FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 61 of 109 First ... 1151596061626371 ... Last
    Answering my own question, it looks like there was a posting about this last year: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ing-a-campaign

@Moon Wizard and @Trenloe have some recommendations in there.

FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    On a separate subject, I get, on occasion, the following error when /reload'ing my ruleset:
    Code:
    [timestamp] [ERROR] Object(DATABASENODE) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
    I haven't seen any negative consequences... yet. Also, I have been unable to reliably cause this to happen (and I've tried quite a few different scenarios.)

Any guidance for how to isolate this?

Thanks.
    It's a bug you can ignore as it's an issue with removal of some objects. If you can replicate the process in creating it consistently, Moon Wizard would be most interested. In either case, it's not going to affect your game play or development.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    It's a bug you can ignore as it's an issue with removal of some objects. If you can replicate the process in creating it consistently, Moon Wizard would be most interested. In either case, it's not going to affect your game play or development.
    Thanks Dominic!

Blog Entries
    Video #4 in this new series is available now.

This one is pretty meaty and there is a lot going on in the video but it is some pretty powerful stuff.

https://youtu.be/mxAfyK4idBc

See the RWP and PAK files below.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post

This one is pretty meaty and there is a lot going on in the video but it is some pretty powerful stuff.

Great stuff! Thank You

I was able to import everything and get it working for the most part. I still get a couple errors. What's the secret to figuring out the error messages in CoreRPG? I can figure out the window reference of course, but I don't know if the subsequent number provides some hint to the issue. Is it a line of code? See image. The proper attribute average is loaded when the skill is dropped, but it doesnt update if the attribute changes.

newskills.PNG
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; December 18th, 2021 at 15:48.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I'm flying now.

I just needed your examples to show me how the database hierarchy and some of the basic API calls work. Now I'm making real progress.

- s.west

On my idelete problem, another interesting puzzle is that the idelete icon on my skill_detail becomes un-delete-able in Ruleset Wizard. It acts as if it isn't there when I try to delete it. Very weird. I end up having to copy the other elements to a new windowclass and starting over...

I don't know if @psicodelix wants to know this, or now; or if having the .rwp would help (I'll try saving and reloading to see if it still misbehaves. be right back... Yep, the saved .rwp displays the same problem with it after reloading.)

So. I'm a bit stumped.

- s.west
    That happens when the control is locked in the designer
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    Great stuff! Thank You

I was able to import everything and get it working for the most part. I still get a couple errors. What's the secret to figuring out the error messages in CoreRPG? I can figure out the window reference of course, but I don't know if the subsequent number provides some hint to the issue. Is it a line of code? See image. The proper attribute average is loaded when the skill is dropped, but it doesnt update if the attribute changes.

newskills.PNG
    the first error tells you -
    the file that has the issue - campaign/Scripts/managerChar.lua
    the line that the issue occurs on - either 6 or 5 (sometimes it doesnt realise there is an issue until it gets to the next line)
    hints at the error - one of the variables or the lines to generate a variable is not returning a value

the second one tells you
    the window that has the issue - moreskills
    the line that the issue occurs on - either 9 or 8 (sometimes it doesnt realise there is an issue until it gets to the next line)
    hints at the error - one of the variables or the lines to generate a variable is not returning a value - in this case its probably the lock script and you dont have a skills_description

first fix these issues
    (also this was not intended for you to wholesale take these from the project, you should create your own using the lesson/learns and dont use "moreskills", replace your existing skills)
    then confirm you added the script to the attributes onValueChanged()

Blog Entries
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I'm flying now.

I just needed your examples to show me how the database hierarchy and some of the basic API calls work. Now I'm making real progress.

- s.west
    Huzzah!

@psicodelix
    Is it possible to copy/paste or drag data from one window to another? I am finding I want to do a major revamp to the abilities tab (adding horizontal tabs to better organize the skill lists) and would rather not have to re-create all the work I have done so far. I would like to be able to paste or move the items from one sub window to another.

Possible solution: After I create the sub-window controls, could I copy my current abilities window three times, rename them to link to the subwindows, and then edit each as desired?
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; December 20th, 2021 at 16:43.

Thread Information