STAR TREK 2d20

What are the risk of senging off an OOB to process on host do something using it

GAH - sending not senging. (sigh)

I'm not seeing it "fail" but I have a sneaking suspicious based on prints I've had in other things doing OOB messages that they are asynchronous. And while I'm actually succeeding what I wanted to do in my testing, I'm not really sure its safe.

For example, I call a notifyMyOOB that does something to the DB - I then immediately call something that uses that change. I'm trying to avoid a back and forth nightmare of OOB because the player side can't make the DB call (no priv to do so) and the host can't do all the window crap reliably that needs to use that DB thing. I could send it the window then send that back to the user who sent it but its such a trivial thing I need I don't wanna do it.

So my question is, how risky is it to do something like this? It works. But I'm wondering what would happen over a slow network or something.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Yes, all network events are asynchronous. Scripting does not ever allow pausing.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Yes, all network events are asynchronous. Scripting does not ever allow pausing.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yeah more testing just revealed the disaster that plan really was. Thanks for the response.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information