STAR TREK 2d20
Page 19 of 30 First ... 9171819202129 ... Last
    To clarify point 1 it's on applying damage that the target clears.
    And I agree it's annoying.
    "Baseball isn't just a game, it's a metaphor for life. We dress alike, we follow the rules, we run in circles, there are winners and losers, and suddenly it,s over." Bizarro

Quote Originally Posted by devinlc View Post
    Hello. I'm starting to test combat and have noticed some issues:

1. When you target a creature with a PC and then attack it, if the attack hits, the target is cleared, and you have to re-click it to re-acquire it. However, if you miss the attack, then the target remains. It seems like it should be consistent and exhibit the same behaviour when it hits or when it misses (I'd prefer it keeps the target until that target is removed from the combat tracker or until a different target is selected).

2. When you are playing with hit locations option turned on and you drag a creature to the combat tracker, its armor value does not transfer to its hit locations, meaning you have to manually put it in for each location for each creature prior to combat starting, which is a huge time sink. I'd love for the system to automatically apply the base armor value (for example, 5 for crocodile) to each hit location automatically.

3. When using hit locations, damage to each hit location is tracked, but it is never subtracted from total hit points. Total hit points always show at maximum.

4. When using hit locations, damage doesn't add to previous damage taken to that location. For example, when I hit an elf in the left leg for 6 damage, and then hit it again for 1 damage, it shows 1 point of damage to that leg.

5. When using hit locations, if you click on the defense button for a creature on the combat tracker, it shows the hit location chart for the creature, but locations are alphabetized rather than the standard progression from legs to abdomen to chest to arms to head).

6. How do you turn on or off random ability rolling for NPCs? There is a "Race?" button that used to do it in Fantasy Grounds II, but it doesn't seem to work now.

Regards,

Devin
    I took care of each of the points listed and added in the similar options 5e has for targetting. These updates will be pushed available on TEST with the next general push. The ruleset won't see these changes on LIVE till the beta is currently over.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Ok, the new setup is pushed on the TEST server if you want to give it a try before it goes LIVE.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I took care of each of the points listed and added in the similar options 5e has for targetting. These updates will be pushed available on TEST with the next general push. The ruleset won't see these changes on LIVE till the beta is currently over.
    Thanks!

I am now entering PC sheets into the system and will let you know what I find in this post (which I will edit so that it is all in one post):

1. When you change a skill's base value, it doesn't keep it when you close FGU and reopen it. For example, I create a new PC and change the starting value of Language, Own from 0 to 70 (which might be INT x 5). With a +3% category bonus, my skill is 73. If I then close the character sheet and close FGU, when I reopen it, the Language, Own starting value reverts to 0 and the total skill value reverts to 3. Of course, I can work around this by including the starting value in the middle skill box, but it would be nice, since the system lets you change starting values, if those changes stuck. Interestingly, if I create a NEW skill (like Intimidate) and drag it onto the Skills tab and assign a new starting value for it, it does stay, even after I quit and restart FGU. So, this problem really only seems to occur with skills that start on the Skill tab but have an option to change the starting value.

2. If you right click on the Main tab under melee weapons it adds a line just fine. But if you right click on the Main tab under missile weapons, it adds a line to the melee weapons section. We should be able to add a line to the missile weapons section.

3. On the Power tab, the actual section for powers can hold exactly 6 powers before it has to start scrolling through them. Meanwhile, the section above it (which seems to only have 2 spaces to fill out on 1 line) is almost as large and the Character Failings section below the Powers section takes up more than half of the page. It seems like the top section should be 1 line high and the failings section should be much much smaller and, therefore, the powers section could be much bigger. I'd really like that, as I have wizard and sorcerer PCs who won't be able to fit all of their spells in this small section.
    Last edited by devinlc; December 6th, 2023 at 01:49.

I can verify it. I'll look into it. I also checked the group bonus and not sure how it was intended to work. I can't edit it to update the skill category bonus. I can look into that too if anyone thinks this is not working as intended.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I can verify it. I'll look into it. I also checked the group bonus and not sure how it was intended to work. I can't edit it to update the skill category bonus. I can look into that too if anyone thinks this is not working as intended.
    The skill category bonus is dependent on the characters stat values and it is calculated by the function getCategoryBonus in scripts/manager_gameline.lua and should (IMO) not be editable from the skill tab.

Thanks, that's what I needed to understand.I was about to rip it apart. I'll look over the other reported issues and see if I can get those working.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I pushed a new build to TEST with updates to resolve the earlier reported issues.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Not sure if this is a bug or just a weird oversight, but item armor bonuses seems to be hard coded into the items somehow, so if you have a vest that gives a penalty to physical skills and change the skill mod field on the item, it still applies the same skill mod no matter what you do.

That hasn't been linked up and will require handling the penalty by hand.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information