling the PC's to level 11, I noticed that they are getting their 12th level theme early. For example, our Mercenary shows they are getting "Squad Leader" at 11th level rather then 12th. Chart appears to show correctly in the theme when looking it up. (NOTE: This appears to happen not only from 10 - 11 as noted above in further testing)

Steps to Reproduce..
    1) create a character with the Icon theme
    2) Level him to level 5
    NOTE: Feature 'Celebrity' added to 'Nix Nightshade' was triggered when he hit level 5 rather then level 6..

Core RPG ruleset v3.3.12A for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    SFRPG ruleset v2.1.17 for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2004-2020 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Window Saver v0.5.1 for FG V.3.x Copyright 2017 Smiteworks USA, LLC.
    Author: James (Lokiare) Holloway.
    Starfinder Bars Theme v1.6 by Steve Buza
    This was found and will be updated with the Tuesday update.

Quote Originally Posted by notwithoutcid View Post
    Starship Tracker/Encounter Issues
    I'm not sure if these are necessarily "bugs" or just unimplemented features but here I am regardless:

1. On the Starship Combat Tracker, the faction buttons for moving groups on tokens from the tracker to a map do not work.
    They still function normally on the regular combat tracker, they just have no effect on starships.

2. On a related note I was hoping to be able to create encounters (for tracing CR and XP and auto-map placement and such) with starships, but it won't allow starships to be dropped into them.

Starship combat does take quite a long time and I'd rather not have to spend longer setting up with my players waiting so having either of those functions would be really helpful.

Thank you very much for all you do
    A fix for the faction buttons will be added with the next Tuesday update. The creation of ship encounters is on the list of features to be expanded. Currently new features can't be focused on till majority of the bugs have been taken cared of and a great base game is available. Once that is in place we will start adding in new features.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I tested this with a few characters and was not able to replicate the -4 to the AC results you seem to be reporting. I tested with a ranged attack from an NPC and it was removing -2 from the AC of the attack as you have mentioned is the rules. Can you further test this and see if you can give me more information on the combat scenario that this is appearing?

Capture.PNG
    The attacker, attacking with a DEX-based (ranged) weapon, must be the one who is entangled (not the Target, not AC); you will see that they will get a -4 to the attack instead of -2.

To recreate:
    1. PC#1 is hit with a stickybomb grenade and becomes entangled for 4 rounds; as GM I use a custom effect from the Effects icon: Entangled (4 rounds) and drag-drop it to PC#1.
    2. It's PC#1's turn and attacks with an Azimuth Laser Rifle (a DEX-based (ranged) weapon).
    3. Since PC#1 is entangled, they should only receive a -2 penalty to the attack per SF CRB (3rd Printing p.275-276); however, FG gives them a -4 to the attack roll instead (in error).

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by jrock1; January 5th, 2021 at 18:48. Reason: Clarification

Thanks for the clarification. I'll dig a bit to see why it's doubling up.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I checked it over and it gets factored in two different places. I will need some more testing to ensure my new code doesn't affect other effects. I'll plan on an update later in the week, but will not be part of today's update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Running into a couple of weird bugs.

1. Starship system seems wonk'd when it comes to a bunch of different stuff on NPCs, namely that the automation for NPCs seems nonexistent other than for attacks. But the BUG here is that it seems that double clicking on INIT doesn't seem to work right, namely it doesn't apply the piloting bonus of the ship (Example tested: Crypt Warden from Dead Suns 6)

2. New Vechicles as NPCs system seems a little broken in practice. Namely that vehicles with weapons have no way to properly roll for them through the NPC, since they're manned emplacements, or to auto-apply the penalties to the emplacements or the NPC riding it.

3. Dead Suns 6: Hangar Bay Encounter: Switching it to the Vehicle as NPC is cool for the encounter record, but it still needs the regular NPC record because its not an independent NPC.

4. I can't figure out why I have a PC that is getting resistance applied against them improperly. This PC (xml attached) is using a custom weapon coded as damage "4d4+11 C; Corrode 1d6" but when attacking (Dead Suns 6) Corpsefolk Marine, which only has DR 5/magic, it is being partly resisted, which is inaccurate. This is not having the same issue as another PC's Zero pistol, hailstorm.

5. Enemy starships are showing all the HP/Shield stats to Players despite not being configured for such for regular encounters. Granted, this is something that is easily accessible via Scan, but should be a quick-access toggle (preferably tied to the Identified tag, since that's where you get the info from), and not visible by default
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ravien999; January 6th, 2021 at 03:45.

1) I tested with a random ship NPC and everything seems to be working as intended. The crew fields are double clickable as well to help GMs roll crew actions.

Capture.PNG

2 & 3) Vehicles have not really been expanded upon besides adding attacks. The reasoning behind merging them was to allow them to be available on the CT and to track damage. There are plans to expand vehicles, but act as solo entities when it comes to the CT.

5) Thanks for the feedback, it will be considered
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Initiative rolls from the crew tab of the PC Ship Sheet are not added to the Ship-CT.

Initiative rolls from the Ship-CT as the GM, for a PC Ship only add the Pilot Ranks, when it should add the total modifier.

Thread Information