FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 95 of 104 First ... 45859394959697 ... Last
    EDIT:

Spotted the actual issue...

in 'function getDefaultRaceTraitMod(nodeTrait)', you have..

for a1, sIncrease in v:gmatch("your (%w+) score increases by (%d+)") do
    local nIncrease = tonumber(sIncrease) or 0;

table.insert(aIncreases, {stat = a1, increase = nIncrease})
    end

for a1, sDecrease in v:gmatch("your (%w+) score is reduced by (%d+)") do
    local nDecrease = tonumber(sDecrease) or 0;

table.insert(aIncreases, {stat = a1, increases = nDecrease * -1})
    end
    note the '"your (%w+) score is reduced by (%d+)"' section stores in the '{stat = a1, increases = nDecrease * -1}' it should be just 'increase'.

you have an extra 's'.. so the decrease entry in the table has no [v.increase] entry because its in [v.increases] by accident.

line 669

-pete

--------------------- original post --------------------

'Error in manager_charwizard.lua, line 815: table index is nil

issue is caused by,

In function 'function getDefaultRaceTraitMod(nodeTrait)' the use of "your (%w+) score is reduced by (%d+)", inserts into the 'aIncreases' table a stat and a negative value into 'increases' for the table entry.

Then in 'function applyRacialAbilityDefault(wndSummary, wList)', when it checks the 'if not tFinalChoices[v.increase] then' line the lua tries to store 'tFinalChoices[v.increase] = 1;' by accessing a negative array index due to 'v.increase' been negative.

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; June 6th, 2022 at 14:18.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Thanks for reporting the typo. I'll have that pushed with Tuesday's update. I haven't really looked into the negative modifiers, so I might want a closer look at the parsing of those, but will have this typo resolved with the weekly update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Thanks for reporting the typo. I'll have that pushed with Tuesday's update. I haven't really looked into the negative modifiers, so I might want a closer look at the parsing of those, but will have this typo resolved with the weekly update.
    while removing that 's' clears up the crash report in lua, it does not 'solve' the reduced stats. It assumes later that they are still positive and groups them together and even lists them on the 'stats' in the wizard as positive values.

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; June 6th, 2022 at 20:16.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

As I am not able to think off the top of my head where a negative ability score takes place in the WotC books, it must have been in there prior to me taking over the feature. I can fix the error report, but might take longer with it working as a negative result.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

As I am not able to think off the top of my head where a negative ability score takes place in the WotC books, it must have been in there prior to me taking over the feature. I can fix the error report, but might take longer with it working as a negative result.
    Ive dm'ed you a module that has negatives in to use. When using the non-wizard character create race drag on from the module the positive and negative stat changes are applied.

Having it not 'crash' the wizard is a good first step.. but I hope its a simple fix to get it working.. most of the code looks to be in place from what I can see.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Ok, this is probably more of a bug for the Modern Dark Theme, but I thought for the longest time that the "Level Up" part of the character wizard was just busted. But since it could've been an extension I run (I have a lot of extensions in my sessions) I wanted to do some digging first as to what extension it was before filing a report. (because surely if it was just totally busted it would've been fixed by now was my thinking). Got time to do that today

So turns out that you can't see the level up and level down arrows with the Modern Dark Theme. You just can't. At one point in the past there was a drop down menu for the level to go to, and that was what I was trying to use (clicks started doing nothing), and I couldn't see that there are now arrows pointing up, or down.

Once I switched my theme to the default I saw them, and then switched back to the Modern Dark Theme, and while I couldn't see them, I could click them. SMH. (not a huge deal, drag and drop a class level still worked fine).

Thanks for the report. I'll pass this along to have it looked at.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

EDIT NOTE: since the wizard has a check/warning for >20 stat value, with reduction support now... it might also need a <1 stat warning as well...

Had some spare time to look at the negative modifiers..

function applyRacialAbilityDefault(wndSummary, wList)
    local aRaceIncreases, bTasha = CharWizardManager.getDefaultRaceMods(wList);

if bTasha then
    return
    end

local tSelectChoicesI = {};
    local tSelectChoicesR = {};

for _,k in pairs(DataCommon.abilities) do
    tSelectChoicesI[k] = { tooltip = "Select Ability to increase." };
    tSelectChoicesR[k] = { tooltip = "Select Ability to reduce." };
    end

local tFinalChoices = {};
    local tFinalDefaults = {};
    local bInnateIncrease = false;

for k,v in pairs(aRaceIncreases) do
    if not tFinalChoices[v.increase] then
    tFinalChoices[v.increase] = 1;
    else
    tFinalChoices[v.increase] = tFinalChoices[v.increase] + 1;
    end

if v.stat ~= "any" then
    tFinalDefaults[v.stat] = v.increase;
    end
    bInnateIncrease = true;
    end

for k,v in pairs(tFinalChoices) do
    CharWizardManager.createSelectionWindows(wList, "SELECT CHOICE RACIAL MOD " .. (k < 0 and '' or '+') .. k, (k < 0 and tSelectChoicesR or tSelectChoicesI), v);
    end

if bInnateIncrease then
    for _,vModWin in pairs(wList.getWindows()) do
    if vModWin.group_name.getValue():lower():match("selec t choice racial mod") then
    local sSign, sIncrease = vModWin.group_name.getValue():lower():match("selec t choice racial mod ([%+%-]*)(%d+)");
    local nIncrease = tonumber(sIncrease) or 0;
    if sSign and sSign == '-' then
    nIncrease = -nIncrease;
    end

for k,v in pairs(tFinalDefaults) do
    if v == nIncrease then
    for _,vMod in pairs(vModWin.selection_window.getWindows()) do
    if vMod.name.getValue():lower() == k then
    vMod.bname.onButtonPress();
    break
    end
    end
    end
    end
    end
    end

return true
    end

return
    end
    and

function calcRacialAbilityMods(wndSummary, wList)
    CharWizardManager.clearRacialAbilityMods(wndSummar y);

local tRacialMod = {};
    for _,wGroup in pairs(wList.getWindows()) do
    local sGroup = wGroup.group_name.getValue();
    if sGroup:match("^CHOICE RACIAL MOD") then
    local sSign, sValue = sGroup:match("([%+%-]*)(%d+)");
    local nIncrease = tonumber(sValue) or 0;
    if sSign and sSign == '-' then
    nIncrease = -nIncrease;
    end
    if nIncrease then
    for _,wSelection in pairs(wGroup.selection_window.getWindows()) do
    if wSelection.value.getValue() == "1" then
    local sAbilityLower = wSelection.name.getValue():lower();
    tRacialMod[sAbilityLower] = (tRacialMod[sAbilityLower] or 0) + nIncrease;
    end
    end

end
    end
    end

for k,v in pairs(tRacialMod) do
    if StringManager.contains(DataCommon.abilities, k) then
    wndSummary.summary.subwindow["summary_race_" .. k].setValue(v);
    end
    end

wndSummary.calcSummaryStats();
    end
    -pete
    Last edited by bratch9; June 8th, 2022 at 00:38.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

I looked over your Forge item and looks like you are trying to use it to not build a character but a companion/summoner. If I am wrong, please clarify. The race you are attempting to use is to facilitate this creation and such is not a published race. As the attempt to work with third party products and homebrew is still not fully investigated and worked on, this will not be a quick addition to the code. Currently, I'm not aware of negative ability scores for any race currently from WotC products and that is why the code shored up this logic. The code you have found was remnants from the previous developer attempting to get this ball rolling, but never fully realized. I can't promise any ETA on this expanded to include reduction. So it might be some time till it is completed.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I looked over your Forge item and looks like you are trying to use it to not build a character but a companion/summoner. If I am wrong, please clarify. The race you are attempting to use is to facilitate this creation and such is not a published race. As the attempt to work with third party products and homebrew is still not fully investigated and worked on, this will not be a quick addition to the code. Currently, I'm not aware of negative ability scores for any race currently from WotC products and that is why the code shored up this logic. The code you have found was remnants from the previous developer attempting to get this ball rolling, but never fully realized. I can't promise any ETA on this expanded to include reduction. So it might be some time till it is completed.
    Well I provided the 6 or so lines of change required in the 2 functions, so not sure why it would take a long time ?

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information