DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 26 of 48 First ... 16242526272836 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Arghun View Post
    I don't mind the author 'ID', I just wanted to know whether this new version was so different it had to have FGU as part of it. I know that the filename doesn't matter when it comes to .ext files (the extension xml drives what you see in FG) but I was wondering why the sudden change :-)
    I always rename the exts to the name that is shown in game so I don't mess up what I'm loading.
    So many ext makers will call the file name different than the name that shows up on the list where you load the exts and confuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Parcels show weight in them. Coins are assigned weights in options currencies. In 5E that would be 0.02 for all of them.

In case I have to spell it out - put parcel in item called bag of coins and keep all your coins in there.
    Hoping to not be talked down to again , could you possibly explain how to do this please. I put coins in a parcel as you say (which also as you say correctly calculates coin weight as per weights set in currency option) then drag the parcel into an item created as coin pouch on the pc. The coins are immediately moved to the pc coinage treasure area leaving nothing in the pouch item. Therefore I cannot unequip the pouch to alter player weight. Am I missing something?

I can create a coin parcel and place it within an item in the effects area as per the advanced effects extension but the item weight does not reflect the contents. I did consider creating an item (coin pouch) with a negative weight equal to the weight of coins carried and equipping it when the coins are not carried but unfortunately the weight system doesn't appear to respond to negative numbers.
    Last edited by Noelus; March 29th, 2021 at 13:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelus View Post
    Hoping to not be talked down to again...
    If your going to interpret any explanation as "talked down to", or the manner in which I clarify things instead of bolding the text or putting it in italics, then I think we can probably safely stop here.

To be very clear, all the parcel does is show the total weight of the parcel. All the coin weight does is allow it to be part of the calculation for weight in an inventory (character/npc/parcel).

I have no idea what "advanced effects" is and have never used it so have no reference on what your talking about. If you put a parcel in the text of an item and drop the item in the inventory then you have an item with coins in it. I did not say move the coins from the parcel into the inventory which it sounds like is what you did or tried to do. A parcel cannot be put into inventory (FGU behavior) except by putting the link inside an item. Because of the way FGU works you'd have to look at the parcel weight and assign your item that weight manually - but you asked how you could put coins someplace else. That is a way. It may not be the way you want - but FGU is FGU. This extension will only do what I said to highlight the information after "To be very clear".

But really not much appreciating being told I'm talking down to you when I try to help you solve whatever it is your trying to solve which is outside of the scope of this extension.

So, maybe we end it here. I've described all I can to help you in your quest in what can be done with the coin weight and this extension.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I don't want to be made out to be the bad guy here. I apologise wholeheartedly if it was not your intention or if I am being oversensitive but to my interpretation 'in case I have to spell it out' is hardly a pleasant way to couch your words. I very much appreciate your attempts to assist and I also enjoy the usefulness of your extensions. I was merely enquiring about the functionality of something I have paid for. Ironically, now that you have 'spelled it out' for me, I understand your resolution better.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelus View Post
    I don't want to be made out to be the bad guy here. I apologise wholeheartedly if it was not your intention or if I am being oversensitive but to my interpretation 'in case I have to spell it out' is hardly a pleasant way to couch your words. I very much appreciate your attempts to assist and I also enjoy the usefulness of your extensions. I was merely enquiring about the functionality of something I have paid for. Ironically, now that you have 'spelled it out' for me, I understand your resolution better.
    We are both sensitive So sorry if my "way with words" came off wrong. I suppose I should just bold things or italicize things to put emphasis on them - so sorry it came off wrong.

Not sure there is a "resolution" as the weight is not actually transferred into the item. Personally, I hate the way the entire currency thing works in treating all data as raw number fields and text fields. But not really up for trying to rewrite that and hopefully SW will redo how they handle all that themselves. I have no good solution for currency fields.

Glad the air is cleared. Your solution does work albeit a tad clumsily (as you say not your fault there) but at least now coins can be placed in an item that can be dropped to lose weight. Thank you

I have to say thank you SilentRuin. This ext is a must have for any DM, it's next level VTT stuff.

Weird issue happened to me with 4 live players in TEST server today. The death check is triggering off of combattracker.list.*.status "onUpdate" changes for when I check to see if they are really dead and to drop the parcel on death - but while this works in local testing and in LIVE - it required me (GM) to double click on dead token on map in order to get this to trigger and drop the parcel in TEST server. Made no sense. But I put it here in case someone runs into this while I try to figure out what is going on in TEST server with this trigger. That way they have a work around.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Weird issue happened to me with 4 live players in TEST server today. The death check is triggering off of combattracker.list.*.status "onUpdate" changes for when I check to see if they are really dead and to drop the parcel on death - but while this works in local testing and in LIVE - it required me (GM) to double click on dead token on map in order to get this to trigger and drop the parcel in TEST server. Made no sense. But I put it here in case someone runs into this while I try to figure out what is going on in TEST server with this trigger. That way they have a work around.
    And of course I test it in controlled TEST server environment (not with multiple remote players - just player (me) connected to GM (me)) and it works. If you encounter the quoted issue above just make sure GM combat tracker is up and you double click on the dead token on the map - somehow that forces the update to get pushed through the DB if it had not been before. Below are pictures of my test - basically thunderwaving 20 kobolds - while it took 25 seconds to update all the graphics (and create all the parcel drops on death) on GM and player side it worked completely. I know I had combat tracker up in both player and GM side - other than that no idea how to duplicate the problem for sure now.

Targeting kobolds
    TargetingKobolds.jpg

Thunderwave kobolds
    ThunderKobolds.jpg

Parcels dropped on death (25 seconds later - it shows it doing one at a time in GM side and the player side which is last to finish)
    LootKobolds.jpg

Quick Clarification question as after reading the whole forum, watching the video and having done some experimenting, am still not 100% certain I have this correct.
    1 - Parcel when dropped on Map becomes Public, shows the P on right in Parcels gui and players can all remove and add items to it as well as seeing it in their Parcels gui
    2 - Deletion of Parcel on Map then removes the Public flag and players can no longer see the parcel in their Parcels gui
    3 - Right Click on Parcel in Parcels gui and choose share, returns the Public flag, making it visible to players again for removing and adding things to the parcel
    4 - Manually remove the Public flag again and then drag the parcel over a players portrait sharing the parcel with them, now shows S to the right in Parcels gui. They are able to remove items from the parcel but ARE NOT able to place items in it.
    Thinking of the example made of Individual Bags of Holding, these would need to be public for players to be able to place items inside them, and hence they could interact with other player's bags by accessing via the Parcel's gui?

Thread Information