FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 29 of 49 First ... 19272829303139 ... Last
    So you have included other key word shape changing abilities for npcs right? Dragons are a pretty big part of the game and the trait for them is called Change Shape. Can that not be included to trigger the polymorphism selection panel to appear?

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    So you have included other key word shape changing abilities for npcs right? Dragons are a pretty big part of the game and the trait for them is called Change Shape. Can that not be included to trigger the polymorphism selection panel to appear?
    No plans to add that in. As I said - you use whatever the current spell/power/keywords are available to make what you want done and for really specialized things you make a customized NPC to go with one of those spell/power/keywords.

In no way shape or form do I plan to support individual variations when it can be achieved with the tools provided.

Keep in mind - all my extensions were done to support my active games. I made them as things annoyed me during my own games and put things out that would make my games run smoother. While I'll incorporate ideas that I want for me - I will not simply add in things that others want unless I see something that can't be done any other way and is not a burden on me "doing it".

I don't do alter shape or things like that because its too trivial to just replace the CT token and call it an altered shape until you replace it back when done. I've done curse of strahd bats by simply supporting one of the generic keywords and making a specialized bat for him conforming to those special rules.

Dragons I've done both as special NPC and in my lazier moments simply replaced the token manually and kept their full powers and either limited what I run on them per given rules or whatever.

You can do what you need. I'm not planning on doing anything specialized to handle single cases. And dragons may be common to every campaigns you run - but in my world? They are rare. So is treasure. I'm not a big fan of everything is a dragon and every encounter has huge treasures.

In fact, my players know what I mean when they try to loot something in COS and I simply state you hear your character mutter "*)*(# Boravian"... they know there is nothing there. I digress - but point is - telling me I have included generic handy keywords to expand the tool means I should now provide specific keywords to handle things other people consider common... well... I'll simply use my trademarked response

No.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 22nd, 2022 at 20:32.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

The fabled wall of text, with the as expected no at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    The fabled wall of text, with the as expected no at the end.
    Indeed

TY for the quick response. I was having a hard with adding the standard abilities to the npc sheets and was checking to see if it was a glitch or something. I do like this ext and the parcel ext and have used them a lot. I have a Druid in a campaign now and it works great, Ty for the work
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Tanklin Kregin View Post
    TY for the quick response. I was having a hard with adding the standard abilities to the npc sheets and was checking to see if it was a glitch or something. I do like this ext and the parcel ext and have used them a lot. I have a Druid in a campaign now and it works great, Ty for the work
    Ted
    Can you rename the trait to polymorph or shapechange?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Can you rename the trait to polymorph or shapechange?
    Wildshape fits best as shapechange is more limited than the dragon ability. Also is more complicated as it does not fit regular parameters, true polymorph will become permanent if used as per spell description, It's ok, it is just work to get everything to take, and then if you do something wrong and it erases, you have do it all over again. I am making a expedition to resemble the Book series The Rage in 5E. TY for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanklin Kregin View Post
    Wildshape fits best as shapechange is more limited than the dragon ability. Also is more complicated as it does not fit regular parameters, true polymorph will become permanent if used as per spell description, It's ok, it is just work to get everything to take, and then if you do something wrong and it erases, you have do it all over again. I am making a expedition to resemble the Book series The Rage in 5E. TY for the suggestion.
    shapechange is not equal to shapechanger - make sure you read the directions in the .txt file or the forum threads if you plan to understand or talk about these things here or you will just confuse others reading in here.

To recap the txt file these are what I provide in terms of spell/power/keywords as I've described many times - and even in the last two pages to some extent:

Polymorph Spell - This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is of the same faction as the caster then it will not require the saving throw to take effect. Otherwise, it will.

True Polymorph Spell - This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is of the same faction as the caster then it will not require the saving throw to take effect. Otherwise, it will. This supports special custom NPC types of "object" or "item". If you make a custom NPC that has a type of one of these it will be treated as an object by this and that other spells in polymorphism (won't be considered a creature). For example, making a chair NPC with whatever structural HP it would have or anything else with a chair token and a type of "object" or "item" would be respected as an object in this spell.

Animal Shapes Spell - This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is self or not of the same faction as the caster that target will be ignored. A special feature that supports the ability to change shapes while a current animal shapes spell concentration is in effect requires that the target list be an exact subset of the current Animal Shapes concentration effects in play. If it is, then only that subset will change without breaking the concentration and losing the others in that active spell. Otherwise, any deviation from the target subset will result in breaking the concentration of the others (reverting them back) and casting this new target list as a new animal shapes spell transformation.

Shapechange Spell - This will support the almost the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Because of the nature of this spell and that you can still use your character features and spells at DM's discretion based on shape you took - this new sheet will have everything you need according to RAW 5E rules except those DM discretion things. When you go back to the original sheet it will also have a different label stating this sheet is for LIMTTED use at DM's discretion (unlike other reference sheets which state DO NOT USE). This is a self only spell and the special case allowing you to change shape while active is handled by going back to your source sheet where the NPC selection in this case will allow you to select a new NPC and hit the active button again (even though its highlighted already). If the NPC selection was different than the current one it will delete the Shapechange effect (reverting you back) and then transform you into the new NPC shape.

Shapechanger - this is an NPC trait/ PC feature which I've left completely up to the DM on what NPC's it can turn into. There are no changes to the resulting sheet - this is simply going to turn them into the pure NPC. If you want special conditions for this (like a vampire turning into mist) you make your own custom NPC. Or in some cases the shape changed attack/damage features are already on the NPC sheet and you can do nothing at all and don't even trigger polyrmorphism. This will pass in the HP data to the NPC and is really only valid to use if you copy the NPC into different versions where you add different tokens and keep all the stats etc. the same (optionally editing out attacks to the relevant ones for that token shape). Also if you die in changed shape you revert and are still dead.

Shapeshifter - this is an NPC trait/ PC feature which I've left completely up to the DM on what NPC's it can turn into. There are no changes to the resulting sheet - this is simply going to turn them into the pure NPC. It will follow most polymorph spell rules on death where it will carry over the exceeded HP when it reverts back to its shape. Used more for allowing the DM to have unrestricted polymorph (some homebrew NPC/PC have this death revert behavior).

Wild Shape - This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this in the newly created sheet after the wild shape takes effect. This is a self only thing so simply supports the active button switching back and forth.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 23rd, 2022 at 04:24.

I love this extension and had good experience with it running it for Rime of the Frost Maiden.

Anyway you can tool it for use with the 3.5/Pathfinder 1e ruleset? Now having said that I have not tried running the extension and see if works already.

I'd be the first to buy it if you are so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse0317 View Post
    I love this extension and had good experience with it running it for Rime of the Frost Maiden.

Anyway you can tool it for use with the 3.5/Pathfinder 1e ruleset? Now having said that I have not tried running the extension and see if works already.

I'd be the first to buy it if you are so inclined.
    I wrote them for me and only write them for games I actually actively play in - D&D 5E and SW5E - so essentially just 5E. I can't even contemplate the nightmare to keep them working in games I don't even use - though all my code is unencrypted so you can look at what it does and try and mangle it for your personal use. But really, the rulesets are like wild renegades - originally I was under the impression that the CoreRPG and its basic tenets for xml/lua coding was common to all - but quickly realized the ruleset developers simply went "Meh, I'm doing it my way" and diverged from each other making it a royal pain to keep up with all of them. I tried at first and rapidly gave up after seeing the radical inconsistencies. I have no intentions of revisiting unless I actually end up DM'ing those type of things some day.

I've got my hands full doing my players COS and SW5E games once a week (or as often as we can with everyone's schedule) and did all my stuff to support those games. Anything that annoyed me while running them got an extension or something added into an existing extensions - as I hate making new ones unless they are just radically different from what I've done before. So, as so often ends up being the case, I must sadly decline the offer to do more work and answer with my trademarked response of...

No

Thread Information