STAR TREK 2d20
Page 17 of 30 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I have now looked deeper at this problem. The problem is that all non custom skills have their skill type reset to 3, meaning that any sublabels are ignored. In the function checkdefaultskills() in campaign\scripts\charsheet_skilllist.lua all skills are checked and if their skill type is not "custom" then the skill type is set to "ignore". This means that the sublabels of all non custom skills (that have sublabels) become invisible. That used to work fine when you couldn't drag a new skill onto the character sheet, you had to create a new skill if you wanted to add a non-default skill, and then the skill type would be set to "custom". Nowadays when non default skills can be dragged onto the sheet, the code creates troubles. New skills are not treated as custom. Today it's better to drag skills than create new ones, especially if you use skill categories, because it's is not possible to set the skill category of a new skill.

I don't think the code in bold red below, is needed anymore. Removing it solved the problem, at least for me.

Code:
    function checkdefaultskills()
        -- create default skills
        local skilldata = LineManager.getLine().Skills;
        local winlist = {};

for k, w in pairs(getWindows()) do
            if w.getClass()=="charsheet_skill" then
                local label = w.label.getValue(); 
                local type = w.skilltype.getValue();
                if type >= SkillType.NoCheck then
                    type = type - SkillType.NoCheck;
                end
                if type~= SkillType.Custom then
                    w.skilltype.setValue(SkillType.Ignore);
                end
                if skilldata[label] then
                    if winlist[label] then
                        table.insert(winlist[label], w);
                    else
                        winlist[label] = { w };
                    end
                end
            end
        end

I am having this issue and I looked for the file to delete the offending code, but I cannot find it. I have no folder called "scripts" in my campaign folder and no file called "charsheet_skilllist.lua" anywhere that I can find.

That old post of mine is now dated.

To add a skill, drag it from the list of available skills under "Character" in the right-hand side menu. Do not try and create a skill by hand by right clicking and then "create item". especially if you are using skill categories. Another way of adding new skills is by creating an campaign extension and add them to the list of skills in my_script.lua.

The file mentioned above can be found by copying basic roleplaying.pak from the rulesets folder to another folder (like "dev") and unpack it.

Weapon skills can be linked to the main tab if they have exactly the same name. This can be tricky because BRP uses group skills. What I do is to keep the weapon skills on the main tab. Another solution is to create a bunch of new skills, one per weapon, but then you'll need to know how to create a module.

That old post of mine is now dated.

To add a skill, drag it from the list of available skills under "Character" in the right-hand side menu. Do not try and create a skill by hand by right clicking and then "create item". especially if you are using skill categories. Another way of adding new skills is by creating an campaign extension and add them to the list of skills in my_script.lua.

The file mentioned above can be found by copying basic roleplaying.pak from the rulesets folder to another folder (like "dev") and unpack it.

Weapon skills can be linked to the main tab if they have exactly the same name. This can be tricky because BRP uses group skills. What I do is to keep the weapon skills on the main tab. Another solution is to create a bunch of new skills, one per weapon, but then you'll need to know how to create a module.
    Thanks for the info. How do you put a new weapon skill on the main tab? The only way I can see to do that is to right click and create item, which you say not to do. I cannot drag from the skill list under the Character menu to the main page. How would I add Spear skill to the PCs' main page?

Quote Originally Posted by devinlc View Post
    Thanks for the info. How do you put a new weapon skill on the main tab? The only way I can see to do that is to right click and create item, which you say not to do. I cannot drag from the skill list under the Character menu to the main page. How would I add Spear skill to the PCs' main page?
    Weapons on the main tab are not skills, they are items, sorry for the confusion. Either drag from the list of items (from the campaign menu) or from the tables in the BRP Game System X module. In the later case, do like this:

1) Open modules (under Library in the menu) and activate "BRP Game System X".
    Activate module.jpg
    2) Click on the module in the Module menu.
    BRP Modules.jpg
    3) You will see a table of contents, click on "Frequently Used Tables" at the bottom of the list.
    BRP Game System X Table of Contents.jpg
    4) Scroll to the bottom of the list of tables and click on any of the entries.
    Weapon_tables.jpg
    5) Drag the desired weapon from the list to the main tab of the character sheet. Click on the grey box and drag.
    Last edited by peterb; June 26th, 2023 at 05:46.

Hi,

Started a new BRP campaign today after an update, no extensions just BRP Games System X, BRP Gamemaster Guide and Assault on the Farm-House loaded. The map image for AotFH is blank accept for 5 pins that don't link to anything. The other example scenarios all have similar problems: images not present but their pins do link to story items. All of these module report the same error in the Modules panel when clicked on "No indexes created for this module. Please check the individual campaign record listings". Also many of the NPCs in the example modules are missing stats.

Simon
    Last edited by sedgetone; August 13th, 2023 at 10:13.

All of these modules were created well before FGU, and before the whole Library format was a thing; so the "No indexes ..." message is correct. They're just older formats.

As for the broken images/links, we'll take a look.

Regards,
    JPG

OK, I've updated those adventures, so that the images should appear. Currently, the BRP ruleset and the included adventure shorts are currently locked in beta testing for the 8/29 release, and available only in the Test channel noted in the Laboratory forum. You may need to revert the image in the campaign Images list via right click to see the image, as I had to change the file format/extension.

Regards,
    JPG

Weapons on the main tab are not skills, they are items, sorry for the confusion. Either drag from the list of items (from the campaign menu) or from the tables in the BRP Game System X module. In the later case, do like this:

1) Open modules (under Library in the menu) and activate "BRP Game System X".
    Activate module.jpg
    2) Click on the module in the Module menu.
    BRP Modules.jpg
    3) You will see a table of contents, click on "Frequently Used Tables" at the bottom of the list.
    BRP Game System X Table of Contents.jpg
    4) Scroll to the bottom of the list of tables and click on any of the entries.
    Weapon_tables.jpg
    5) Drag the desired weapon from the list to the main tab of the character sheet. Click on the grey box and drag.
    I got SOME weapons to work. I had to create a specific weapon skill for it in the SKILLS category under the Character Tab on the right of the screen. Then I had to drag the skill to the Skills page. Then I dragged the ITEM for the weapon to the Main Page. For Sling and Dagger, this worked! For Rapier, for some reason, it did not. So, it seems hit-and-miss right now. Wish it could work consistently.

Another very annoying item is that, using hit locations, I type in the armor values for each location, but when I close FGU and re-enter, the armor value reverts to 0. So, every player will have to retype his or her armor value for each hit location every time they start play. Not game-breaking, but annoying.

Finally, is there any way to DELETE a skill from the Skill tab if you do not use it in your campaign? For example, I do not have Projection in my campaign, but there it is on the skill sheet and no way I can see to remove it. Right clicking does not give me a trashcan option.

Thanks,

Devin
    Last edited by devinlc; October 5th, 2023 at 15:30. Reason: Update

I have it added to my list to look at. Will be some time to find a solution.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I was able to get the rapier working by creating a new entry under combat and calling it Swords. The Rapier pulled the skill correctly. I'm not able to replicate the values not staying put upon reload for armor. I did notice some things that didn't look right around that area. I also ended up adding a drag and drop for armor to populate the armor, ap, and effects areas when dropped to that location to help keep track of such things. I pushed an update that will contain this change.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information